iggles post game thread

Washington Redskins' Game Day discussions for 2003, 2004, and 2005
Hog

iggles post game thread

Postby TincoSkin » Sun Dec 10, 2006 4:20 pm

early mistakes by JC led to a eagles lead. halftime livened the troops for the best 3rd quarter this season only to see a lack of production in the red zone end our chances of a come back victory. in the end our D showed their perpetual weakness in the final drive. allowing the eagles to kill the clock.
GIBBS FOR LIFE

Hey hey hey, go Greenway!

kazoo

Re: iggles post game thread

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Sun Dec 10, 2006 4:27 pm

TincoSkin wrote:early mistakes by JC led to a eagles lead. halftime livened the troops for the best 3rd quarter this season only to see a lack of production in the red zone end our chances of a come back victory. in the end our D showed their perpetual weakness in the final drive. allowing the eagles to kill the clock.

True.

On the other hand, our D was overall OK, considering the 14 points off turnovers. At least they gave us a chance this week.

And Campbell and the O hung in there and didn't get down. They kept driving and came close. We got a lot of yards and for a change at least came away with field goals instead of nothing when we didn't get a TD.

Since this year is ending at the end of the regular season, I think we're seeing some investment in the future and at least some hope. Campbell's got an arm and a brain. Just little experience.

Is the glass half empty or half full?

Hog

Postby ATV » Sun Dec 10, 2006 4:28 pm

Yea, what more can you say. Could have won, maybe should have won. Another tough loss.

It's not like the Redskins were going to the playoffs - At least this way they'll have higher draft choices.

swine

Postby fan4life28 » Sun Dec 10, 2006 4:31 pm

most definitely should have won, we killed 'em in every single category. but you can't win when you turn the ball over, which.... we did :( :(
Dump SI

Hog

Postby 1fan4ramsey » Sun Dec 10, 2006 4:31 pm

ATV wrote:Yea, what more can you say. Could have won, maybe should have won. Another tough loss.

It's not like the Redskins were going to the playoffs - At least this way they'll have higher draft choices.

Hate to break the news to you but we traded our draft picks in the off-season.
don't even

Hog

Postby 1fan4ramsey » Sun Dec 10, 2006 4:33 pm

Our play calling stank, Saunders should be gone.
don't even

~~~~

Postby ANT7088 » Sun Dec 10, 2006 4:35 pm

1fan4ramsey wrote:Our play calling stank, Saunders should be gone.

Yea just what we need, another Offensive Coordinator! Image
AnTsSkInZ

Hog

Postby BearSkins » Sun Dec 10, 2006 4:38 pm

What about kicking? Do the Skins finally have one in Suisham? Looking at the stats it seems Betts played well again - is he now proving to be a valuable back-up and is the O-line in gear. How does JC look? Will he be ready next year for a full season?
It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom – for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.

Hog

Postby TincoSkin » Sun Dec 10, 2006 4:39 pm

changing the offense again wil only hurt more... we need to see him though for a year or two

then we can change.. unless we have two rings to show for it. :)
GIBBS FOR LIFE

Hey hey hey, go Greenway!

Hog

Postby ATV » Sun Dec 10, 2006 4:49 pm

Hate to break the news to you but we traded our draft picks in the off-season.

Not most of them.

Hog

Postby die cowboys die » Sun Dec 10, 2006 4:49 pm

we outplayed them by such a wide margin it's unthinkable we lost the game. of course, the overall trend of vastly outplaying was overshadowed by our typical and inexplicable spat of mistakes. campbell can be excused for his today- he played a hell of a game for his 4th ever as a pro. betts was fabulous again.

carlos rogers is an abomination.

the INT returned for TD was bullspit. one wonders when the petty, vindictive, jouvenile Football Gods will get sick of doling out these ludicrously unrealistic disaster plays against us, particularly against the eagles (see: the TD off a ball bobbled into the air last time we played them).

i've been giving saunders the benefit of the doubt all season. as far as i've been concerned, his reputation has made him above reproach. but i am pretty pissed today. there were WAY too many damn times we passed instead of just slamming it on the ground. 3rd and shorts. when we were on the 3 yard line needing a TD to win (yes we needed a TD to win. you don't count on THIS defense to get the ball back with the game on the line), POUND THE BALL UP THE MIDDLE FOUR TIMES IN A ROW. WHAT THE HELL WERE WE DOING PASSING. i know we've been moaning for TJ in short yardage situations but that was before betts had been running so fantastically for 2 games in a row. and he didn't even get a shot at the TD??????????????????????????????????????????????????????

AND WHAT THE CRAP IS WITH ALL THESE FALSE START AND ILLEGAL MOTION/FORMATION PENALTIES AT HOME????? it's preposterously inexcusable, and absolutely sabotaged us several times in the game!!!!!!!!!!!!!! especially there at the end.

furthermore, i know we ALMOST came back and won, BUT WHAT IS WITH GIBBS BEING SUCH A SWEATY VAGINA and sending the FG unit on all the time? even on 4th and 1 when down 21-3???? HE NEEDS TO GROW A SET OF TESTICLES.

[/disgusted rant]

Hog

Postby JCaptMorgan12 » Sun Dec 10, 2006 5:15 pm

yeah, at this point in the season, even the last two weeks, you need to throw the word "conservative" out of the offense, b/c there shouldn't be any. The main reason we were able to win out last year and make the playoffs was b/c of the D, this year you can't rely on them to win the game, so we have needed to take more chances and stop being conservative, and that they haven't done at all these last three weeks. Again, I think Campbell showed some strengths, especially that TD pass to ARE, that pass was perfect. I also liked the trick play with ARE, not sure why it is week 14 and we have seen that once or twice though.
My children, gather round! No retreat, no surrender; that is Spartan law. And by Spartan law we will stand and fight... and die. A new age has begun. An age of freedom, and all will know, that 300 Spartans gave their last breaths to defend it!

Hog

Postby Skins2daGrave » Sun Dec 10, 2006 6:00 pm

wow, i was watching the post game show on ComcastSportsNet and they were talking about Portis saying he could leave the game. We better hope he doesnt pull a Barry Sanders on us
16 Ounce Bottle Of Coke: $2
3 Bags Of Chips: $8
40" Plasma Screen TV: $2000
Watching the Cowgirls get beaten in Dallas with 2 4th Quarter TD passes to Santana Moss: Priceless

Hog

Postby John Manfreda » Sun Dec 10, 2006 6:04 pm

Skins2daGrave wrote:wow, i was watching the post game show on ComcastSportsNet and they were talking about Portis saying he could leave the game. We better hope he doesnt pull a Barry Sanders on us

AT his age yeah right, fine leave we had a 171 yds rushing without him.

kazoo

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Sun Dec 10, 2006 6:21 pm

1fan4ramsey wrote:Our play calling stank, Saunders should be gone.

What do you think you could do to be a better fan? Maybe we should try looking at home before pointing fingers. It's not like we started having problems when Saunders came. It's also not like we've given him in the ONE YEAR he's been here much to work with.

Return to Washington Redskins Game Day - 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006