Washington @ N.O. info....

Washington Redskins' Game Day discussions for 2003, 2004, and 2005
Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Washington @ N.O. info....

Postby 1niksder » Fri Dec 15, 2006 7:05 pm

Announcers: Kenny Albert, Brian Baldinger and Chris Myers (get used to these guys)

Game Time: 1pm on Fox. This is the main 1pm game on Fox

Last match-up: Nov 30, 2003: Saints 24 Redskins 20 - Aaron rooks runs for 2 TDs and throws for another TD to lead the Saints to victory.

Last match-up in New Orleans: Dec 30, 2001: Redskins 40 Saints 10. The Redskins score 40 unanswered points to overcome a 10 point deficit. The defense forces 4 turnovers and Stephen Davis rushes for 110 yards in the win.
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

-----------

Re: Washington @ N.O. info....

Postby Smithian » Fri Dec 15, 2006 7:08 pm

1niksder wrote:The defense forces 4 turnovers
:?:

Do they mean Saints defense?
"I said when he retired that Joe Gibbs was the best coach I'd ever faced." - Bill Parcells

||||

Postby Redskins Rule » Fri Dec 15, 2006 7:14 pm

No they mean our defense
Redskins Rule!!!

DUMP SI!!!

~~~~~~~~

Postby ii7-V7 » Fri Dec 15, 2006 7:36 pm

Its so ridiculous that 15 miles from DC you can't watch the skins, but people in Dallas can! :evil:

-------

Re: Washington @ N.O. info....

Postby RedskinsFreak » Fri Dec 15, 2006 7:38 pm

1niksder wrote:Announcers: Kenny Albert, Brian Baldinger and Chris Myers (get used to these guys)

Hey, these guys are a step up from the few weeks before the Philly game. You know you're dreck when you announce crew includes Sam Rosen and/or Bill Maas.

Fortunately, since Fox only has five games this weekend, the entire country is spared from both parts of that dastardly duo.
***** Hail To The Redskins!!! *****

BA + MS = A New Beginning

-------

Postby RedskinsFreak » Fri Dec 15, 2006 7:40 pm

chaddukes wrote:Its so ridiculous that 15 miles from DC you can't watch the skins, but people in Dallas can! :evil:

Ravens are at home with a 1:00 game on Ch. 13 (CBS). By NFL rules, Ch. 45 (Fox) cannot show any NFL game.
***** Hail To The Redskins!!! *****

BA + MS = A New Beginning

~~~~~~~~

Postby ii7-V7 » Fri Dec 15, 2006 11:40 pm

RedskinsFreak wrote:
chaddukes wrote:Its so ridiculous that 15 miles from DC you can't watch the skins, but people in Dallas can! :evil:

Ravens are at home with a 1:00 game on Ch. 13 (CBS). By NFL rules, Ch. 45 (Fox) cannot show any NFL game.

That doesn't make it any less ridiculous!

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Sat Dec 16, 2006 12:29 am

Who you tellin?
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

Hog

Postby die cowboys die » Sat Dec 16, 2006 2:16 am

chaddukes wrote:
RedskinsFreak wrote:

That doesn't make it any less ridiculous!

AMEN. i live near the upper left corner of The White Blob of Eternal Misery that emanates out of baltimore.
;furious;

people, i ask you to consider how utterly, outrageously ludicrous this situation is: i live in the same tiny state as the stadium, no further away from it than most Northern Virginians. yet the last game that was on TV here was the FIRST philly game! and they didn't show the dallas game the previous week. we get no game this week, no game next week, and probably no game the final week because of the NFL Network thing.

all this adds up to EIGHT OF THE FINAL NINE GAMES of the season NOT BEING SHOWN HERE.

if we moved 15-20 miles south, west, or north, we would get almost every game. but we are hopelessly enveloped by The Shroud of Unending Boredom (the ravens), the White Blob of Eternal Misery.

my wife and i have only survived because her parents' house is nearby and they get DC's broadcast channels very clearly on their roof antenna, so we go there to watch (on their 19" TV... nevermind the fact that we are scraping by because we bought a nice big HDTV at the beginning of the season for the sole purpose of watching redskins football in style!!!! but it sits at home, unused as we crowd around the tiny box at her parents' house... :roll:)

yes, that's right, we live close enough that DC's stations are very clear on a roof antenna but we don't get the games on our "local" cable channels. this is because it includes the following:

