you guys see

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
aka Evil Hog

you guys see

Postby hailskins666 » Tue Sep 23, 2003 9:30 am

what upshaw said in the wash times??
"It's ironic for the team to be making bonehead penalties and me not be part of it," Upshaw said with a devilish smile. "I'm playing left end a lot now. And I'm not as productive as I would be at right end. So I'm not around the fight like I should be. Once I get around the fight, I'm sure you'll see a bonehead penalty out of me."

What the !#%k is that? even if it is a joke(which if history is a factor, it isn't) that's not really what we need right now. :thump:
THN's resident jerk.

Glock .40 Model 22 - First* line of home defense.... 'ADT' is for liberals.

Hog

Postby skinsfanno9 » Tue Sep 23, 2003 9:43 am

That totally pissed me off too. Like jeeze, how much money do you need to pay someone to keep himself in check. If I were the coaching staff, I'd bench his butt for this and bring in Ladarius. Its not like he's done SQUAT on the pass rush.

... deep in TX

Postby Texas Hog » Tue Sep 23, 2003 9:44 am

I like to see some production outta him.....he hasn't done anything, except get beat out of starting by a 40 year old.
God bless our troops and Joe Gibbs.
We'll miss you, Joe.

#21 gone, but never forgotten.

aka Evil Hog

Postby hailskins666 » Tue Sep 23, 2003 10:13 am

i'm with ya fanno. ladarius showed lots of promise last year, he needs some playin time.
THN's resident jerk.

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Tue Sep 23, 2003 10:43 am

hello people... sound bytes?

Don't believe everything you read. One thing I learned being at Camp... if you wanna read a falsehood, just pick up a newspaper. Read the quote and assume the folowing question was asked...

"So Regan, how odd is it to see a team racking up the bonehead penalties around you and you not to be a part of it when you're reknowned for it?"

Then the answer doesn't seem so knuckle-headed to me.

... and I noticed he was playing LDE on Sunday... what's with Wynn? Anyone heard anything about an injury? I saw Wynn come in on some 3rd and longs, but that was about it. So slag upshaw all you want, but he's obviously done something to justify trying to get him on to the field.

Y'all aren't surprised that we have no pass rush are ya?

We knew it would be our achilles heel, and it's NOT what Upshaw was brought in for... he's a run-stopping end with some pass rush ability.
Sean Taylor was one of a kind, may he rest in peace.

aka Evil Hog

Postby hailskins666 » Tue Sep 23, 2003 10:53 am

Then the answer doesn't seem so knuckle-headed to me.
yeah but you left out the most important part - "I'm playing left end a lot now. And I'm not as productive as I would be at right end. So I'm not around the fight like I should be. Once I get around the fight, I'm sure you'll see a bonehead penalty out of me." i was referring to the fact he admitted he'd make penalties. sounds like to me he needs to be trying to lead by example, than to say "aw shucks, i'll do it to"
THN's resident jerk.

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Tue Sep 23, 2003 12:08 pm

I don't disagree with that, just saying that without the context of the situation, it's hard to know exactly what was said.

He doesn't have much choice but to admit it, he's known for it. He's got a mean streak and it has always resulted in some untimely personal fouls. First thing any Raider fan will ask you... "Has Upshaw taken any stupid penalties yet?"

To his credit, he hasn't. As long as he makes his boneheaded blunders off the field instead of on it, I'm a happy guy.

redskinsmiley
Sean Taylor was one of a kind, may he rest in peace.

aka Evil Hog

Postby hailskins666 » Tue Sep 23, 2003 12:22 pm

To his credit, he hasn't. As long as he makes his boneheaded blunders off the field instead of on it, I'm a happy guy.

so true, i agree totally. he's actually done ok vs the run.
THN's resident jerk.

Postby Guest » Tue Sep 23, 2003 1:04 pm

Upshaw's supposed to be like Wilber Marshall was for us. He'll make some great plays, then break our hearts with a stupid personal foul. That's how his whole career has been.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football