Redskins Camp Preview (ESPN)

Archive of our daily coverage of the Washington Redskins' 2003-2007 Training Camps.
and Jackson

Postby JansenFan » Mon Jul 23, 2007 8:56 am

BnGhog wrote:Am I reading this right. He said thinks the ONLY difference between the two is that Gibbs run the low-risk, power-running game and Saunders uses complicated schemes with movement and motion. If that was the only difference than why would there be a clash in offensive philosophies?? They could just run the Gibbs offence with complicated schemes with movement and motion added to it.

I think he is just writing stuff to fill up lines on the page.

Besides, Gibbs was one of the main innovators when it comes to using motion. Hello! H-Back anyone? A hybrid TE-FB that NEVER lines up where he will be when the play starts.
RIP 21

"Nah, I trust the laws of nature to stay constant. I don't pray that the sun will rise tomorrow, and I don't need to pray that someone will beat the Cowboys in the playoffs." - Irn-Bru

Pushing Paper

Postby PulpExposure » Mon Jul 23, 2007 7:31 pm

Chris Luva Luva wrote:THe difference between Smoot and Rogers is that Smoot makes the pick and Rogers doesn't.

Fred Smoot, 3 INTs the past 2 years. Carlos Rogers, 3 INTs the past 2 years.

Just saying :wink:

Pacman Rules

Postby gay4pacman » Mon Jul 23, 2007 11:02 pm

champ/springs shouldnt be compared. springs is good but is not in the same category
I know this guy named Jimmy, he has a pet....POSTERNUTBAG! Thats his cats name, POSTERNUTBAG!!!

One Step Away

Postby VetSkinsFan » Wed Jul 25, 2007 11:22 am

Smoot was so good because he played opposite a shutdown corner. He had more opportunity, and he is talented, but he's no Champ. And please, don't put Springs in the same category with Champ, it's apples and oranges.

The Evil Straw

Postby Fios » Wed Jul 25, 2007 11:48 am

VetSkinsFan wrote:Smoot was so good because he played opposite a shutdown corner. He had more opportunity, and he is talented, but he's no Champ. And please, don't put Springs in the same category with Champ, it's apples and oranges.

One little boat incident and a guy gets called a fruit for the rest of his life
RIP Sean Taylor

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Wed Jul 25, 2007 2:00 pm

gay4pacman wrote:champ/springs shouldnt be compared. springs is good but is not in the same category

I'm not saying he's Champ but people don't tend to avoid him and go to the other side. Thats all Im trying to imply.

PulpExposure wrote:
Chris Luva Luva wrote:THe difference between Smoot and Rogers is that Smoot makes the pick and Rogers doesn't.

Fred Smoot, 3 INTs the past 2 years. Carlos Rogers, 3 INTs the past 2 years.

Just saying :wink:

I'm talking bout Redskin SMoot, not Vinny SMoot. If we get Viking Smoot then we're going to be let down. Everyone is hoping for him to return to form and that means a lot of INTs.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

Postby skinsfan#33 » Wed Jul 25, 2007 7:25 pm

Why is it that every year teams almost never negotiate with their first round draft choices until a day or two before camp. I just heard Landry will most likely be a hold out! :evil:
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain"
(It is time to roll the dice) Tai'shar Manetheren

"Duty is heavier than a Mountain, Death is lighter than a feather" Tai'shar Malkier

RIP James Oliver Rigney, Jr. 1948-2007

Pushing Paper

Postby PulpExposure » Wed Jul 25, 2007 10:38 pm

Chris Luva Luva wrote:Vinny SMoot.

Ug, half cornerback, half professional sycophant?

~~~~~~

Postby Redskin in Canada » Fri Jul 27, 2007 10:26 pm

Interesting discussion about several positions. This is the year that Rogers -must- step up or else ...

... he will be relegated to backup corner for the rest of his tenure with us.

While I feel that a rotation might be put in place to protect Springs and to give several players opportunities, I have a gut feeling that Macklin is going to give others a run for their money. I am not really sure about Smoot as anything else other than a nickel back. His limitations got exposed in Minny. He had a terrible tenure there. It will be interesting to follow this competition. One thing is for sure, I feel A LOT better with this group compared to the former group last year!
Daniel Snyder has defined incompetence, failure and greed to true Washington Redskins fans over the last decade. Stay away from football operations !!!

and Jackson

Postby JansenFan » Sat Jul 28, 2007 6:41 am

It's only training camp, but I thought Rogers looked pretty good yesterday. He seems to be playing with a chip on his shoulder.
RIP 21

"Nah, I trust the laws of nature to stay constant. I don't pray that the sun will rise tomorrow, and I don't need to pray that someone will beat the Cowboys in the playoffs." - Irn-Bru

Fire in the Sky

Postby SkinsFreak » Sat Jul 28, 2007 7:34 am

JansenFan wrote:It's only training camp, but I thought Rogers looked pretty good yesterday. He seems to be playing with a chip on his shoulder.

Sweet, that's good to hear. I've never lost faith in this kid and I think he rebounds with a huge year. Thanks for posting that.

Return to Redskins Training Camp - 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007