Skins/Saints Post Game Discussion

Washington Redskins' Game Day discussions for 2003, 2004, and 2005
---

Skins/Saints Post Game Discussion

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Sun Dec 17, 2006 2:48 pm

This thread is for all discussion that directly pertains to todays game.
Last edited by Chris Luva Luva on Wed Dec 20, 2006 8:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Sun Dec 17, 2006 4:03 pm

Why can't this D show up every week
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Sun Dec 17, 2006 4:04 pm

I like how everyone is saying the Saints blew the game, like they just laid down on the field and let us win.

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Sun Dec 17, 2006 4:06 pm

A lot of playoff teams will be watching this Redskin tape in a few weeks
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Sun Dec 17, 2006 4:16 pm

So Jansen didnt play today. I guess the Skins didnt miss a beat huh? We need to insert more depth people. Lets see how many more nice surprises we have.

~~~

Postby Champsturf » Sun Dec 17, 2006 4:19 pm

Not much to say from me. Good game all the way to the end. I still hate our being able to move between the 20's with no problem, only to stall and kick a FG.

HTTR
You'll always be remembered Sean. R.I.P.

Hog

Postby xhadow » Sun Dec 17, 2006 4:25 pm

Chris Luva Luva wrote:I like how everyone is saying the Saints blew the game, like they just laid down on the field and let us win.

Well I am not one of them. The Saints weren't able to play like the Saints of the last couple of weeks because of our D. Their D has had holes against the run all year. We played them like every team shouls play them and the Colts keep the QB off the feild and you will win. Plain and simple.

Towards the end of the game Brees tried to force some things that weren't there hence the blocked pass in the endzone and the interception.
Well what more would you expect out of the "Worst Team" in the "Best Division"

...unadulterated

Postby Hoss » Sun Dec 17, 2006 4:28 pm

Chris, I agree with you. I would hope our priority would be to see what we have as far as depth is concerned.

Nice to get a deserved win. I would like to see what we have prior to the off season.
People may not remember exactly what you did
or what you said....

~BUT~
they will ALWAYS remember how you made them feel.

Fire in the Sky

Postby SkinsFreak » Sun Dec 17, 2006 4:38 pm

Chris Luva Luva wrote:So Jansen didnt play today. I guess the Skins didnt miss a beat huh? We need to insert more depth people. Lets see how many more nice surprises we have.

The o-line did look good today, as they have in the past few weeks. And true, they didn't miss a beat without Jansen. Betts couldn't get all those yards without the line playing like it has.

Junior Hog

Postby Jake » Sun Dec 17, 2006 4:42 pm

Our offensive line played great. Betts played great. Andre Carter has played great. Taylor and Springs played great. Carlos caught a ball today.

One thing that would help though is if Campbell could be a little more accurate. A lot of underthrown (and overthrown) passes to Moss Cooley.

I was shocked but I am happy. I wish they played like this every week.
RIP Sean Taylor 1983-2007
RIP Kevin Mitchell 1971-2007
RIP Justin Skaggs 1979-2007
RIP Sammy Baugh 1914-2008

RIP JPFair
RIP VetSkinsFan

#60 Chris Samuels: 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time Pro Bowl left tackle!

Hog

Postby nnskinsfan » Sun Dec 17, 2006 4:49 pm

Yeah, the D and O-line was really good today. Betts had another big day and probably would have had a lot more yards had we not gotten away from the run at times.

Edit: Forgot to comment on how the team was hitting today. On D and special teams, they were definitely making big hits. They seemed pretty inspired for whatever reason.

Hog

Postby SkinzCanes » Sun Dec 17, 2006 4:57 pm

Betts had another big day and probably would have had a lot more yards had we not gotten away from the run at times.

Betts needs to learn to hold onto the ball. As well as he's playing he needs to do something about his fumbling problem.
"Archuletta on the sidelines is a plus for Redskins fans" - Brian Mitchell

|||||||

Postby UK Skins Fan » Sun Dec 17, 2006 5:06 pm

We beat a fine team on the road today. Carter, Taylor, Betts, Campbell and the o-line had fine games. Fox, Wade, and the defence as a whole were plus points. I admit that I'm just looking at the stats here, but there are a lot of positives to take out of today's game.

This has been as disappointing a season as I can remember, but I truly believe that this team is close to being better than good. We're still bad at the moment (the standings do not lie), but I think the offence has all the pieces there, and the special teams have been fine this year. The defence has been the big downer this year, but I think they'll be a lot better with very few changes. Just get some more impact from the d-line, and remove some round pegs from square holes in the secondary, and I see a much brighter future.

Yes, my spectacles are rosy, but this team is heading in the right direction.
Also available on Twitter @UKSkinsFan

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Sun Dec 17, 2006 5:18 pm

Jake wrote:Our offensive line played great. Betts played great. Andre Carter has played great. Taylor and Springs played great. Carlos caught a ball today.

One thing that would help though is if Campbell could be a little more accurate. A lot of underthrown (and overthrown) passes to Moss Cooley.

I was shocked but I am happy. I wish they played like this every week.

They also dropped some passes.

1. TD pass by ARE.
2. Lloyd had a drop I believe.
3. Cooley had a drop.

I think its apparent that JC is trying hone is his passing skills. He'll go a few series throwing short and the a few throwing too high. I'm he's working on it, and Im sure he'll get it ironed out in the offseason.

-------

Postby RedskinsFreak » Sun Dec 17, 2006 5:28 pm

Over all, I am pleased with this one. Solid contributions from all areas.

There was one thing I couldn't shake early was that they didn't trust Betts to get a yard on third-and-1 on the first drive.

Of course, that concern waned as the game went on. But it's been three weeks in a row whtn 549-yds-in-4-games guy wasn't the choice to be Option #1.
***** Hail To The Redskins!!! *****

BA + MS = A New Beginning

Return to Washington Redskins Game Day - 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006