Free Dream Seats and Purple Parking Pass to Panthers game

Washington Redskins' Game Day discussions for 2003, 2004, and 2005
Pursuer of Justice

Postby Justice Hog » Thu Nov 30, 2006 9:41 am

Did you folks ever hear of this word called "fate"? Well, for a lot of reasons, I'm a big believer in "fate". Here's a big example.

As you all know, I didn't make it to the Panthers game, a game where I intended to propose to my girlfriend. Instead, we stayed local and I proposed to her up in Delaware.

Well.

On Tuesday, on my way to work, my truck broke down on me...about 1/2 mile away from my home. It stalled and wouldn't start. I got out, walked around, and noticed it was leaking gas.

Well, I had to call the fire department to come out and make the area "safe" before I had it towed to the dealer. The police also came out (I knew the cop from my days as a prosecutor). A few hours later, my vehicle was on the way to the dealer. I then went to work on my Harley (thankfully, it was a nice day).

The dealer worked on it and discovered my fuel filter and lock was faulty so the fuel flow was disrupted.

Now, if I went to the Redskins-Panthers game, considering when this happened, I'm guessing my vehicle would have broke down on I-95 on the way to the game that day. I probably would have missed the entire game. I would not have been able to propose to my girlfriend there. It would have completely sucked!!

So, instead, I didn't go to the game. I got engaged on that day and my vehicle broke down only 1/2 mile from my house 2 days later.

Again, do you believe in "fate"? I certainly do.

OH, BY THE WAY, WE SET A DATE! SUNDAY, OCTOBER 7, 2007!!!! I think we're gonna make it a "destination wedding", getting married in the Caribbean.

What does that mean for all of you?

If the Redskins are playing a home game that day, I'll be giving my tickets away again for that game. If we decide to honeymoon for more than a week and the Redskins have a home game on 10/14/07 as well, I'll be giving my tickets away to that game as well.

Call me crazy, but I much prefer just giving my tickets away to you folks here "for free" than trying to sell them at face value (which would be around $650 for both). Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside knowing I made some Redskins Fan/THN Family member happy, ya know?

Well, keep your eyes open next October!!!!
Fran Farren
"Justice Hog"

Newark, DE

6th person to join the "new THN message boards"

Section 341, Row 8, Seats #15 & #16

"Justice that love gives is a surrender, justice that law gives is a punishment."
-Mohandas Gandhi

~~

Postby REDEEMEDSKIN » Thu Nov 30, 2006 12:20 pm

Great story. Praise God that nothing happened to you. :celebrate:

On a related note, since it appears that "No Justice at FedEX = automatic wins for Skins", we're AT least guaranteed 2 wins next season, on account of your nuptials. :up:

Thanks for doing your part. :lol:

HTTR
Back and better than ever!

The Evil Straw

Postby Fios » Thu Nov 30, 2006 12:26 pm

Very fortunate indeed, congrats on setting a date
RIP Sean Taylor

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Thu Nov 30, 2006 2:03 pm

Great story Justice - I am a firm believer in fate and that a lot of things happen for a reason :?

I know the seats are only available to non ticket holders and that is going to be a fun scramble next year when the schedule comes out :up:

I will not be surprised if you are not already thinking of making it interesting?? :twisted:
RG3 is now learning how to play QB in the NFL - Mike & Kyle did not help with the transition

Jay & Sean are going to make it happen ... "He has the ability and the desire, he just has to do it.” - J Gruden

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Thu Nov 30, 2006 2:19 pm

I got dibs.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

~~

Postby REDEEMEDSKIN » Thu Nov 30, 2006 2:39 pm

JSPB22 wrote:I got dibs.

Get in line. [-(
Back and better than ever!

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Thu Nov 30, 2006 3:02 pm

REDEEMEDSKIN wrote:

Get in line. [-(

Right in front of you!

So sorry, you forgot to post your desire for the seats.

