Redskins v Iggles gameday thread

Washington Redskins' Game Day discussions for 2003, 2004, and 2005
piggie

Postby jru37726 » Sun Dec 10, 2006 5:22 pm

They have executed just not when it seems most important.....when you are the biggest disappointment in the NFL, who do you blame?

SCskinsFan

Postby SCSkinsFan » Sun Dec 10, 2006 5:29 pm

jru37726 wrote:They have executed just not when it seems most important.....when you are the biggest disappointment in the NFL, who do you blame?

Good question. Seems to me like it changes from one game to the next. Maybe when they can put and end to the mistakes, and put it all together, then maybe we will see a return to winning games the way we all would like to see.
Skins fan Stuck in Panther land

G4L

Postby Gibbs4Life » Sun Dec 10, 2006 6:02 pm

The weakness on this team is the linebacker core. Holdman and Marshall are constantly being abused.

Didn't we move up in the draft to get a LB last year?
HAIL

####

Postby JPM36 » Sun Dec 10, 2006 6:13 pm

Tough loss today.

We absolutely outplayed the Eagles, at home, and we still lost.

I'm ready for this season to end...
R.I.P. Christopher Wallace (May 21, 1972 - March 9, 1997)

R.I.P. Sean Taylor (April 1, 1983 - November 27, 2007)

Hog

Postby SkinzCanes » Sun Dec 10, 2006 7:04 pm

The weakness on this team is the linebacker core. Holdman and Marshall are constantly being abused.

I agree 100%. Holdman is an absolute disgrace. I've never seen a linebacker be as horrible as he is on a weekly basis. Marshall has played poorly this season but I think that has more to do with him being out of position. He should be playing on the outside, not at mlb. Even Washington hasn't played that well this seson.
"Archuletta on the sidelines is a plus for Redskins fans" - Brian Mitchell

G4L

Postby Gibbs4Life » Sun Dec 10, 2006 8:08 pm

Minus the penalties and turnovers Offensively I do see us setting a pretty good tone for next year with betts consecutive 150+ rushing. Defense needs an overhaul.
HAIL

Skins History Buff

Postby welch » Sun Dec 10, 2006 9:38 pm

Someone said
Gibbs is so annoying sometimes. Every question he is asked he somehow starts talking about the fans. It's like STFU already and do something constructive on the field man. You're here to coach not get into our pants.

1. Gibbs is supposed to give a bland press conference. What he says publicly is different than what he says to the team, and that is different from what he says privately to each player.

2. Gibbs works his team hard. That's on the field. If fans don't like the play-calling, then maybe they should consider what happens after Gibbs retires in a couple of years. Someone has to take over. If not Saunders, then who?

3. While I'm on the subject, how many THN members demanded than we get a "modern" offensive coordinator? Ditch Gibbs and his old-fashioned "grind-them-down" offense. I would take Gibbs forever, if we could have him.

4. Finally, it is clear that we have had many, many people who insisted that the Redskins would win if they just benched Brunelle and played Ramsey. Now it's the same with Campbell. Ramsey has proven himself with the Jets: bench-sitter. I hope that Campbell is not the next Ramsey.

5. Would Brunell have helped to win? Probably. Cambell is not a finished product. Too many interceptions. However, he has to play sometime, and this part of the season seems as good as any.

~~~

Postby Champsturf » Sun Dec 10, 2006 10:01 pm

welch wrote:4. Finally, it is clear that we have had many, many people who insisted that the Redskins would win if they just benched Brunelle and played Ramsey. Now it's the same with Campbell. Ramsey has proven himself with the Jets: bench-sitter. I hope that Campbell is not the next Ramsey.

5. Would Brunell have helped to win? Probably. Cambell is not a finished product. Too many interceptions. However, he has to play sometime, and this part of the season seems as good as any.

The Skins had a defense that was playing well when we had a chance to use Ramsey and his arm. Now the defense is terrible. HUGE difference.

No way would've Brunell helped win. He may not have made those picks, but then again, he probably wouldn't have made any of Campbells scrambles or bombs either. Brunell played not to lose, which is not the way to play when you are already losing. My 2 cents

Hog

Postby mastdark81 » Sun Dec 10, 2006 10:44 pm

RedskinsFreak wrote:
RayNAustin wrote:This is another example of poor play calling. First and goal from the 3, and wind up on the 17?? With the game on the line, with a go ahead touchdown at their finger tips?

And Betts -- who's run for 326 YARDS in two games -- doesn't touch the ball.

Hell, he's not even ON THE FIELD.

Hey now weren't we calling for T.Duckett on goalline situations all year?

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Sun Dec 10, 2006 11:29 pm

mastdark81 wrote:
RedskinsFreak wrote:
RayNAustin wrote:This is another example of poor play calling. First and goal from the 3, and wind up on the 17?? With the game on the line, with a go ahead touchdown at their finger tips?

And Betts -- who's run for 326 YARDS in two games -- doesn't touch the ball.

Hell, he's not even ON THE FIELD.

Hey now weren't we calling for T.Duckett on goalline situations all year?

:)

What can you say. . .Gibbs is damned if he does, damned if he doesn't.

ch1

Postby crazyhorse1 » Mon Dec 11, 2006 1:31 am

RayNAustin wrote:If I tried....I don't think I could list all of the inexcusable, unexplainable calls on both sides this year. With the game on the line....1st and goal from the 3, you just have to give it to Betts 4 times, punch it in for the win. But NO NO NO, we have to get cute.

Like I said......the unemployment line is where this coaching staff should be in January....every last one of them ALL 22

And here we go again with Gibbs and how proud he is of this 4-9 joke of a team.

WHAT IS THIS???? THE FREAKING TWILITE ZONE?

No way on earth Betts wouldn't have punched it in in four. We'd been shredding those guys all day and suddenly Gibbs and or Saunders don't think we can run for three in four! All year, actually the last two-three years, there has been a certain craziness from the coaches and from the
organization as a whole.
Somebody explain it to me. Don't bother putting the knock on the players;
even the most destructive ones, Brunell, for instance, didn't put themselves in the games.

Skins History Buff

Postby welch » Mon Dec 11, 2006 7:50 am

At the threee yard line, Sanders/Gibbs puts in Heay Jumbo. A goal-line offense, because the defense is packed inside of the ten-yard-deep end-zone.

That is just common sense.

Betts grinds out yards up and down the field when the defense has to cover the entire field. Does that mean he will smash it over from the three? No.

If Saunders/Gibbs had not put in either Jumbo or Heavy Jumbo, and handed the ball to Duckett, how many THN posters would scream that Gibbs had gone senile, Gibbs had gone to sleep, the obvious play was Duckett.

Thus it goes, forever.

My thought?

Good call in good package.

Oh, and I remember that Gibbs has called

Return to Washington Redskins Game Day - 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006