Something That Irked Me Today

Washington Redskins' Game Day discussions for 2003, 2004, and 2005
Pursuer of Justice

Postby Justice Hog » Tue Dec 12, 2006 9:11 am

BossHog wrote:How is a smile without the context of EXACTLY what it was about worth anything?

I understand that context is all important; however, I was just commenting on what I saw and how it made me feel.

It's called an "opinion". I thought this was the place to voice those.
Fran Farren
"Justice Hog"

Newark, DE

6th person to join the "new THN message boards"

Section 341, Row 8, Seats #15 & #16

"Justice that love gives is a surrender, justice that law gives is a punishment."
-Mohandas Gandhi

mursilis

Postby Mursilis » Tue Dec 12, 2006 9:29 am

I understand JH's sentiment. I remember reading in the paper a few losses back that after the game (forget which) the mood in the locker room was "jovial", with the players in a good mood, singing and carrying on. As a fan, I'm certainly never "jovial" after a loss.

kazoo

Re: Something That Irked Me Today

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Tue Dec 12, 2006 10:11 am

die cowboys die wrote:
KazooSkinsFan wrote:
Justice Hog wrote:So, there I am sitting in my seats. It's half-time and the Skins are getting beat 21-6. I am watching the Skins players walk off the field and to my surprise, many of them are SMILING!

SMILING!!

They are getting beaten 21-6 and these guys have a smile on their face! WTF!?!?!?!?!? Shouldn't they be upset? Pissed? Frustrated?

Smiling?

This, I think, is the problem of this team ladies and gentlemen.

What a petty post. Do you follow them around town examining their facial expressions too? How bout their wardrobes, should they only be allowed to wear black and hang their heads with a sufficient dour and empty gaze?

Can they have relations with their significant others, or do they need to play at 500 do do that?

Can you post a list of behaviors allowed and not allowed and the appropriate record that goes with it? I'm sure they don't want to risk the attitude police lurking in the shadows in a weak moment when for some strange reason they do not want to cry becuase they play for a 4-9 team.

Why don't we focus on the games and how they play, not if their personal demeanor meets appropriate levels of humility for their record?

um, yeah kazoo, god forbid we actually expect the athletes we're paying millions of dollars to care if they're winning or losing. :roll:

That's not what I said. Next!!!!

kazoo

Re: Something That Irked Me Today

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Tue Dec 12, 2006 10:14 am

Justice Hog wrote:
KazooSkinsFan wrote:What a petty post.......

You're kidding, right? You're okay with our players laughing it up while getting their collective butts handed to them? You're okay with them apparently not caring? I say "apparently" because that's what "smiling" portrays to me - a sign that they just don't care.

You can't understand that?

Now I'm wondering which of our posts is petty?
OK, it wasn't an aberation. One petty post follows the other.

BossHog already addressed my response to this, so I won't repeat it. I can't do better than he did.

Thanks Boss!!!!

kazoo

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Tue Dec 12, 2006 10:15 am

Justice Hog wrote:
BossHog wrote:How is a smile without the context of EXACTLY what it was about worth anything?

I understand that context is all important; however, I was just commenting on what I saw and how it made me feel.

It's called an "opinion". I thought this was the place to voice those.

Totally true!!!! Just don't forget that others can express their opions too, including of the ones you post.

Pursuer of Justice

Postby Justice Hog » Tue Dec 12, 2006 10:33 am

KazooSkinsFan wrote:Totally true!!!! Just don't forget that others can express their opions too, including of the ones you post.

I agree. I was trying to defend my post a bit. I know the problems with taking things out of context. I just didn't like seeing the smiles and all so I just voiced that opinion. To me, it just "appeared" like the players didn't really care. Sure. I could be completely wrong about that (and I hope I was).

It's just what me (and the rest of the fans in my section) are seeing.
Fran Farren
"Justice Hog"

Newark, DE

"Justice that love gives is a surrender, justice that law gives is a punishment."
-Mohandas Gandhi

kazoo

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Tue Dec 12, 2006 11:38 am

Justice Hog wrote:
KazooSkinsFan wrote:Totally true!!!! Just don't forget that others can express their opions too, including of the ones you post.

I agree. I was trying to defend my post a bit. I know the problems with taking things out of context. I just didn't like seeing the smiles and all so I just voiced that opinion. To me, it just "appeared" like the players didn't really care. Sure. I could be completely wrong about that (and I hope I was).

It's just what me (and the rest of the fans in my section) are seeing.

I was with you until "and the rest of the fans in my section." While you may have heard agreement by some, you obviously can't speak for all the fans in your section. Nor should you try, they can speak for themselves

Pursuer of Justice

Postby Justice Hog » Tue Dec 12, 2006 11:44 am

KazooSkinsFan wrote:They can speak for themselves

No they can't! They're not THN members! :D Also, I can certainly comment about what all of us are "seeing". I just can't comment on how all of us are interpreting what we are seeing! Capiche?
Fran Farren
"Justice Hog"

Newark, DE

-Mohandas Gandhi

kazoo

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Tue Dec 12, 2006 11:49 am

Justice Hog wrote:
KazooSkinsFan wrote:They can speak for themselves

No they can't! They're not THN members! :D Also, I can certainly comment about what all of us are "seeing". I just can't comment on how all of us are interpreting what we are seeing! Capiche?

Yes, I got it. Your posts are not confident and require the validation of others. And since others can't be trusted to say the right thing the post asserts it for them. And I'm not continuing the silly debate. You can speak for yourself. Period.

Return to Washington Redskins Game Day - 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006