Post Game Thread...Atl @ Was

Washington Redskins' Game Day discussions for 2003, 2004, and 2005
kazoo
Posts: 10280
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2004 3:00 pm
Location: Kazmania

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Wed Dec 06, 2006 5:32 pm

chaddukes wrote:Look, this is ridiculous. I don't want to keep going down this road with you. You don't seem to understand my point. Thats fine. Just don't try to humiliate me or imply that I don't know what I'm talking about. I don't think that this stupid argument in a forum from two guys who support that same team is going to do anything positive for either of us or the team. I don't draw any personal satisfaction out of these kinds of exchanges, so right, wrong or indifferent, I'm done.

I never intended to humiliate you. We like the same team. I just wanted to understand why GW's always getting trashed on this site. I'll ask someone else. And as you say, we can agree on GO SKINS!!!!!

~~~~~~~~
Posts: 1754
Joined: Sun Sep 28, 2003 9:12 pm
Location: Baltimore, MD

Postby ii7-V7 » Wed Dec 06, 2006 6:24 pm

KazooSkinsFan wrote:
chaddukes wrote:Look, this is ridiculous. I don't want to keep going down this road with you. You don't seem to understand my point. Thats fine. Just don't try to humiliate me or imply that I don't know what I'm talking about. I don't think that this stupid argument in a forum from two guys who support that same team is going to do anything positive for either of us or the team. I don't draw any personal satisfaction out of these kinds of exchanges, so right, wrong or indifferent, I'm done.

I never intended to humiliate you. We like the same team. I just wanted to understand why GW's always getting trashed on this site. I'll ask someone else. And as you say, we can agree on GO SKINS!!!!!


Just so you know I don't think that GW is a bad coach. I just think that in that game he dropped the ball!

**********
User avatar
Posts: 16744
Joined: Sat Mar 27, 2004 1:45 pm
Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Wed Dec 06, 2006 6:59 pm

chaddukes wrote:Just so you know I don't think that GW is a bad coach. I just think that in that game he dropped the ball!

He did go into that game thinking he'd have Shawn Springs, prepared all week that way only to lose him during warm ups.
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

~~~~~~~~
Posts: 1754
Joined: Sun Sep 28, 2003 9:12 pm
Location: Baltimore, MD

Postby ii7-V7 » Wed Dec 06, 2006 10:38 pm

1niksder wrote:
chaddukes wrote:Just so you know I don't think that GW is a bad coach. I just think that in that game he dropped the ball!

He did go into that game thinking he'd have Shawn Springs, prepared all week that way only to lose him during warm ups.


Thats true, and the game plan ended up looking much more similar to those first few games that we played this year! Good Point!

kazoo
Posts: 10280
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2004 3:00 pm
Location: Kazmania

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Thu Dec 07, 2006 12:31 am

chaddukes wrote:
KazooSkinsFan wrote:
chaddukes wrote:Look, this is ridiculous. I don't want to keep going down this road with you. You don't seem to understand my point. Thats fine. Just don't try to humiliate me or imply that I don't know what I'm talking about. I don't think that this stupid argument in a forum from two guys who support that same team is going to do anything positive for either of us or the team. I don't draw any personal satisfaction out of these kinds of exchanges, so right, wrong or indifferent, I'm done.

I never intended to humiliate you. We like the same team. I just wanted to understand why GW's always getting trashed on this site. I'll ask someone else. And as you say, we can agree on GO SKINS!!!!!


Just so you know I don't think that GW is a bad coach. I just think that in that game he dropped the ball!


So?

Hog
Posts: 474
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2004 10:21 am
Location: Dayton MD

Postby redskins12287 » Thu Dec 07, 2006 9:53 am

KazooSkinsFan wrote:
chaddukes wrote:
KazooSkinsFan wrote:
chaddukes wrote:Look, this is ridiculous. I don't want to keep going down this road with you. You don't seem to understand my point. Thats fine. Just don't try to humiliate me or imply that I don't know what I'm talking about. I don't think that this stupid argument in a forum from two guys who support that same team is going to do anything positive for either of us or the team. I don't draw any personal satisfaction out of these kinds of exchanges, so right, wrong or indifferent, I'm done.

