WAS vs NY Post-Game discussion

Washington Redskins' Game Day discussions for 2003, 2004, and 2005
---

WAS vs NY Post-Game discussion

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Sat Dec 30, 2006 11:09 pm

Last game of the year, you guys know the drill.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

Hog

Postby MtSherwood7 » Sat Dec 30, 2006 11:12 pm

Do you guys think Gregg Williams is still next in line for the head coaching job? His defense sucked real bad this year
'Skins 2005 Superbowl champs... crazier things HAVE happened!

~~~

Postby Champsturf » Sat Dec 30, 2006 11:12 pm

I have nothing more to say. This team is a JOKE. Too many coaches that can't coach, a horrible defense, bad free agent signings, bad use of draft picks(trading up to get someone that starts twice?), bad loyalty(Brunell).....too much to list, so G'night all and have a happy new year.
You'll always be remembered Sean. R.I.P.

mursilis

Postby Mursilis » Sat Dec 30, 2006 11:13 pm

I just can't believe this. 5-11. Gibbs has pulled a Spurrier. He has had the worst two seasons of his career in the last 3 years. This is beyond depressing.

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Sat Dec 30, 2006 11:16 pm

Come to smack and let us know what you really think.
http://www.thehogs.net/forum/viewtopic. ... 030#302030
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

aka Sarcastic Hog

Postby skinz74 » Sat Dec 30, 2006 11:19 pm

This one was one of the most painful I can remember...glimses of hope shattered by a melted-butter defense. Campbell showed some good stuff, Capt. Chaos was his usual highlight reel, and the offense as a whole lit it up in the 2nd half.

The only thing that keeps me from REALLY venting is the fact that so many of our starters are out that its almost like a bad preseason game of 1st stringers versus 3rd.

Betts needs to go through whatever program Tiki went through to solve his fumbleitis...some could say he cost us this game...but they would be wrong. The defense, and the last drive's playcalling sealed the deal.

To segwey into the offseason...after watching this game, I'm not so sure I want a Defensive end anymore, unless we can land Nate Clements. Secondary is getting gouged, and obviously Taylor is suffering from lack of support.

I will not leave this game w/my head down, however...and will leave some positive notes from the game.

Campbell showed tremendous progress on touch, progression, and his scrambles were beastly.

Randle El showed increased versatility and made some beautiful catches.

Last but not least, the line gave Jason plenty of time to throw, and the run blocking was once again pretty solid.

As I hoist my Bass pale ale, I raise a toast to next season...and hopefully next season at the end of the regular season, I'll be raising a toast to the playoffs. Goodnight...
<~~~~~Runs with scissors X
(_E=mc2_)

“This is where I'm most comfortable, ... This is my life, where I work. I'm definitely glad to be back.” #21

Hog

Postby DaSkins24 » Sat Dec 30, 2006 11:24 pm

You know your defense sucks when Tiki Barber scores a TD, much less 3.

Please do the honorable thing and resign, Gregg Williams. This may possibly be one of the worst defenses of all time. We know Gibbs wont fire anyone, so just do all Skins fans a favor and quit.

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Sat Dec 30, 2006 11:26 pm

The offense looks great. I'm hoping they get a strong/tall possession WR. I think it'd be a great addition.

We need a DT and a DE.

We may need to start Rocky. I think its stupid that Rocky hasn't started yet.

We MAY need to upgrade MLB....., one of Marshalls strong suits was coverage and it seem to slack a bit this year.

I dont believe Springs will be a safety. He will play DB next year. We need to draft another young DB. Carlos is looking better. A pass rush will help even more. Id actually draft a DB and resign Smoot.

I'd bring back Clark.

AND THE SHOCKER! Keep Arch. Use him like he should be used next year. Especially if it'll hurt us cap wise to cut him.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

SCskinsFan

Postby SCSkinsFan » Sat Dec 30, 2006 11:31 pm

RUSHING
ATT YDS TD LG
L. Betts 20 92 0 21

Betts; shot at a record 6 games in a row fell 8 yards short.
Skins fan Stuck in Panther land

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Sat Dec 30, 2006 11:33 pm

Chris Luva Luva wrote:The offense looks great. I'm hoping they get a strong/tall possession WR. I think it'd be a great addition.

We need a DT and a DE.

We may need to start Rocky. I think its stupid that Rocky hasn't started yet.

We MAY need to upgrade MLB....., one of Marshalls strong suits was coverage and it seem to slack a bit this year.

I dont believe Springs will be a safety. He will play DB next year. We need to draft another young DB. Carlos is looking better. A pass rush will help even more. Id actually draft a DB and resign Smoot.

I'd bring back Clark.

AND THE SHOCKER! Keep Arch. Use him like he should be used next year. Especially if it'll hurt us cap wise to cut him.
I strongly disagree on Rogers. He has steadily slid down the scale of suckitude. He can't tackle to save his life. He has hands of stone, and can't cover very well, either. I'd say he is a major bust. With Springs' injuries this season, Carlos was exposed. We need a quality CB desperately, and you can't draft those. (You can, but they take several years to develop.) I'm afraid you have to go the trade or free agent route to get someone who can play now.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

~~~

Postby Champsturf » Sat Dec 30, 2006 11:37 pm

SCSkinsFan wrote:RUSHING
ATT YDS TD LG
L. Betts 20 92 0 21

Maybe at least ONE run play on the last series?????

SCskinsFan

Postby SCSkinsFan » Sat Dec 30, 2006 11:46 pm

Champsturf wrote:
SCSkinsFan wrote:RUSHING
ATT YDS TD LG
L. Betts 20 92 0 21

Maybe at least ONE run play on the last series?????

My exact feeling. I'm still wondering why we went with 3 deep pass patterns in a row. We had time and timeouts to get down the field. Truly questionable play calls (again) at the end.
Skins fan Stuck in Panther land

piggie

Postby jru37726 » Sat Dec 30, 2006 11:55 pm

"5 and 11.....not very good." Sound familiar? Hint.....it was 3 yrs ago and life sucked back then. Life still sucks in Skins land......G Williams is a joke and he can go take a job wherever he'd like. Would you hire that bum at this point?

~~~~~~

Postby Redskin in Canada » Sun Dec 31, 2006 12:18 am

Tough loss. I have not seen a Skins defense play the run so bad in a long time. They just looked awful. I still feel that G. Williams is not trying his best to coach this defense. My theory still stands.

Patten is a waste of time and money. Jason is our QB for next season.

Why did Lloyd not play?
Daniel Snyder has defined incompetence, failure and greed to true Washington Redskins fans over the last decade. Stay away from football operations !!!

Pursuer of Justice

Postby Justice Hog » Sun Dec 31, 2006 1:08 am

Well, the bright side to me is the steady improvement of Jason Campbell. I really look forward to seeing what he can do next year. Hopefully, we'll get rid of Patten and sign another good WR.

On the bright side, I got tons of compliments on my banner at my tailgate today. Everyone was taking pictures! It was awesome.

Fran Farren
"Justice Hog"

Newark, DE

6th person to join the "new THN message boards"

Section 341, Row 8, Seats #15 & #16

"Justice that love gives is a surrender, justice that law gives is a punishment."
-Mohandas Gandhi

Return to Washington Redskins Game Day - 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006