THN Postgame thread: Skins vs Rams

Washington Redskins' Game Day discussions for 2003, 2004, and 2005
Hog

Postby 1fan4ramsey » Sun Dec 24, 2006 9:59 pm

RamsFanSam wrote:Guys, I know you are pissed about losing right now, but do you mind if I say something good about your team?

Supposedly, you had nothing to fight for. But, I saw some damn good plays you guys made. Your defense? Um...better than ours. Each week we make bets on how far over 100 yards of rushing we'll allow.

Guys, don't be upset over the loss. Instead, look at it like this: We did not expect a win, and you made us really work for it. More than once, I was ready to give up on the game. I'm supposed to keep calm, keep my blood pressure low. You put up a better game than the San Francisco farty whiners did, and better than Seattle in my opinion.

You guys only need to make a few minor tweaks to become THE team in your division. I'd bet that this time next year, you've clinched the playoffs, have a first round bye....and will be VERY dangerous.

Now, something more personal:

When I came here, I didn't know what kind of welcome I would recieve. Now, I can tell people you guys not only have a really nice site, but that you fans are great! I'm used to dealing with crap, but you guys are ALL CLASS!!!!

Thank you for making me feel at home. Once again, you guys are great. If the playoffs were decided upon the decency of the fans....you'd be on the way to the Super Bowl.

Merry Christmas, guys. Thanks for a hard fought game. About the heart attacks...not so good.

Here's hoping you guys teach Dallas what a REAL butt whooping is!!!

Since we won't meet again for a while unless we both go all the way next year....GO SKINS!!!!

Very classy, thanks...Merry X-Mas!!
don't even

piglet

Postby DINO » Sun Dec 24, 2006 10:12 pm

Three observations
1. Duckett has got to go!

2.Something was wrong with Sean Taylor [ flu ,hangover ,bad chinese]
his play was slow and flat, no viscious hits.

3.Ladell Betts is the real deal, concrats on reaching 1000 with so few starts, cant wait to see what numbers you put up next year!

Hog

Postby SkinzCanes » Sun Dec 24, 2006 10:13 pm

This is what I can't understand. On key 3rd down plays today, and in previous weeks...also on 1st and goal at the 3 yrd line against the Eagles.....why does he always..freaking...take Betts out of the game. It is mind boggling. Just like, why he stuck with Brunell so long. The simpliest adjustments, that have huge outcomes, everyone knows what should be done...Gibbs just doesn't seem to see it. It's almost like he's putting Duckett in there to apease Duckett, kind of like the Brunell situation. Gibbs is hoping Duckett will do something, and everyone knows Betts should be in there.

He probably takes him out because Betts can't hold onto the freakin ball. He has run well the since CP got hurt but his fumbling is embarassing. After today's game he has 5 fumbles on the season. The only player in the NFL with more in Frank Gore (6). In the 7 games since Portis got hurt, Betts has fumbled 4 times.
"Archuletta on the sidelines is a plus for Redskins fans" - Brian Mitchell

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Sun Dec 24, 2006 11:15 pm

SkinzCanes wrote:
This is what I can't understand. On key 3rd down plays today, and in previous weeks...also on 1st and goal at the 3 yrd line against the Eagles.....why does he always..freaking...take Betts out of the game. It is mind boggling. Just like, why he stuck with Brunell so long. The simpliest adjustments, that have huge outcomes, everyone knows what should be done...Gibbs just doesn't seem to see it. It's almost like he's putting Duckett in there to apease Duckett, kind of like the Brunell situation. Gibbs is hoping Duckett will do something, and everyone knows Betts should be in there.

He probably takes him out because Betts can't hold onto the freakin ball. He has run well the since CP got hurt but his fumbling is embarassing. After today's game he has 5 fumbles on the season. The only player in the NFL with more in Frank Gore (6). In the 7 games since Portis got hurt, Betts has fumbled 4 times.