I never intended to humiliate you. We like the same team. I just wanted to understand why GW's always getting trashed on this site. I'll ask someone else. And as you say, we can agree on GO SKINS!!!!!


Just so you know I don't think that GW is a bad coach. I just think that in that game he dropped the ball!


So?


So? What does that even mean?

GW keeps getting trashed on this site because he is the defenseive cordinator and our D sucks! Because he hand picked Arch, because he thinks his system can overcome lack of talent, because he hand picked Andre Carter, bceause he has let "core guys" go.
Gotta respect the 'Skins

kazoo
Posts: 10280
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2004 3:00 pm
Location: Kazmania

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Thu Dec 07, 2006 10:18 am

redskins12287 wrote:
KazooSkinsFan wrote:
chaddukes wrote:Just so you know I don't think that GW is a bad coach. I just think that in that game he dropped the ball!


So?


So? What does that even mean?

GW keeps getting trashed on this site because he is the defenseive cordinator and our D sucks! Because he hand picked Arch, because he thinks his system can overcome lack of talent, because he hand picked Andre Carter, bceause he has let "core guys" go.


"So" means I was not taking a poll on who supports GW and chaddukes added nothing by telling me he thinks "GW dropped the ball."

The problem is that I can think of a lot of reasons our D sucks and blaming GW is only one. I don't understand those who do that without addressing how he was successful in the past and had top ten defenses his first two years here and suddenly became incompetent. How did that happen?

I agree the D sucks and GW is not having a good year, but I'm not ready to blame him based on your message board talking points. Can you actually explain why you blame GW for our bad D and why you are not willing to allow a single bad season?

BTW, you may want to do some research on the legendary hall of fame coaches and how many of them would not have been if the standard of no bad season is forgivable were applied to them and they are to blame because of their title.



-

~~
User avatar
Posts: 8446
Joined: Fri Mar 26, 2004 2:12 pm
Location: Northern Virginia

Postby REDEEMEDSKIN » Thu Dec 07, 2006 10:29 am

Hey, boys, how 'bout we focus on THIS week's game?

It looks liek you all are using up some good material that more than likely will be useful following the game against the Eagles.

Don't get spent on the Dirty Birds. My 2 cents
Back and better than ever!

Hog
Posts: 474
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2004 10:21 am
Location: Dayton MD

Postby redskins12287 » Thu Dec 07, 2006 3:58 pm

KazooSkinsFan wrote:
redskins12287 wrote:
KazooSkinsFan wrote:
chaddukes wrote:Just so you know I don't think that GW is a bad coach. I just think that in that game he dropped the ball!


So?


So? What does that even mean?

GW keeps getting trashed on this site because he is the defenseive cordinator and our D sucks! Because he hand picked Arch, because he thinks his system can overcome lack of talent, because he hand picked Andre Carter, bceause he has let "core guys" go.


"So" means I was not taking a poll on who supports GW and chaddukes added nothing by telling me he thinks "GW dropped the ball."

The problem is that I can think of a lot of reasons our D sucks and blaming GW is only one. I don't understand those who do that without addressing how he was successful in the past and had top ten defenses his first two years here and suddenly became incompetent. How did that happen?

I agree the D sucks and GW is not having a good year, but I'm not ready to blame him based on your message board talking points. Can you actually explain why you blame GW for our bad D and why you are not willing to allow a single bad season?

BTW, you may want to do some research on the legendary hall of fame coaches and how many of them would not have been if the standard of no bad season is forgivable were applied to them and they are to blame because of their title.



-


When will you be ready to say that the defenseive problems come back to the defensive cordinator? When we blow another lead? What, do we have to lose by 50 points?

What are these other raeasons you have for out D being so terrible?
Gotta respect the 'Skins

kazoo
Posts: 10280
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2004 3:00 pm
Location: Kazmania

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Thu Dec 07, 2006 6:01 pm

redskins12287 wrote:When will you be ready to say that the defenseive problems come back to the defensive cordinator? When we blow another lead? What, do we have to lose by 50 points?


