The Purple Lot

Washington Redskins' Game Day discussions for 2003, 2004, and 2005
Pursuer of Justice

The Purple Lot

Postby Justice Hog » Tue Dec 05, 2006 2:35 pm

There have been discussions in past threads discussing whether fans in premium seats are "true" fans because they may be less than completely vocal at games or because they prefer to hang out at the bar in the club lever rather than watch a game.

I can't comment on that, but I an comment on this.

I am pretty disgusted by people that tailgate in the purple lot or, I should say, the lack of people that tailgate in the purple lots. Each week I arrive as soon as the lots open up, set my stuff up, and start tailgating.

It is usually at least an hour before someone pulls up near me. When they start filtering in, the lot is not filled at all as the hours pass....not like the Orange and Green lots are.

For the Eagles game, instead of parking in my usual spot, I'm gonna drive over closer to Arena Drive to see if I can find a place to set up my Canopy. At least there will be much more foot traffic near Arena Drive.

Yes, I am pretty much disgusted by the lack of "true fans" (when it comes to tailgating) in the purple lots.

Just had to say that.
Fran Farren
"Justice Hog"

Newark, DE

6th person to join the "new THN message boards"

Section 341, Row 8, Seats #15 & #16

"Justice that love gives is a surrender, justice that law gives is a punishment."
-Mohandas Gandhi

~~

Postby REDEEMEDSKIN » Tue Dec 05, 2006 2:39 pm

Out of curiosity, is it easier for purple-lotters to get in and out of the stadium from their spaces? If so, why would they beat the rush?
Back and better than ever!

Pursuer of Justice

Postby Justice Hog » Tue Dec 05, 2006 2:42 pm

REDEEMEDSKIN wrote:Out of curiosity, is it easier for purple-lotters to get in and out of the stadium from their spaces? If so, why would they beat the rush?

It's pretty easy to get in. Getting out is a hellofa lot tougher than when I was in the Red lot.
Fran Farren
"Justice Hog"

Newark, DE

"Justice that love gives is a surrender, justice that law gives is a punishment."
-Mohandas Gandhi

...unadulterated

Postby Hoss » Tue Dec 05, 2006 2:42 pm

When we walk from the red lot to the game, I notice the purple lot seems to be a little over 60% full. I also don't see a lot of serious tailgating going on.

We don't go in till around 40 minutes prior, so they may have headed in already.

Justice, I still plan on tailgating with you during the Giants game. I'll bring a little "red" to the purple lot. :wink:
People may not remember exactly what you did
or what you said....

~BUT~
they will ALWAYS remember how you made them feel.

Pursuer of Justice

Postby Justice Hog » Tue Dec 05, 2006 2:49 pm

HOSS wrote:Justice, I still plan on tailgating with you during the Giants game. I'll bring a little "red" to the purple lot. :wink:

That's cool. I'll let you know (in advance) just where you can find me. Just look for the best tailgate set up in the lot!

HOSS wrote:We don't go in till around 40 minutes prior, so they may have headed in already.

If you want my honest opinion, I think a lot of "purple lotters" are non-tailgaters. They simply show up 10-15 minutes before the game, park their vehicle, and walk inside. Pathetic. I, for one, believe that a huge part of the football experience is tailgating!
Fran Farren
"Justice Hog"

Newark, DE

-Mohandas Gandhi

~~

Postby REDEEMEDSKIN » Tue Dec 05, 2006 5:23 pm

Justice Hog wrote:If you want my honest opinion, I think a lot of "purple lotters" are non-tailgaters. They simply show up 10-15 minutes before the game, park their vehicle, and walk inside. Pathetic. I, for one, believe that a huge part of the football experience is tailgating!

Have you thought that it might also be that the majority have also paid to be part of the "Tailgate Club" at FedEx. They are a different breed up in the Land of Barney. My 2 cents

BTW - If you don't mind, TRO and "The Bride of TRO (TBOTRO)" would more be more than happy to tailgate with you on 12/30. It'll be TBOTRO's
Birthday weekend, and it'll be great to tailgate with some other die hards.

It's a Saturday game, so there will be NO scheduling conflicts for us that day, and we can be there for some major tailgating. We will be hitting 3 or 4 tailgates that day. :rock:
Back and better than ever!

cleg

Re: The Purple Lot

Postby cleg » Tue Dec 05, 2006 5:30 pm

Justice Hog wrote:There have been discussions in past threads discussing whether fans in premium seats are "true" fans because they may be less than completely vocal at games or because they prefer to hang out at the bar in the club lever rather than watch a game.

I can't comment on that, but I an comment on this.

I am pretty disgusted by people that tailgate in the purple lot or, I should say, the lack of people that tailgate in the purple lots. Each week I arrive as soon as the lots open up, set my stuff up, and start tailgating.

It is usually at least an hour before someone pulls up near me. When they start filtering in, the lot is not filled at all as the hours pass....not like the Orange and Green lots are.

For the Eagles game, instead of parking in my usual spot, I'm gonna drive over closer to Arena Drive to see if I can find a place to set up my Canopy. At least there will be much more foot traffic near Arena Drive.

Yes, I am pretty much disgusted by the lack of "true fans" (when it comes to tailgating) in the purple lots.

Just had to say that.

Is there a good spot for the Eagles game?
Drinking the Kool-Aid again...

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Re: The Purple Lot

Postby 1niksder » Tue Dec 05, 2006 5:34 pm

cleg wrote:Is there a good spot for the Eagles game?

You could start here
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

cleg

Postby cleg » Tue Dec 05, 2006 5:45 pm

1niksder wrote:

You could start here
Thanks,

~~~~~~

Postby Redskin in Canada » Tue Dec 05, 2006 8:14 pm

cleg wrote:
1niksder wrote:

You could start here
Thanks,

Yep. But get there early. These guys eat like The Hogs. Rumour has it that all the food is gone in the blink of an eye.
Daniel Snyder has defined incompetence, failure and greed to true Washington Redskins fans over the last decade. Stay away from football operations !!!

cappster

Postby Cappster » Tue Dec 05, 2006 8:17 pm

Hot dogs are all that you need. Easy to fix with little clean up.
Sapphire AMD Radeon R9 280x, FTW!

Hog Bowl II Champion (2010)

cleg

Postby cleg » Wed Dec 06, 2006 8:57 am

What time do the parking lots open?

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Wed Dec 06, 2006 9:09 am

cleg wrote:What time do the parking lots open?

The lots open at 9 AM. I think that the THN tailgate starts about a half an hour or hour after that. (Could be wrong, though).

cleg

Postby cleg » Wed Dec 06, 2006 9:33 am

Irn-Bru wrote:
cleg wrote:What time do the parking lots open?

The lots open at 9 AM. I think that the THN tailgate starts about a half an hour or hour after that. (Could be wrong, though).
Thanks, now all I have to do is find someone to buy a pass off of.

Pursuer of Justice

Postby Justice Hog » Wed Dec 06, 2006 9:50 am

Irn-Bru wrote:The lots open at 9 AM. I think that the THN tailgate starts about a half an hour or hour after that. (Could be wrong, though).

To be more specific, the lots open exaclty 4 hours before each home game. On 12/30, they'll open up at 4:00 PM.

For 1:00 PM games, I arrive at the stadium around 7:30 AM. For the Giants game, I'll probably arrive around 2:30 PM. I'm just sick like that.
Fran Farren
"Justice Hog"

Newark, DE

-Mohandas Gandhi

Return to Washington Redskins Game Day - 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006