Look back over the 5 years Betts has been her, Fumblitist has been a issue that he has been working on. Looks like he needs to keep working on it, although he seemed to be getting better at it
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

Hog

Postby redskins12287 » Sun Dec 24, 2006 11:30 pm

As soon as that ball popped out, I just looked at my Dad, and said "he's no CP." Portis always wraps up the ball with both arms when he knows he's going down.
Gotta respect the 'Skins

~~~

Postby Champsturf » Mon Dec 25, 2006 12:59 am

So, all I saw was the first couple of series then the fumble at the end. Judging by what I've read, our D looked awful. How is it that we finally score over 30 and lose?

I saw that fumble and about crapped my pants. Why was he trying to stiff arm rather than wrap up that dam ball???

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Mon Dec 25, 2006 8:39 am

And people say we need to drop Portis... :roll:
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

~~~~~~

Postby Redskin in Canada » Mon Dec 25, 2006 12:37 pm

Two mediocre teams slugging out to find out which is the most mediocre of the two.

We finally won something this year!
Daniel Snyder has defined incompetence, failure and greed to true Washington Redskins fans over the last decade. Stay away from football operations !!!

####

Postby JPM36 » Tue Dec 26, 2006 1:36 am

"Mediocre" teams?

Try "bad" teams.

The crazy thing is the Rams can actually make the playoffs in the watered down NFC...
R.I.P. Christopher Wallace (May 21, 1972 - March 9, 1997)

R.I.P. Sean Taylor (April 1, 1983 - November 27, 2007)

~~

Postby REDEEMEDSKIN » Tue Dec 26, 2006 9:39 am

How 'bout that Suisham? Who'da thunk the kid was that clutch??? He's made eight in a row, and is putting the ball inside the five or in the endzone repeatedly. :up:
Back and better than ever!

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Tue Dec 26, 2006 12:42 pm

REDEEMEDSKIN wrote:How 'bout that Suisham? Who'da thunk the kid was that clutch??? He's made eight in a row, and is putting the ball inside the five or in the endzone repeatedly. :up:

Amen. My goodness I hope he sticks and continues to play well. Who would have thought that Suisham / Frost combination would be the answer to our special team woes?? :hmm:

Pushing Paper

Postby PulpExposure » Tue Dec 26, 2006 12:57 pm

Chris Luva Luva wrote:And people say we need to drop Portis... :roll:

Well, if we start Betts, we might be treated to one critical fumble per game!

piggie

Postby SO. CAL. SKIN DUDE » Tue Dec 26, 2006 1:53 pm

PulpExposure wrote:
Chris Luva Luva wrote:And people say we need to drop Portis... :roll:

Well, if we start Betts, we might be treated to one critical fumble per game!

Listen, the Ram DB made a great play!! The game should have never been that close to have Betts' fumble mean that much.

To me, Betts simply kicked some ass since he came in for Portis. Portis wasn't doing much when he did play. So get off Betts and put the heat directly on the D and more specifically on Sean Taylor.
LET'S GET'ER ON GO!!

Hog

Postby SkinzCanes » Tue Dec 26, 2006 2:05 pm

Listen, the Ram DB made a great play!! The game should have never been that close to have Betts' fumble mean that much.

To me, Betts simply kicked some ass since he came in for Portis. Portis wasn't doing much when he did play. So get off Betts and put the heat directly on the D and more specifically on Sean Taylor.

The Rams db never would've made a "great play" as you call it if Betts had done what he was supposed to do, and that's cover up the ball. He constantly leaves the ball unprotected by not covering it with both arms. At that point in the game, when we are driving for the winning fg, there is absolutely no excuse for fumbling. If it was just a one time thing I would cut him some slack. But fumbling is a HUGE problem for Betts. Despite only starting since the Tampa game Betts is tied for second in the NFL among running backs for the most fumbles. He has more fumbles this year (5) than td's (4). He is not a premiere back and never will be. He's a very good backup but that's it.
"Archuletta on the sidelines is a plus for Redskins fans" - Brian Mitchell

Return to Washington Redskins Game Day - 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006