Congrats Skins fan

Washington Redskins' Game Day discussions for 2003, 2004, and 2005

Congrats Skins fan

Postby Saintsfan25 » Sun Dec 17, 2006 4:10 pm

Good win. Your guys caught us with our pants down after a big week. I'm thinking we started to believe our own press clippings a little too much. Hopefully this will piss us off good and well for the playoffs.

I think when we play our A game there's no one in the NFC that can hang with us, but obviously this wasn't our A game.

You guys should have a good one-two punch in Betts and Portis next year. Good luck to ya.

~~~

Re: Congrats Skins fan

Postby Champsturf » Sun Dec 17, 2006 4:16 pm

Saintsfan25 wrote:Good win. Your guys caught us with our pants down after a big week. I'm thinking we started to believe our own press clippings a little too much. Hopefully this will piss us off good and well for the playoffs.

I think when we play our A game there's no one in the NFC that can hang with us, but obviously this wasn't our A game.

You guys should have a good one-two punch in Betts and Portis next year. Good luck to ya.

Thanks. I think we could hang with anyone in the NFC, if we ever find our "A" game :lol: Thanks for being classy in defeat.

Hog

Postby xhadow » Sun Dec 17, 2006 4:21 pm

The Saints didn't look good at all today, they couldn't get in a rythm. I beleive that was much more the reason why the game played out the way it did. JC looked good but we need to finish drives, I think once we start doing that we will be a much better team.
Well what more would you expect out of the "Worst Team" in the "Best Division"

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Sun Dec 17, 2006 4:24 pm

The Saints were definately flat coming out but our defense kept them from getting into a rhythm. Our defense could have very easily played poorly, let the Saints get into a groove and they'd have 400+ yards. Plus they shutdown Bush, that in itself is great.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

####

Postby JPM36 » Sun Dec 17, 2006 4:28 pm

Saints overlooked the Redskins.

Can you blame them?

I'll be a New Orleans fan during the NFC playoffs.

Good luck to you.
R.I.P. Christopher Wallace (May 21, 1972 - March 9, 1997)

R.I.P. Sean Taylor (April 1, 1983 - November 27, 2007)

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Sun Dec 17, 2006 4:29 pm

JPM36 wrote:Saints overlooked the Redskins.

Can you blame them?

I'll be a New Orleans fan during the NFC playoffs.

Good luck to you.

I will root for them also. I hate Dallas.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

...unadulterated

Postby Hoss » Sun Dec 17, 2006 4:32 pm

Agreed. They will be my team for the NFC title. I have a lot of respect for the Saints.
People may not remember exactly what you did
or what you said....

~BUT~
they will ALWAYS remember how you made them feel.

Fire in the Sky

Re: Congrats Skins fan

Postby SkinsFreak » Sun Dec 17, 2006 4:34 pm

Saintsfan25 wrote:Good win. Your guys caught us with our pants down after a big week. I'm thinking we started to believe our own press clippings a little too much. Hopefully this will piss us off good and well for the playoffs.

I have a lot of respect for what the Saints have accomplished this year, for the fans and the city. You guys should be very proud of your team. I believe the Saints will be the country's sentimental favorite going into the playoffs. Good luck.

Junior Hog

Postby Jake » Sun Dec 17, 2006 4:40 pm

Thanks SF25.

I didn't think we had a snowball's chance in hell today but today was just one of those weeks. We won and I lost a Hognostication pick. I have no reason to complain.

Good luck to you guys in the playoffs.
RIP Sean Taylor 1983-2007
RIP Kevin Mitchell 1971-2007
RIP Justin Skaggs 1979-2007
RIP Sammy Baugh 1914-2008

RIP JPFair
RIP VetSkinsFan

#60 Chris Samuels: 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time Pro Bowl left tackle!

Hog

Postby InsaneBoost » Sun Dec 17, 2006 5:05 pm

Why cant fans of other teams act like this instead of acting like complete morons.

Great Game!
Redskins | Capitals | Nationals | Wizards | D.C United | UMD

|||||||

Postby UK Skins Fan » Sun Dec 17, 2006 5:08 pm

And this is why, if the Colts play the Saints in the Superbowl, I'll be rooting for the Saints.

I guess a bit of humility comes easy to Saints fans - it's a lesson that I suspect we Redskins fans could benefit from learning.
Also available on Twitter @UKSkinsFan

...unadulterated

Postby Hoss » Sun Dec 17, 2006 5:12 pm

UK Skins Fan wrote:And this is why, if the Colts play the Saints in the Superbowl, I'll be rooting for the Saints.

I guess a bit of humility comes easy to Saints fans - it's a lesson that I suspect we Redskins fans could benefit from learning.

we, certain, skins fans' know all about humility. sometimes, that's all we have left to hold on to....... :wink:
People may not remember exactly what you did
or what you said....

~BUT~
they will ALWAYS remember how you made them feel.

Hog

Postby BearSkins » Sun Dec 17, 2006 5:51 pm

Great to see JC pick up a win (and help Da Bears out with home field advantage). They cut away from the Bears game to show JC hitting Moss for the TD and, man, that looked beautiful! I bet you guys were thrilled.!
It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom – for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.

G4L

Postby Gibbs4Life » Sun Dec 17, 2006 6:23 pm

You didn't overlook us WE TOOK IT TO YA. Our offensive line smacked your girls around like little red headed step children. I don't wanna hear your excuses "this wasn't our A game" what a sore loser. Come playoffs it's all Chicago baby, why? becuase they play defense, something New Orleans doesn't...especially now that Jason Campbell Betts and Co. has disected you on film for all to see.

Signed,
"Winning Gracefully"
HAIL

Junior Hog

Postby Jake » Sun Dec 17, 2006 6:29 pm

Gibbs4Life wrote:Hey up yours saints fans, you didn't overlook us WE TOOK IT TO YA. Our offensive line smacked your girls around like little red headed step children. I don't wanna hear your excuses "this wasn't our A game" what a sore loser. Come playoffs it's all Chicago baby, why? becuase they play defense, something New Orleans doesn't...especially now that Jason Campbell Betts and Co. has disected you on film for all to see.

Signed,
"Winning Gracefully"

You're calling a Saints fan a sore loser after coming onto a Redskins board and congratulating us on a good game?

Your post epitomizes everything that embodies a very sore winner. You're acting like you've never seen the Redskins win a game before.
RIP Sean Taylor 1983-2007
RIP Kevin Mitchell 1971-2007
RIP Justin Skaggs 1979-2007
RIP Sammy Baugh 1914-2008

RIP JPFair
RIP VetSkinsFan

#60 Chris Samuels: 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time Pro Bowl left tackle!

Return to Washington Redskins Game Day - 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006