I bet Noel

Washington Redskins' Game Day discussions for 2003, 2004, and 2005
sfir

I bet Noel

Postby skinsfaninroanoke » Mon Sep 22, 2003 9:22 am

hears the screaming all the way to Centreville today.

I don't know about you all, but I wouldn't want to be a Skin in that practice facility this week.
Rich in Roanoke

aka Evil Hog

Postby hailskins666 » Mon Sep 22, 2003 11:11 am

it would be real hard to be trotter, mccants, samuels, or jansen.......i don't know, maybe it was a reality check....hopefully those guys will be off tha hook in this next game...........................
THN's resident jerk.

Glock .40 Model 22 - First* line of home defense.... 'ADT' is for liberals.

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Mon Sep 22, 2003 12:56 pm

I can't see McCants getting any more than a 'hey that was dumb', in the middle of the 'that's the best game you've ever played as a Redskin' speech.

The kid was great, and in my mind made a real push to keep Jacobs, Russell, and P.Johnson exactly where they are. Every catch DM made was a tough one it seemed, and just like when he was a senior at Delaware State... all the guy does is catch touchdowns.

Gardner was invisible until the end of the 4th quarter yesterday.

Coles was his usual exceptional self after a couple of ill-timed drops.

But despite yet another 100 yard performance from Coles, McCants was the receiver that impressed me the most yesterday.

Man, we need DM to gain about 10-15 lbs and we'd be able to use him as a tight end. Royal was awful yesterday.
Sean Taylor was one of a kind, may he rest in peace.

sfir

Postby skinsfaninroanoke » Mon Sep 22, 2003 4:51 pm

Royal stunk it up - and he looked so surehanded before.

::scream:: I hate dropped passes.

Ahhhhh - I feel a little better now

Makes me really wish that Walls didn't sign with the Pack... I wonder if Alge is a restricted free agent next year? :grin: Maybe even Gonzales?? :evil smile:
Rich in Roanoke

... deep in TX

Postby Texas Hog » Mon Sep 22, 2003 4:58 pm

I agee...DM looked great....and played well despite the bone-headed penalty....he's young and hopefully thee embarassment of an ass-chewing will prevent that from happening again
God bless our troops and Joe Gibbs.
We'll miss you, Joe.

#21 gone, but never forgotten.

aka Evil Hog

Postby hailskins666 » Mon Sep 22, 2003 5:16 pm

Makes me really wish that Walls didn't sign with the Pack... I wonder if Alge is a restricted free agent next year? :grin: Maybe even Gonzales?? :evil smile:

the fa market would be too expensive considering our cap situation, i say we draft one, who's out there besides winslow? i don't follow college as much.winslow would be sweet, but unless we manuever down in the draft to get him, i don't see it.
THN's resident jerk.

sfir

Postby skinsfaninroanoke » Mon Sep 22, 2003 5:25 pm

He had an AWESOME catch in the first part of the Miami-BC game - got helicoptered and still hung on through the crash...

Is our cap that bad? I know we will be freeing up some as the older payouts we still have to make come off the payroll... would a good FA receiving TE be THAT expensive? Sure as heck wouldn't hurt to look - I mean I know Gonzalez would be outrageous in salary demands... but there are some out there who wouldn't cost that much that could come up with a catch when we need em.

How in the world do most of the other teams come up with fairly good TEs and we have ended up with duds in the last decade?
Rich in Roanoke

aka Evil Hog

Postby hailskins666 » Mon Sep 22, 2003 5:43 pm

can't believe i'm gonna say this, but i'm ready to see flemister in the lineup again.
THN's resident jerk.

sfir

Postby skinsfaninroanoke » Mon Sep 22, 2003 5:44 pm

EEEEEEEEEEEK! ::covering my ears::

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

don't listen to him Lord - he said it himself - the devil made him do it!
Rich in Roanoke

Hog

Postby skinsfanno9 » Tue Sep 23, 2003 11:23 am

Actually, I did hear some yelling from out west on Monday...

Seriously, we need to bring the refs back to practice in the weeks. We need to find some retired guys or something. The coaches obviously are not noticing this stuff in practice and its carrying over to the games.

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Tue Sep 23, 2003 12:13 pm

Seriously, we need to bring the refs back to practice in the weeks. We need to find some retired guys or something. The coaches obviously are not noticing this stuff in practice and its carrying over to the games.

I agree, as long as they can find guys that do a better job than the guys they used in the training camp. They were terrible, and never seemed to 'catch' anything.

Heck, maybe hat's part of the problem.... the guys we did use during Camp didn't prepare them for what they would actually be facing. There's a couple of people on the board that I watched practices with, and they'll remember several conversations we had about 'what on earth they were doing out there.' There was very little point to their role, they weren't even calling obvious things.

Hog

Postby newshog » Tue Sep 23, 2003 2:09 pm

Hey, we gotta cut Royal some slack--the guy's played all of THREE professional football games. I still think that he'll settle down and be a force for us.
All the Redskins news that's fit to link.

aka Evil Hog

Postby hailskins666 » Tue Sep 23, 2003 5:17 pm

Hey, we gotta cut Royal some slack--the guy's played all of THREE professional football games. I still think that he'll settle down and be a force for us.

true its basically his rookie season.
THN's resident jerk.

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Wed Sep 24, 2003 10:13 am

Well we can cut him some slack sure, but there's no denying that he dropped some real catchable passes... rookie or not.

The tight ends don't appear to be blocking either, so right now, we're just not getting a lot of production out of them. that's pretty amazing when you consider how productive the offense has been so far.

Not to mention that jockeying Kevin Ware and wilbert Brown around to account for having only two (unproductive) tight ends on the roster, cost us a decent backup in Brown this week when the Patriots claimed him off the practice squad.

Think they're picking his brain about the offense this week?

I don't think Belickeck's a good head coach, but he is a smart defense guy, so I expect that Brown's 'help' is gonna give BB a really good game plan this week for going after P-Ram.

swine

Postby learnnew » Wed Sep 24, 2003 11:17 am

if we have to draft a TE next year, i'd suggest Ben Troupe from FL. now again before y'all guys go 'not another gator', he is 6'4" 262 lbs, has a 4.6 range 40-yard speed and has already 15 receptions for 223 yards (14.9 avg.) and a TD this season. he played SOS's offense for two years. he is one of the best blockers in the gators team and is also known to be very athletic.

HTTR
Go Skins! For 10-6 or higher!

Return to Washington Redskins Game Day - 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006