- GW is "responsible" I will say now. GW is to "blame" I will say when it's not an aberation (which won't be this year because of his many years of success) or someone can make a compelling case. The basic argument of the GW bashers is to fail to grasp the distinction between "blame" and "responsiblity."

redskins12287 wrote:What are these other reasons you have for out D being so terrible?

Keep in mind I'm not saying why the D sucks, I'm asking. Here are some possiblities off the top of my head. Note they are not mutually exclusive and you don't have to pick one.

- Injuries
- Insufficient time for new players to integrate into the team
- Our D talent level is lower
- Players have talent but don't have compatible capabilities
- It's key defenders that are having a bad year
- Referees are calling penalties, like holding and interference differently
- D is coming along but needs more time to hone schemes.

The only one you could think of was GW?

BTW, it's ironic that everyone's been bashing Snyder for not sticking with anyone and now that he's trying to a bunch of people want him to clean house and jump back on the coaching carousel. THe right answer is we have to s-t-o-p. We have a talented team and staff, let's give them a shot.

One other thing you might want to think of. We are interviewing GW's reaplacement. The candidate asks:

GW had two top 10 Ds and then one bad year and you fired him. Why on earth would I ever want to work for you?!?!?! Have you lost your mind?!?!?!?! Al Davis is more stable then you!!!!

And you WANT that? Please?

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 1510
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2004 11:31 pm

Postby SkinzCanes » Thu Dec 07, 2006 8:50 pm

- Injuries
- Insufficient time for new players to integrate into the team
- Our D talent level is lower
- Players have talent but don't have compatible capabilities
- It's key defenders that are having a bad year
- Referees are calling penalties, like holding and interference differently
- D is coming along but needs more time to hone schemes.


Injuries?? Everybody has injuries at this point in the season.

Talent level on D is lower because GW and the front office decided to toy with the defense and in the past 2 seasons have let more good players go than they have brought in.

Players not having compatible capabilities falls on GW. He is the DC and he has a lot to do with personnel decisions.

Who are you referring to when you say "key defenders"?

Blaming the referees?? Pathetic.

D needs to hone in on the schemes? Or maybe other teams have figured out how to beat the schemes? How many times this season have we gone into the half either leading or in close game, and then come out in the second half and gotten beaten bc the other team made adjustments and we didn't.
"Archuletta on the sidelines is a plus for Redskins fans" - Brian Mitchell

**********
User avatar
Posts: 16744
Joined: Sat Mar 27, 2004 1:45 pm
Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Thu Dec 07, 2006 9:52 pm

SkinzCanes wrote:Injuries?? Everybody has injuries at this point in the season.

Injuries hit the Defense hard this year Springs has missed about half the season, Rogers has missed time due to injury, Prielou hasn't played a down on D, Troy Vincent didn't get here until after the bye and has missed games. That's just the secondary but Marshall and Washington have played hurt. Williams had to start 2 rookies on the D line one game.

SkinzCanes wrote:Talent level on D is lower because GW and the front office decided to toy with the defense and in the past 2 seasons have let more good players go than they have brought in.

The defense only added two new starters so I don't know if that's the issue here

SkinzCanes wrote:Players not having compatible capabilities falls on GW. He is the DC and he has a lot to do with personnel decisions.


I think GW screwed up when he tried to tweak his staff, AA has proven to be a bad move but he's been on the bench, Taylor hasn't been Taylor and Rogers forgot how to catch.


SkinzCanes wrote:D needs to hone in on the schemes? Or maybe other teams have figured out how to beat the schemes? How many times this season have we gone into the half either leading or in close game, and then come out in the second half and gotten beaten bc the other team made adjustments and we didn't.

That too falls on The DC
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

#######
Posts: 7225
Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2005 9:13 pm
Location: Washington D.C.

Postby The Hogster » Fri Dec 08, 2006 12:58 am

Im seriuosly at a loss...it seems like we don't have the talent at certain positions...i.e. Marshall is better on the weakside....we need a couple of legit cover corners...Springs is getting older and he is injured a lot. But at the same time, you don't want to constantly overhaul the roster...we also have few draft picks....and don'thave a reliable GM...what the heck can we do to improve the D.

