WAS vs NY Post-Game discussion

Washington Redskins' Game Day discussions for 2003, 2004, and 2005
^^^^^^^

Postby frankcal20 » Sun Dec 31, 2006 1:17 am

not really too upset about this loss. We just saved ourself like 3 draft slots not to mention it could have saved us a swap with Denver
depending on how they finish. Anyways, we improved on O throughout the season after the change. The only problem is that the D regressed quite a bit and got dinged up to all hell along the way.

Hog

Postby RayNAustin » Sun Dec 31, 2006 1:26 am

Yes, that's the questionalble play calling that has been the signature of this offense.

Defense? What defense? Donald Trump to G Williams -You're Fired

Pitiful situation. I have never seen a worse Redskin defense

^^^^^^^

Postby frankcal20 » Sun Dec 31, 2006 1:39 am

I think that if the only thing we need to do is make a few minor changes on the defensive side then we are set. I like GW. Yes he is a bit cocky but I think that is a good thing. I want to see him work with Sean Taylor on tackling techniques. He goes high everytime and gets stiffarmed away. Not to mention taking bad angles. I'm not saying that he shouldn't be on the team next year but he still is work in progress and I think GW is the guy to get this D where it needs to be. I also see Gibbs having more of a hands on approach to the scheme next year. Can you see Gibbs being the dbach coach?

Hog

Postby die cowboys die » Sun Dec 31, 2006 2:05 am

RayNAustin wrote:I have never seen a worse Redskin defense

that's because there literally hasn't been one in most of our lifetimes.

to be so bad it's actually historic, all i can say is there is no choice but for heads to ROLL. you simply can't get that monumentally terrible without some unbelievably extreme degree of incompetence being involved.

Pushing Paper

Postby PulpExposure » Sun Dec 31, 2006 2:21 am

JSPB22 wrote:[I strongly disagree on Rogers. He has steadily slid down the scale of suckitude. He can't tackle to save his life. He has hands of stone, and can't cover very well, either. I'd say he is a major bust. With Springs' injuries this season, Carlos was exposed. We need a quality CB desperately, and you can't draft those. (You can, but they take several years to develop.) I'm afraid you have to go the trade or free agent route to get someone who can play now.

Please reconcile this (post A):

need a quality CB desperately, and you can't draft those. (You can, but they take several years to develop.)

With this (post B):

I strongly disagree on Rogers. He has steadily slid down the scale of suckitude. He can't tackle to save his life. He has hands of stone, and can't cover very well, either. I'd say he is a major bust.

First year starting full time. Yet you say in post A, that CBs take several years to develop.

Please explain.

||||

Postby Redskins Rule » Sun Dec 31, 2006 3:10 am

die cowboys die wrote:
RayNAustin wrote:I have never seen a worse Redskin defense

that's because there literally hasn't been one in most of our lifetimes.

to be so bad it's actually historic, all i can say is there is no choice but for heads to ROLL. you simply can't get that monumentally terrible without some unbelievably extreme degree of incompetence being involved.

Call me pessimist.....but I agree! At least I agree with some of it!............Can you pass me the shot glass please? -drinking
Redskins Rule!!!

