How about Dockery?

Washington Redskins' Game Day discussions for 2003, 2004, and 2005
Site Admin

How about Dockery?

Postby BossHog » Mon Sep 29, 2003 2:30 am

Nothing has been said about the play of the big rookie.

First NFL start and other than a penalty, you never heard his name the whole game.

Exactly what you want from a guard. As I affectionately refer to him.... 'the condominium' looked really solid in his NFL debut.

Fiore has to be kicking himself for letting DD into the line-up because he played like he definitely wants to stay there!!

Great job from the big man.

HTTR
Sean Taylor was one of a kind, may he rest in peace.

Hog

Postby skinsfanno9 » Mon Sep 29, 2003 5:02 am

I thought Dockery contributed to one of the sacks that happened early. There was one in the first drive where we were near the 20 or so and the linebacker had a free shot. If you look at the replay, the runningback picked up a guy coming in from the left side, what looked like between the gaurd and tackle position. Since the RB picked this guy up, there was nobody to get the linebacker. The announcers didn't pursue this at all so I can't be sure, but it looked like the first half of that "jailbreak" happened there.

sfir

Postby skinsfaninroanoke » Mon Sep 29, 2003 6:00 am

I thought it was over center when Moore shifted to one side.... I don't know tho... could have been over guard - if I have time I'll look at the game again.

Moore and Fiore were some of the problem against the Giants and the Falcons, whether it be just miscommunication or what I don't know.

I thought the line did well for the most part... the second sack was on P Ram - he held the ball way too long... it was a coverage sack.
Rich in Roanoke

Return to Washington Redskins Game Day - 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006