The O will improve with time and experience together. Even with our guys healthy, they are aging.
SPIT HAPPENS!!
___________________________

kazoo
Posts: 10280
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2004 3:00 pm
Location: Kazmania

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Fri Dec 08, 2006 9:40 am

SkinzCanes wrote:
- Injuries
- Insufficient time for new players to integrate into the team
- Our D talent level is lower
- Players have talent but don't have compatible capabilities
- It's key defenders that are having a bad year
- Referees are calling penalties, like holding and interference differently
- D is coming along but needs more time to hone schemes.


Injuries?? Everybody has injuries at this point in the season.

Talent level on D is lower because GW and the front office decided to toy with the defense and in the past 2 seasons have let more good players go than they have brought in.

Players not having compatible capabilities falls on GW. He is the DC and he has a lot to do with personnel decisions.

Who are you referring to when you say "key defenders"?

Blaming the referees?? Pathetic.

D needs to hone in on the schemes? Or maybe other teams have figured out how to beat the schemes? How many times this season have we gone into the half either leading or in close game, and then come out in the second half and gotten beaten bc the other team made adjustments and we didn't.


HELLO!!!!! KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK. HELLOOOO!!!!!!!

You forgot a key part of my point. Did you notice this little sentence.

"Keep in mind I'm not saying why the D sucks, I'm asking. Here are some possiblities off the top of my head. Note they are not mutually exclusive and you don't have to pick one."

I answered the question in your post, you were stumped as to how if the D is bad it could be anything but GW's fault. You had no idea. I said there are other possiblities.

HELLOOO!!!!!!!

Can you respond to what I said, not what I didn't please?

Also, you might take a shot at actually answering my question rather than responding to a point I didn't make.

Hog
Posts: 474
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2004 10:21 am
Location: Dayton MD

Postby redskins12287 » Fri Dec 08, 2006 11:09 am

KazooSkinsFan wrote:
SkinzCanes wrote:
- Injuries
- Insufficient time for new players to integrate into the team
- Our D talent level is lower
- Players have talent but don't have compatible capabilities
- It's key defenders that are having a bad year
- Referees are calling penalties, like holding and interference differently
- D is coming along but needs more time to hone schemes.


Injuries?? Everybody has injuries at this point in the season.

Talent level on D is lower because GW and the front office decided to toy with the defense and in the past 2 seasons have let more good players go than they have brought in.

Players not having compatible capabilities falls on GW. He is the DC and he has a lot to do with personnel decisions.

Who are you referring to when you say "key defenders"?

Blaming the referees?? Pathetic.

D needs to hone in on the schemes? Or maybe other teams have figured out how to beat the schemes? How many times this season have we gone into the half either leading or in close game, and then come out in the second half and gotten beaten bc the other team made adjustments and we didn't.


HELLO!!!!! KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK. HELLOOOO!!!!!!!

You forgot a key part of my point. Did you notice this little sentence.

"Keep in mind I'm not saying why the D sucks, I'm asking. Here are some possiblities off the top of my head. Note they are not mutually exclusive and you don't have to pick one."

I answered the question in your post, you were stumped as to how if the D is bad it could be anything but GW's fault. You had no idea. I said there are other possiblities.

HELLOOO!!!!!!!

Can you respond to what I said, not what I didn't please?

Also, you might take a shot at actually answering my question rather than responding to a point I didn't make.


What are you talking about?

How about instead of you're "little sentence" that I guess voids you from taking a postion on the subject, you come up with something definitve before demanding it from everyone else.

I can't understand why you get pissed every time someone responds to the actaully content in your posts. Aside from smack, that I think, is the entire point of these message boards.

You stumped no one. My self and others have given reasons as to why we think the D's poor performance this year comes back to GW and is therfore his fault. You for somereason can't seem to see our point, and instead of understanding where we are coming from, and then try to offer soemthing else for us to consider, you prefer to tell people to wake up and then make vague statements.
Gotta respect the 'Skins

Return to Washington Redskins Game Day - 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006