REDEEMEDSKIN wrote:Great story. Praise God that nothing happened to you. :celebrate:

On a related note, since it appears that "No Justice at FedEX = automatic wins for Skins", we're AT least guaranteed 2 wins next season, on account of your nuptials. :up:

Thanks for doing your part. :lol:

HTTR

Hail to the Redskins!

~~~

Postby Champsturf » Thu Nov 30, 2006 10:31 pm

AWESOME story Justice, and congrats again. To think I was disappointed for DcD missing the first half. You would've missed the WHOLE game.

As far as next season, I think that an out-of-state DIEHARD that has NEVER been to FedEx or RFK should get be first in line. It just so happens that I am all of the above. :shock: I've only seen the Skins once...Cleveland in a loss :( Whatever I need to do to solidify my position for first in line, let me know. I've already told my wife that I may be going, so she'll be ready for the news.

HTTR

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Sun Dec 03, 2006 11:37 am

Champsturf wrote:As far as next season, I think that an out-of-state DIEHARD that has NEVER been to FedEx or RFK should get be first in line.

I agree on the out-of-state thing, but the never been to a game thing just shows your lack of commitment to the team. I on the other hand, have often made a special trip out-of-state just to attend a 'Skins game. Besides, I spoke up first. :nana:

Hail to the Redskins!

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Sun Dec 03, 2006 11:41 am

JSPB22 wrote:
Champsturf wrote:As far as next season, I think that an out-of-state DIEHARD that has NEVER been to FedEx or RFK should get be first in line.

I agree on the out-of-state thing, but the never been to a game thing just shows your lack of commitment to the team. I on the other hand, have often made a special trip out-of-state just to attend a 'Skins game. Besides, I spoke up first. :nana:

What if you are unable to get to the area doing the season, or station out of country and can't get leave or you've been stuck in a war, stuck cleaning up after a war. or just plain stuck out of the area, and may have some free time soon?
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Sun Dec 03, 2006 11:44 am

REDEEMEDSKIN wrote:

Get in line. [-(

JSPB22 wrote:
REDEEMEDSKIN wrote:

Get in line. [-(

Right in front of you!

So sorry, you forgot to post your desire for the seats.

He's got you there TRO
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

Junior Hog

Postby Jake » Sun Dec 03, 2006 5:43 pm

Well what do ya know? JH showed up to todays game and we lost. Sell the rest of your tickets! :-)
RIP Sean Taylor 1983-2007
RIP Kevin Mitchell 1971-2007
RIP Justin Skaggs 1979-2007
RIP Sammy Baugh 1914-2008

RIP JPFair
RIP VetSkinsFan

#60 Chris Samuels: 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time Pro Bowl left tackle!

...unadulterated

Postby Hoss » Sun Dec 03, 2006 6:27 pm

Jake wrote:Well what do ya know? JH showed up to todays game and we lost. Sell the rest of your tickets! :-)

it's the right thing to do.
People may not remember exactly what you did
or what you said....

~BUT~
they will ALWAYS remember how you made them feel.

Pursuer of Justice

Postby Justice Hog » Mon Dec 04, 2006 12:44 pm

Wow. Now I think I'll try an experiment. In one of the next two home games, I'll tell y'all that I can't make the game and we'll see what happens.

Hmmmm.

Jake wrote:Well what do ya know? JH showed up to todays game and we lost. Sell the rest of your tickets! :-)

I'm really surprised you didn't say "GIVE AWAY" the rest of your tickets!

Oh, and by the way, I did actually attend the Jaguars game, and the Cowboys game this year - both wins.
Fran Farren
"Justice Hog"

Newark, DE

6th person to join the "new THN message boards"

Section 341, Row 8, Seats #15 & #16

"Justice that love gives is a surrender, justice that law gives is a punishment."
-Mohandas Gandhi

Junior Hog

Postby Jake » Mon Dec 04, 2006 6:13 pm

Justice Hog wrote:Wow. Now I think I'll try an experiment. In one of the next two home games, I'll tell y'all that I can't make the game and we'll see what happens.

Hmmmm.

I'm really surprised you didn't say "GIVE AWAY" the rest of your tickets!

Oh, and by the way, I did actually attend the Jaguars game, and the Cowboys game this year - both wins.

That was just coincidence. :wink:
RIP Sean Taylor 1983-2007
RIP Kevin Mitchell 1971-2007
RIP Justin Skaggs 1979-2007
RIP Sammy Baugh 1914-2008

RIP JPFair
RIP VetSkinsFan

#60 Chris Samuels: 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time Pro Bowl left tackle!

Return to Washington Redskins Game Day - 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006