Any Football coaches here??

Intimidated by intense football threads? Don't be... learn about football, the Washington Redskins and more.
Diesel

Any Football coaches here??

Postby DEHog » Tue Feb 13, 2007 8:02 am

Just wanted to see if we had any football coaches here. I have coaches pop warner for 4 years and last year was hired at the high school level. Looking forward to this year as our team moves up a division to play with the big boys.

For those who coach, what systems do you run??
"Sean Taylor is hands down the best athlete I've ever coached it's not even close" Gregg Williams 2005 Mini-Camp

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Tue Feb 13, 2007 8:42 am

A HUGE CONGRATS TO YOU!@!!!!

Id like to come see you coach a game some time.

You gotta let me return a punt during a practice!!!!! Just once! I stil look like I'm 17, I'll suit up for you any time! :twisted:

Mmmm...donuts
Location: How much text will they let me fit in this 'Location' space? I mean, can I just keep writing and wr

Postby joebagadonuts » Tue Feb 13, 2007 9:27 am

Just getting started with my son's flag footbal team. The kids are 6, 7 & 8 years old, so the system is basically 'Mike, you start here and run 5 yards that way and then stop and turn around. Mike, I'm talking to you. Stop chasing that buttefly. Mike, do you remember what you're supposed to do? Okay, you run five yards that way....'

A Pop Warner graduate myself (with 50 years of NFL experience, right TRO? :wink: ), I'm looking forward to continuing coaching as my kids get older.
I'm a jack of all trades, the master of three
Rockin' the tables, rockin' the mikes, rockin' the young lay-dees.

and Jackson

Postby JansenFan » Tue Feb 13, 2007 9:31 am

joebagadonuts wrote:Just getting started with my son's flag footbal team. The kids are 6, 7 & 8 years old, so the system is basically 'Mike, you start here and run 5 yards that way and then stop and turn around. Mike, I'm talking to you. Stop chasing that buttefly. Mike, do you remember what you're supposed to do? Okay, you run five yards that way....'

A Pop Warner graduate myself (with 50 years of NFL experience, right TRO? :wink: ), I'm looking forward to continuing coaching as my kids get older.

What he said, only replace the word 'Mike'with the word 'Drew.'
RIP 21

"Nah, I trust the laws of nature to stay constant. I don't pray that the sun will rise tomorrow, and I don't need to pray that someone will beat the Cowboys in the playoffs." - Irn-Bru

FanFromAnnapolis

Re: Any Football coaches here??

Postby Irn-Bru » Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:01 am

DEHog wrote:Just wanted to see if we had any football coaches here. I have coaches pop warner for 4 years and last year was hired at the high school level. Looking forward to this year as our team moves up a division to play with the big boys.

For those who coach, what systems do you run??

Congrats on the job, DEHog. What coaching position did you get?

The Evil Straw

Postby Fios » Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:02 am

That's very cool man, congrats
RIP Sean Taylor

and Jackson

Postby JansenFan » Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:41 am

He's coaching up the towel boy. It's not easy to push that cart around the locker room.
RIP 21

"Nah, I trust the laws of nature to stay constant. I don't pray that the sun will rise tomorrow, and I don't need to pray that someone will beat the Cowboys in the playoffs." - Irn-Bru

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:51 am

Congrats DE
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

Diesel

Postby DEHog » Tue Feb 13, 2007 11:15 am

It’s funny, I’ve always been a offensive guy but now I’m the D coordinator for the Pop Warner team and the same for the high school JV team…I do LB’s for the varsity.

The head coach for JV left for another school, so not sure were I’ll be?? I heard a rumor that I may be the HC???

In Pop Warner this year I want to run Gap Air Mirror defense, its a take off of the gap 8. In PW you don’t have to worry so much about the pass, this D stops the run and put a ton of pressure on the QB when he passes.

On the high school side, I don’t have a option I have to run the 5-3 although I’m going to toss in a few things this year, as well I ‘m going to put in the GAM D to run in the red zone.

On O…this being Delaware...everyone runs the WingT. I hate the Wing T. I grew up in Bill Yeomans veer option offense which has now evolved to the spread option offense like WVU now runs…If I ever get a chance to be a head coach that’s what I will run, I love the option at the high school level
"Sean Taylor is hands down the best athlete I've ever coached it's not even close" Gregg Williams 2005 Mini-Camp

~~~~~~

Postby Redskin in Canada » Sat Feb 24, 2007 5:04 am

Congratulations man. I wish I had the time to do this.
Daniel Snyder has defined incompetence, failure and greed to true Washington Redskins fans over the last decade. Stay away from football operations !!!

Pursuer of Justice

Postby Justice Hog » Sat Feb 24, 2007 10:25 am

DEHog wrote:On O…this being Delaware...everyone runs the WingT. I hate the Wing T.

Don't tell Tubby that!
Fran Farren
"Justice Hog"

Newark, DE

6th person to join the "new THN message boards"

Section 341, Row 8, Seats #15 & #16

"Justice that love gives is a surrender, justice that law gives is a punishment."
-Mohandas Gandhi

^^^^^^^

Postby frankcal20 » Sat Feb 24, 2007 3:56 pm

I ref. But when I do have kids I plan to coach.

piglet

Postby butzadams » Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:12 am

DEHog

I coached over 40 years & ran the Joe Gibbs offense from 1982 thru 2001 (retirement year).

piglet

Postby butzadams » Wed Jul 15, 2009 12:18 pm

FYI: Joe Jacoby will be in Richmond Sat July 18 (9 AM) to speak to a group of local HS & College Coaches at a clinic I sponsor. For more info contact me via private message (space is VERY LIMITED).

piglet

Postby butzadams » Thu Jul 16, 2009 6:26 pm

Return to Football 101