Fun 'n Run

Washington Redskins' Game Day discussions for 2003, 2004, and 2005
Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Sun Sep 28, 2003 9:19 am

I read somewhere this morning that LB corps was so banged up for the Pats that Bellycheck was actually considering going to a 4-3 today.

I don't know if that was posturing or gamesmanship, but considering their injury list, it might make sense.

It would sure throw a cog in what the Redskins probably practiced for all week.
Sean Taylor was one of a kind, may he rest in peace.

aka Evil Hog

Postby hailskins666 » Sun Sep 28, 2003 9:45 am

It would sure throw a cog in what the Redskins probably practiced for all week.
yea but at least thats sort of back to basics, its way better than practcing for a 4-3 all week and have a 3-4 show up on game day. :wink:
THN's resident jerk.

Glock .40 Model 22 - First* line of home defense.... 'ADT' is for liberals.

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Sun Sep 28, 2003 10:42 am

I also heard that injuries to the o-line might force Wilbert Brown into immediate action.

I hope the coaching staff take advantage of it... he's a decent back-up but has proven that he's not an every down player yet.
Sean Taylor was one of a kind, may he rest in peace.

piglet

Run DMC

Postby ideagirl » Sun Sep 28, 2003 11:19 am

OK, Boss, glad to hear Dockery is a goliath! I am still steamed about loosing Stephen Davis (good for him that the Panthers are smart enough to utilize him). I mean, after 3+ seasons of rushing over 1,200 years or more, Spurrier needs a reality check and therapy to get him comfortable with the premise of "running the ball" in the NFL. (don't get me started about the importance of the running game), but Canidate and Betts are proving to be worthy replacements. Let's see if the O-line can process the count, stand still long enough to avoid the flag (albeit color coordinated with our uniforms), and then actually part the Red Sea for our RB's. Boy, I miss Bostic, Jacoby and THE HOGS!!!! I am hopeful that the Ref's in practices this past week shall cure us of "Yellowflagitis".

IdeaGirl
Skins 24 Pats 17
Redskins Rock & Rule....purely subjective, of course, but it's in my DNA.:) ideagirl@excite.com

sfir

Postby skinsfaninroanoke » Sun Sep 28, 2003 6:23 pm

Glad to see that my prediction came true, but the real good stuff came off the rg/rt and lg/lt gaps and around the ends. Nice running, could have done without the heart attack fumble but nice anyway. Can't blame that on Trung entirely as he was free and that was a heck of a well placed punch from behind to knock that ball loose. Maybe he will keep it gripped tighter from now on even if he thinks he is breaking it.
Rich in Roanoke

Return to Washington Redskins Game Day - 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006