DUMP SI!!!

~~~~~~~~~~

Postby air_hog » Sun Dec 31, 2006 4:25 am

A) Where was B-LLoyd? I was really pissed that Gibbs sat him the entire last game of the season which is now going to leave a bad taste in both Brandon's and the FO's mouth.

B) Where were the Randle El trick plays this year. Seriously, El is not your average reciever therefore we payed him more than your average WR. Yet, we probably only let him "do his thing" about 4 or 5 times the whole year.

This game was sickining, this season was sickining.

Here's for next year... hopefully
joebagadonuts on IsaneBoost's signature:
-- "I laughed. I cried. Better than Cats"

Hog

Postby SkinzCanes » Sun Dec 31, 2006 5:28 am

A) Where was B-LLoyd? I was really pissed that Gibbs sat him the entire last game of the season which is now going to leave a bad taste in both Brandon's and the FO's mouth.

Supposedly he was innactive because he had bronchitis.
"Archuletta on the sidelines is a plus for Redskins fans" - Brian Mitchell

Mmmm...donuts
Location: How much text will they let me fit in this 'Location' space? I mean, can I just keep writing and wr

Postby joebagadonuts » Mon Jan 01, 2007 1:36 pm

JSPB22 wrote:
Chris Luva Luva wrote:The offense looks great. I'm hoping they get a strong/tall possession WR. I think it'd be a great addition.

We need a DT and a DE.

We may need to start Rocky. I think its stupid that Rocky hasn't started yet.

We MAY need to upgrade MLB....., one of Marshalls strong suits was coverage and it seem to slack a bit this year.

I dont believe Springs will be a safety. He will play DB next year. We need to draft another young DB. Carlos is looking better. A pass rush will help even more. Id actually draft a DB and resign Smoot.

I'd bring back Clark.

AND THE SHOCKER! Keep Arch. Use him like he should be used next year. Especially if it'll hurt us cap wise to cut him.
I strongly disagree on Rogers. He has steadily slid down the scale of suckitude. He can't tackle to save his life. He has hands of stone, and can't cover very well, either. I'd say he is a major bust. With Springs' injuries this season, Carlos was exposed. We need a quality CB desperately, and you can't draft those. (You can, but they take several years to develop.) I'm afraid you have to go the trade or free agent route to get someone who can play now.

Funniest moment of the game: Manning throws a pass behind the receiver Rogers was covering, almost hitting Rogers. I say to my wife 'It's too bad Carlos wasn't looking at the Qb, he could have dropped that interception.'
I'm a jack of all trades, the master of three
Rockin' the tables, rockin' the mikes, rockin' the young lay-dees.

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Tue Jan 02, 2007 8:55 am

SkinzCanes wrote:

Supposedly he was innactive because he had bronchitis.

Well for what it's worth... Brandon was also too sick to do his show last night. We're doing the show today (so it may be posted a little later than noon tomorrow), but we'll get the low down on what went down and what if anything is going on.

Gibbs didn't say anything about the situation at his press conference yesterday even when asked directly.... so it really just looks like Brandon fell ill and that there's nothing even remotely nefarious going on.

Can't promise you that the press won't try to spin it a different way, but hey, we're used to that...

You can hear it straight from the horse's mouth tomorrow some time, I'll post a message that the show is up once it's done as it may be a little later due to shooting the show on Tuesday instead of Monday night.
Sean Taylor was one of a kind, may he rest in peace.

-------

Postby RedskinsFreak » Tue Jan 02, 2007 10:47 am

BossHog wrote:Gibbs didn't say anything about the situation at his press conference yesterday even when asked directly.... so it really just looks like Brandon fell ill and that there's nothing even remotely nefarious going on.
Here's my monthly (if not more often) brush with sacrelige:

Gibbs' statute of limitations on his "every word I speak is the gospel truth" (that he duly earned in his first stint) is beginning to run out.

I never thought I'd come to this but I have to wonder if he's being molded into more and more a mouthpiece for the organization than a person who shot straight and shared his true feelings.
***** Hail To The Redskins!!! *****

BA + MS = A New Beginning

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Tue Jan 02, 2007 10:51 am

RedskinsFreak wrote:I never thought I'd come to this but I have to wonder if he's being molded into more and more a mouthpiece for the organization than a person who shot straight and shared his true feelings.

He comes off more has the president of Football Ops than he does a coach some times. At times I want him to be strickly the coach but if he gave up the PoFO spot "the danny" would take over the Job and we've been down that road.
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Wed Jan 03, 2007 11:25 am

PulpExposure wrote:
JSPB22 wrote:[I strongly disagree on Rogers. He has steadily slid down the scale of suckitude. He can't tackle to save his life. He has hands of stone, and can't cover very well, either. I'd say he is a major bust. With Springs' injuries this season, Carlos was exposed. We need a quality CB desperately, and you can't draft those. (You can, but they take several years to develop.) I'm afraid you have to go the trade or free agent route to get someone who can play now.

Please reconcile this (post A):

need a quality CB desperately, and you can't draft those. (You can, but they take several years to develop.)

With this (post B):

I strongly disagree on Rogers. He has steadily slid down the scale of suckitude. He can't tackle to save his life. He has hands of stone, and can't cover very well, either. I'd say he is a major bust.

First year starting full time. Yet you say in post A, that CBs take several years to develop.

Please explain.

I don't see improvement. He seems to be getting worse. Does that clear it up?
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

~~~~~~~~~~

Postby air_hog » Sat Jan 06, 2007 8:02 pm

BossHog wrote:Well for what it's worth... Brandon was also too sick to do his show last night. We're doing the show today (so it may be posted a little later than noon tomorrow), but we'll get the low down on what went down and what if anything is going on.

Gibbs didn't say anything about the situation at his press conference yesterday even when asked directly.... so it really just looks like Brandon fell ill and that there's nothing even remotely nefarious going on.

Can't promise you that the press won't try to spin it a different way, but hey, we're used to that...

You can hear it straight from the horse's mouth tomorrow some time, I'll post a message that the show is up once it's done as it may be a little later due to shooting the show on Tuesday instead of Monday night.

Man, I love B-Lloyd!

Even after all the crap he had to go through this year with his poor stats, lack of oppertunity, and the retarted media at the end of the year, Brandon was still upbeat and willing to answer any questions JansenFan asked him.

I really hope what Clinton said about him isn't true becuase I hope Brandon is a longtime Redskin and I look forward to him making some sick catches next year for the Washington Redskins.

And I'd like to thank JansenFan for providing the fans with legit insight to Redskins with a fair and unbaised attitude throughout the season. I really enjoyed the B-Lloyd Show and look forward to next year.

HTTR
joebagadonuts on IsaneBoost's signature:
-- "I laughed. I cried. Better than Cats"

and Jackson

Postby JansenFan » Mon Jan 08, 2007 9:42 am

Thanks air_hog. Brandon was great this year. He met us every week, talked about whatever we wanted, and he wasn't afraid to answer any question asked.

I'm looking forward to next season as well. Hopefully, we'll be able to catch up with him through the off-season to swee how the record contract is coming and how his music is going, not to mention the off-season training and OTA's, the new baby and all of that stuff.
RIP 21

"Nah, I trust the laws of nature to stay constant. I don't pray that the sun will rise tomorrow, and I don't need to pray that someone will beat the Cowboys in the playoffs." - Irn-Bru

Return to Washington Redskins Game Day - 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006