BALTIMORE's NBC
BALTIMORE's ABC
BALTIMORE's CBS
BALTIMORE's FOX
DC's NBC
DC's ABC
DC's CBS
...and DC's FOX, right? NO. for either absolutely no reason whatsoever, or some impossibly asinine "reason", that is the ONE we don't get- the only one i need! none of it makes any sense... it's all madness...

so i implore you lucky faithful in the DC/NoVA area,
when you hear about what they are proposing, to make all of baltimore/DC/NoVA/etc be ONE large market that gets both the ravens AND redskins, please think of your TORTURED brethren in maryland. i know getting stuck with the ravens every week would SUCK. TRUST ME, I KNOW. i am stuck with them every week!!! i know there are many cooler games you might miss out on.

but just keep in mind-
while that way you might miss a cool game with some other teams,
the way it stands, there are thousands and thousands of loyal redskins fans that are missing the only game that really matters:

the redskins game.
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Sun Dec 17, 2006 12:03 pm

I feel the frustration dcd :cry:

:idea: NFL ticket :idea:
RG3 is now learning how to play QB in the NFL - Mike & Kyle did not help with the transition

Jay & Sean are going to make it happen ... "He has the ability and the desire, he just has to do it.”

Hog

Postby die cowboys die » Tue Dec 19, 2006 1:30 am

SkinsJock wrote:I feel the frustration dcd :cry:

i wish i could get Sunday Ticket. but aside from the fact that it is not within the budget for many NFL fans (myself included), the fact is that DirecTV is not even accessible for millions and millions of americans. most people in apartments are forbidden from mounting any kind of dish. that's already an outrageously large portion of the country that can't get it. then of course, you have to be able to get the satellite reception, and millions upon millions of fans have too many trees or other buildings around to get a decent signal.

i am in both of those categories as well.

what the NFL really needs is simply a Pay-Per-View "a la carte" service, where you can pay 5 bucks per game or something and select the game you want.

Hog

Postby die cowboys die » Tue Dec 19, 2006 1:31 am

SkinsJock wrote:I feel the frustration dcd :cry:

i wish i could get Sunday Ticket, it's a good idea. but aside from the fact that it is not within the budget for many NFL fans (myself included), the fact is that DirecTV is not even accessible for millions and millions of americans. most people in apartments are forbidden from mounting any kind of dish. that's already an outrageously large portion of the country that can't get it. then of course, you have to be able to get the satellite reception, and millions upon millions of fans have too many trees or other buildings around to get a decent signal.

i am in both of those categories as well.

what the NFL really needs is simply a Pay-Per-View "a la carte" service, where you can pay 5 bucks per game or something and select the game you want. i shouldn't have to pay over 200$ for a whole package full of games i don't give a crap about if i just want to be able to see the redskins.

(and of course none of that should even matter, with how close i live to the redskins!)

Mmmm...donuts
Location: How much text will they let me fit in this 'Location' space? I mean, can I just keep writing and wr

Postby joebagadonuts » Tue Dec 19, 2006 7:58 am

die cowboys die wrote:what the NFL really needs is simply a Pay-Per-View "a la carte" service, where you can pay 5 bucks per game or something and select the game you want.

This would be sweet. I get about half the games on my local channel anyway, so in those weeks, I'm wasting my money on Sunday Ticket (although I do enjoy sneaking peeks at the other games during commercial breaks).

die cowboys die wrote:millions upon millions of fans have too many trees or other buildings around to get a decent signal

Darn those pesky trees! :D
I'm a jack of all trades, the master of three
Rockin' the tables, rockin' the mikes, rockin' the young lay-dees.

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Tue Dec 19, 2006 11:09 am

I think that the NFL (and maybe other sports) is not far away from a pay per view because of all the reasons you point out.

BTW I have a bad issue with trees :cry:
RG3 is now learning how to play QB in the NFL - Mike & Kyle did not help with the transition

Jay & Sean are going to make it happen ... "He has the ability and the desire, he just has to do it.”

Return to Washington Redskins Game Day - 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006