Post Game Thread...Atl @ Was

Washington Redskins' Game Day discussions for 2003, 2004, and 2005
Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Post Game Thread...Atl @ Was

Postby 1niksder » Sun Dec 03, 2006 4:02 pm

Have at it...
Last edited by 1niksder on Mon Dec 04, 2006 9:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Sun Dec 03, 2006 4:06 pm

Post game streaming Here

and Here
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

Hog

Postby Charm City Sports » Sun Dec 03, 2006 4:14 pm

Some of the worst play calling.

We needed two scores, kick the ball.

GW's refusal to bend, and make ajustments cost us .

Why not stack the box when Shaub came in? there was no way they would call a pass play in the situation, NO F'n way!!!

JC gets a pass for the dumb mistakes, because he is still learning, but the coaching staff doesn't.

We needed two scores and they were calling plays like it was the first quarter.

They just gingerly walke dto the line, and no one on the sidelines was lighting the fire under the Offense's rear.

Now that I am done ranting I am going to pluck the new grey hair that I have gotten because of this game!!!

Skins History Buff

Postby welch » Sun Dec 03, 2006 4:15 pm

Defense: poor against run, poor against pass, mostly OK against the scramble.

OL: look at running stats.

Campbell: mistakes, bad throws. Still learning, and under tougher circumstances than Jay Schoeder or Mark Rypien had. (Note: in addition to an over-powering running game, he could throw to Monk, Clark, and Sanders). Would Brunell have been better? Perhaps, but that doesn't matter. The offense belongs to Campbell now.

Hog

Postby TincoSkin » Sun Dec 03, 2006 4:23 pm

williams is
GIBBS FOR LIFE

Hey hey hey, go Greenway!

~~~

Postby Champsturf » Sun Dec 03, 2006 4:24 pm

welch wrote:Would Brunell have been better? Perhaps, but that doesn't matter. The offense belongs to Campbell now.
Why even say that? Brunell will only be on the field if there's an injury to Campbell.

I'm mostly upset with the play calling...on both sides of the ball. Campbell's mistakes are understood....most players on the field have been there for at least 9 games...Campbell only 3.

The O was dominating by running the ball in the first, then got fancy in the second quarter and lost all momentum. Where are these amazing adjustments Gibbs is "known" for at halftime? I have yet to see any.

SCskinsFan

Postby SCSkinsFan » Sun Dec 03, 2006 4:25 pm

2 INTS killed two scoring chances, and giving up 256 yards rushing. Is that the story off this game? Not scoring after the blocked kick? Propbably didn't matter. AC's best game on D (led the team w/9 tackles, 2 assists, and 1 Sack) wasted. What else? As 1Nik showed, we got screwed byt FOX (again) on seeing the game on TV.
Last edited by SCSkinsFan on Sun Dec 03, 2006 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Skins fan Stuck in Panther land

Hog

Postby ATV » Sun Dec 03, 2006 4:25 pm

Suck.

I hated the offensive play-calling after the first quarter. They Redksins had the game in hand, the running game was demoralizing them. Next thing you know they start throwing the ball on every play. IMO, this is when they began to lose it.

Suck.

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Sun Dec 03, 2006 4:28 pm

Coaching - F
Horrible time management. Bad play calling. Run, run, pass is not going to cut it. Running draw plays with no timeouts left and 1 min left is retarded.

QB - C
RB - A
TE - D
WR - B
Offensive line
running - A
passing - D
Defensive line
pass rush - C
run stop - C+
LB - C+
DB - B-
Safety - C+
S/T - A
K - F+

Just my humble opinion on performances.
Some quick thoughts.

+ The play calling is still a big issue.

+ Why didn't we kick the FG at the end?

+ Why does it seem hard to get B Lloyd more involved?

+ Jason shouldn't have had to throw as much as he did.

+ The offense tired out the defense.

+ The organization is stupid for not getting Vanderjerk.

+ The reverse to ARE is getting played out. They run the reverse every week.

+
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

Hog

Postby nnskinsfan » Sun Dec 03, 2006 4:29 pm

I don't think we can blame it all on play-calling but we seemed to lose all the momentum early on. We had great success early on running the ball with an occasional throw. Then, we try a pass to Moss that might have actually been complete, try a trick play with RE that completely blows-up and then a 3rd down pass into the ground. After that, we never seemed the same.

Edit: The other thing that bugs me is that we don't seem to realize how much time is left in the game and how long it takes us to score.

SCskinsFan

Postby SCSkinsFan » Sun Dec 03, 2006 4:35 pm

Post-game talk is focusing on the Ranlde-El trick playthat lost yards in the 2nd Quarter when we were up. Is that when the coaching staff (AL?) got away from what we know as Redskin Football?
Skins fan Stuck in Panther land

Hog

Postby redskins12287 » Sun Dec 03, 2006 4:36 pm

Campbell had no protection all game, but still, some of those passes were just sooooooooo bad.
Gotta respect the 'Skins

~~~

Postby Champsturf » Sun Dec 03, 2006 4:43 pm

redskins12287 wrote:Campbell had no protection all game, but still, some of those passes were just sooooooooo bad.
Sorry, but I'm not banging on Campbell....not this season.

There were too many other areas that were awful to worry about. The play calling, the Oline, the D, and even the drops.

#######

Postby The Hogster » Sun Dec 03, 2006 4:48 pm

Campbell missed some throws, but he also had guys in his face every time he droppped back...our pass protection is slighly better than it was with the Fun and Gun...and thats sad. Its weird that we can't pass pro better when we run block so well....

We have the ATL offense pinned on the 1 yard line and we give up a 99 yard 'drive'...really 70 yard run killed us. Thats pathetic.

Should have kicked a FG on the first trip into the Red Zone, then when we got it back and didn't kick it with under a minute...that was just retarded.

Its our fault that we're going through Growing Pains now...Campbell has been sitting on ice for a year and a half....still Brunell wouldnt have done any better...he may not have thrown any picks, but he never would have thrown that 42 yarder down to Moss.
SPIT HAPPENS!!

Hog

Postby fredp45 » Sun Dec 03, 2006 5:11 pm

Linebackers C+??? NO way... I didn't see Lemar Marshall in on any runs up the middle. Holdman was around vick when he dove to the ground -- don't remember him beyond that. Washington didn't do much either...That unit has been playing at a D or worse the whole year.

I sure hope Wms realizes he needs to make a change and he puts Rocky in.

Return to Washington Redskins Game Day - 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006