The Purple Lot

Washington Redskins' Game Day discussions for 2003, 2004, and 2005
^^^^^^^

Postby frankcal20 » Wed Dec 06, 2006 2:24 pm

Hey so it looks like I'm coming. I've decided, what the hell. I won some money gambling so why not blow it on something I love (other than my wife) anyways, so should I meet up with you guys in the A75 green lot? Also, I am still trying to get tix's and may have an extra. It'll be around $125.00 in the 100 sections. If anyone wants to possibly take it let me know.

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Wed Dec 06, 2006 3:35 pm

frankcal20 wrote:Hey so it looks like I'm coming. I've decided, what the hell. I won some money gambling so why not blow it on something I love (other than my wife) anyways, so should I meet up with you guys in the A75 green lot? Also, I am still trying to get tix's and may have an extra. It'll be around $125.00 in the 100 sections. If anyone wants to possibly take it let me know.

If you like free food, the Hogettes, and THN company in general. . .I'd advise stopping at the tailgate. All are welcome. . .

^^^^^^^

Postby frankcal20 » Wed Dec 06, 2006 3:54 pm

I just put in a bid for tix's in section 105 with Green lot parking passes. Yeah, I'll be there. And I'll throw some money down. The last think I am is cheap (even thought I love a good deal.)

cleg

Postby cleg » Wed Dec 06, 2006 5:35 pm

So, I bought tickets for ths game a month or so ago for a lot more than they would be now - it's ok though. I bought a parking pass for freaking 100 bucks for the Orange lot. Anything cool happen there? We are going to tailgate but would be cool to check some others out too.
Drinking the Kool-Aid again...

^^^^^^^

Postby frankcal20 » Wed Dec 06, 2006 5:43 pm

I'm just getting really excited to come. Not to mention I had to go get a few new outfits b/c I don't have the clothes to withstand the cold there.

~~

Postby REDEEMEDSKIN » Wed Dec 06, 2006 5:49 pm

frankcal20 wrote:I'm just getting really excited to come. Not to mention I had to go get a few new outfits b/c I don't have the clothes to withstand the cold there.
Remember to wear closed-toe shoes to match. And no heels. :lol:
Back and better than ever!

^^^^^^^

Postby frankcal20 » Wed Dec 06, 2006 5:51 pm

oh yeah. I was wondering if my pumps would look ok with my retro Randel El Jersey. So who all goes to the Green Lot Tailgate and what time should we be there.

||||

Postby Redskins Rule » Thu Dec 07, 2006 9:40 am

Justice Hog wrote:
REDEEMEDSKIN wrote:Out of curiosity, is it easier for purple-lotters to get in and out of the stadium from their spaces? If so, why would they beat the rush?

It's pretty easy to get in. Getting out is a hellofa lot tougher than when I was in the Red lot.

How is it tougher? Aren't you allowed to go to the 5th quarter party afterwards and hang out until the traffic clears?
Redskins Rule!!!

DUMP SI!!!

cleg

Postby cleg » Thu Dec 07, 2006 1:10 pm

I bought a pass to the Orange lot and it says "This parking pass if valid for one vehicle only. Not tailgate space." Does that mean we cannot tailgate because otherwise I spent way too much money on the parking pass.

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Thu Dec 07, 2006 1:24 pm

cleg wrote:I bought a pass to the Orange lot and it says "This parking pass if valid for one vehicle only. Not tailgate space." Does that mean we cannot tailgate because otherwise I spent way too much money on the parking pass.

I would take that to mean that you can't take up another parking spot with your tailgating "equipment."
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Thu Dec 07, 2006 1:25 pm

frankcal20 wrote:oh yeah. I was wondering if my pumps would look ok with my retro Randel El Jersey. So who all goes to the Green Lot Tailgate and what time should we be there.

love those shoes :shock:

I normally like to get there after 10 but definetly not later than 11 for a 1pm game. You should park as close to the stadium as you can (next to the fence for the handicap lot!) and not too far from the road. If you leave at the end of the game and move quickly (you do not need to run) you can generally get out of there fairly quickly.
It's taken years for the Redskins to become as bad as we are - there is no way that the team is going to be consistently competitive in 2016
we'll win some games but it will take years to be good again

cleg

Postby cleg » Thu Dec 07, 2006 1:27 pm

JSPB22 wrote:
cleg wrote:I bought a pass to the Orange lot and it says "This parking pass if valid for one vehicle only. Not tailgate space." Does that mean we cannot tailgate because otherwise I spent way too much money on the parking pass.

I would take that to mean that you can't take up another parking spot with your tailgating "equipment."

Thanks,

Pursuer of Justice

Postby Justice Hog » Thu Dec 07, 2006 3:13 pm

cleg wrote:
JSPB22 wrote:

Thanks,

That's correct. You can't take up two parking spaces; however, if there are spaces that are not marked, feel free to spread out in those areas.
Fran Farren
"Justice Hog"

Newark, DE

6th person to join the "new THN message boards"

Section 341, Row 8, Seats #15 & #16

"Justice that love gives is a surrender, justice that law gives is a punishment."
-Mohandas Gandhi

Pursuer of Justice

Postby Justice Hog » Sun Dec 10, 2006 5:50 pm

Okay, I take everything I ever said about the purple lot tailgaters back. Everything! Why? Because today I switched locations and tailgated right next to Arena Drive in this lot:

There was tons of foot traffic (much more exciting) and, even better, there were a lot of people tailgating around me...two of them with bull horns blasting Eagles fans! I ask you, this was like night and day from my previous location! It was wonderful!

Now, I have decided to tailgate in this spot for the rest of my tenure as a purple lot holding redskins fan.

Oh, for this game, I also hung my banner up which got rave reviews:

So, from here on out, if any of you want to drop by my tailgate....ever....just walk down Arena Drive towards the stadium. When you get to the purple lots, look left for the above listed section. You'll see my truck (as gawdy as it is) and my tailgating set up.

Oh! And getting out of the stadium from this new location was an absolute breeze. I just pull out on Arena Drive and go! Awesome!
Fran Farren
"Justice Hog"

Newark, DE

"Justice that love gives is a surrender, justice that law gives is a punishment."
-Mohandas Gandhi

Pursuer of Justice

Postby Justice Hog » Sun Dec 10, 2006 5:55 pm

Redskins Rule wrote:How is it tougher? Aren't you allowed to go to the 5th quarter party afterwards and hang out until the traffic clears?

Yes...but unfortunately I really haven't been in the mood to "party" after a lot of the Redskins games, ya know?
Fran Farren
"Justice Hog"

Newark, DE

-Mohandas Gandhi

Return to Washington Redskins Game Day - 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006