Awesome Camp report (sarcasm)

Archive of our daily coverage of the Washington Redskins' 2003-2007 Training Camps.
Site Admin

Awesome Camp report (sarcasm)

Postby BossHog » Mon Jul 23, 2007 1:53 pm

Boy there's really some wonderful writing in the mainstream media. Here's the intellectual breakdown of what Redskin fans can expect to see this year at camp:

Washington Redskins
- Veterans report: July 30.

- Site: Washington Redskins headquarters, Ashburn, Va.

- Fan access: Free, most practices open to the public.

- 2006 record: 5-11

- Key changes: Linebacker London Fletcher arrives as a free agent, as do cornerbacks Fred Smoot (for his second stay) and David Macklin. Much is being expected of safety LaRon Landry, taken with the sixth overall pick in the draft. The departure of guard Derrick Dockery hurts.

- Key issues: Jason Campbell was OK last season after finally supplanting the aging Mark Brunell at quarterback, but he will be watched with scrutiny this season as fans yearn for an uptick in his progress. Then, of course, there's Hall of Fame coach Joe Gibbs. Does he still have it?

http://www.jacksonsun.com/apps/pbcs.dll ... /707230321

Wicked synopsis, and the parting shot was awesome too. I love these quick hitting pieces where shots are fired without rhyme or reason.

I get that the Jackson Sun doesn't know anything about the Redskins - so why bother?
Sean Taylor was one of a kind, may he rest in peace.

The Evil Straw

Postby Fios » Mon Jul 23, 2007 2:08 pm

Here, I'll do a quick one that all lazy outlets can use:

Team: Redskins, they have a racist name and their fans actively hate Native Americans

Site: Somewhere that Dan Snyder spent eleventy million on while forcing out homeless and using a shop-vac to dry out a swamp crucial to puppies and kittens

Fan access: It costs $800,000 to even be allowed to drown in the moat

2006 record: More losses than wins as usual since Joe Gibbs is old (LOL!) and Al Saunders has a playbook longer than the bible (LOL!) and Snyder spent too much money because he wants to buy a Super Bowl

Key changes: Snyder spent too much money on Deion Sanders and Bruce Smith who are old and now account for 97% of the salary cap, the team is way over the cap so no free agents signed except for the ones who signed because the team cheats

Key issue: Joe Gibbs is Father Time and he is old! (LOL!) Plus he's old! Also, the team spent way too much in free agency and didn't spend money addressing the things this media outlet gathered are the biggest problems based on a 10 second piece on ESPN wherein we confused John Clayton with Death.

*Note: Content provided by Sally Jenkins, that dude knows his football
RIP Sean Taylor

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Mon Jul 23, 2007 2:12 pm

Fios wrote:*Note: Content provided by Sally Jenkins, that dude knows his football

:lowblow:
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

Hog

Postby andyjens89 » Mon Jul 23, 2007 2:53 pm

hahahahaha Fios that was great =D>
XVII XXII XXVI

~~~~~~

Re: Awesome Camp report (sarcasm)

Postby Redskin in Canada » Wed Jul 25, 2007 7:59 pm

BossHog wrote:Boy there's really some wonderful writing in the mainstream media. Here's the intellectual breakdown of what Redskin fans can expect to see this year at camp:

Forgive me for asking a silly question:

Would any of these or other outlets not be willing to sponsor THN coverage of training camp in exchange of GREAT articles from THN staff?

Sorry for the obvious question but I really do not know the answer. I do know that there has been cooperation among several Skins websites in the past but these efforts have been funded outt of your collective private pockets.
Daniel Snyder has defined incompetence, failure and greed to true Washington Redskins fans over the last decade. Stay away from football operations !!!

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Thu Jul 26, 2007 7:11 am

Redskin in Canada wrote:
BossHog wrote:Boy there's really some wonderful writing in the mainstream media. Here's the intellectual breakdown of what Redskin fans can expect to see this year at camp:

Forgive me for asking a silly question:

Would any of these or other outlets not be willing to sponsor THN coverage of training camp in exchange of GREAT articles from THN staff?

Sorry for the obvious question but I really do not know the answer. I do know that there has been cooperation among several Skins websites in the past but these efforts have been funded outt of your collective private pockets.

Sure we could likely cover camp for one of these outlets - if we SIGN A WAIVER AGREEING NOT TO POST IT AT THN.

... and personally, I'm not all that interested in doing that. (I have in past year's done stuff for other people)

So if you follow the logic - a guy like the writer of the original post in this thread can write the drivel, nay, the non-sensical, uninformed drivel, that he writes and still likely get into Redskin Park with credentials - a staffer from THN who likely knows the Skins better than the back of his own hand - cannot due to politics.

But then again, the Redskin propoganda wheel continues to grow and grow and soon... even the most prolific of writers will be turned away. Last year there were only 6 or 7 beat writers TOTAL that were granted access to closed practices, that's such a small number when you consider how many there would or could be.

Without mentioning any names, I know of at least two relatively well known writers that were just flat out denied access this year.

So not only are they turning guys like us away, but they're turning away EVERYONE that they can.

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Thu Jul 26, 2007 8:14 am

BossHog wrote:Without mentioning any names, I know of at least two relatively well known writers that were just flat out denied access this year.

Please let it be Larry Michaels, please let it be Larry Michaels. . .
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

The Evil Straw

Postby Fios » Thu Jul 26, 2007 8:37 am

Irn-Bru wrote:
BossHog wrote:Without mentioning any names, I know of at least two relatively well known writers that were just flat out denied access this year.

ROTFALMAO
RIP Sean Taylor

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Thu Jul 26, 2007 8:40 am

Not touching it with a ten foot pool....

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Thu Jul 26, 2007 8:46 am

Irn-Bru wrote:

I cannot stand him. It's like he just waits around Redskins park all day and does nothing.

"Larry Micheal here with some exclusive news out of Redskins Park..."

20 Lexus Commercials

"Owner Daniel Snyder has just purchased new grass for the practice fields...Thanks for tuning in to Redskins TV for your Redskins breaking news."
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Thu Jul 26, 2007 9:04 am

Hey now... every single production that comes out of Redskin park has his name on it...

... you've seen some of the good stuff they put out on Redskins.com right?

Anyone?

Bueller?

Anyone?

Crickets chirping...

Anyone?

:oops:

I had no idea that Redskins.com TV was sponsored by Lexus...

|||||||

Postby UK Skins Fan » Thu Jul 26, 2007 2:08 pm

BossHog wrote:I had no idea that Redskins.com TV was sponsored by Lexus...
It is? Thanks, that's good information. :up:
Also available on Twitter @UKSkinsFan

Return to Redskins Training Camp - 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007