Sellers "injured"...

Archive of our daily coverage of the Washington Redskins' 2003-2007 Training Camps.
---

Sellers "injured"...

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Mon Jul 30, 2007 12:59 pm

http://blog.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/

Randoms: Mike Sellers was hobbled by a right knee injury this morning and had a huge ice bag taped to his leg. The team hopes it's nothing major, but there was definitely some concern among some coaches coming off the field...

Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

Hog

Postby everydayAskinsday » Mon Jul 30, 2007 1:05 pm

just saw that myself.. I hope its just a minor injury that comes with training camp and nothing that will cause him to miss more than a couple practices..

we have nothing like him waiting in the wings if hes goes down

mursilis

Postby Mursilis » Mon Jul 30, 2007 1:19 pm

everydayAskinsday wrote: we have nothing like him waiting in the wings if hes goes down

Can't they just shave another bear and put a uniform on him?
:lol:

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Mon Jul 30, 2007 1:58 pm

Mursilis wrote:
everydayAskinsday wrote: we have nothing like him waiting in the wings if hes goes down

Can't they just shave another bear and put a uniform on him?
:lol:

ROTFALMAO

That's classic.

Losing Sellers would be a big blow. Hope he's okay.
Sean Taylor was one of a kind, may he rest in peace.

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Mon Jul 30, 2007 2:58 pm

Supposedly it was just a bruise.

Jeez Boss, you sound so calm. "Losing Sellers would be a big blow...". I darn near wanted to cry. LOL
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

Hog

Postby Hooligan » Mon Jul 30, 2007 6:19 pm

Could we still plug Rock in there? Wasn't he the FB before Sellers?
"Even a stopped clock is right twice a day."

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Mon Jul 30, 2007 9:00 pm

Chris Luva Luva wrote:Jeez Boss, you sound so calm. "Losing Sellers would be a big blow...". I darn near wanted to cry. LOL

It's football Chris, not tiddlywinks. :wink: If you don't expect to have players go down for short, intermediate, and/or long periods of time... you're living a pipedream in my opinion.

If we lost Sellers, we WOULDN'T be able to replace him with anyone on the roster. But that doesn't mean that there aren't a lot of options within Saunders' offense to fall back on. I guess I just accept that injuries are a part of the game, and GOOD teams can play around them.

^^^^^^^

Postby frankcal20 » Tue Jul 31, 2007 12:40 pm

It just goes to show you, injuries happen to people who are not flexible and are not in shape. This off season, people were allowed to work out on their own and with 6-7 main guys going down in the first couple days, that has to tell you something....Ask Ray Brown about avoiding injuries. His Wife is a palates instructor.

The Evil Straw

Postby Fios » Tue Jul 31, 2007 1:29 pm

Man, you'd find a negative side to a sunrise at the beach
RIP Sean Taylor

|||||||

Postby UK Skins Fan » Tue Jul 31, 2007 1:52 pm

frankcal20 wrote:It just goes to show you, injuries happen to people who are not flexible and are not in shape.

So you're saying that Sellers is out of shape? I'm sure I was only reading yesterday what excellent shape he was in.
Also available on Twitter @UKSkinsFan

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Tue Jul 31, 2007 11:39 pm

frankcal20 wrote:It just goes to show you, injuries happen to people who are not flexible and are not in shape. This off season, people were allowed to work out on their own and with 6-7 main guys going down in the first couple days, that has to tell you something....Ask Ray Brown about avoiding injuries. His Wife is a palates instructor.

Come on bro... not like you to be so judgemental. it's football, people get hurt and it doesn't have anything to do with flexibility.

Besides... Sellers was back on the field today looking none the worse for wear.

I have no idea if Ray Brown's wife teaches pilates, but I can tell you that I ASKED Ray about it last year, and he told me that he'd only done Pilates a few times.

He did win a flexibility contest his last season here, but it wasn't because of Pilates. My 2 cents

Return to Redskins Training Camp - 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007