Portis still has tendonitis in knee

Archive of our daily coverage of the Washington Redskins' 2003-2007 Training Camps.
Hog

Portis still has tendonitis in knee

Postby everydayAskinsday » Wed Aug 01, 2007 9:16 am

"Redskins running back Clinton Portis was suffering from tendonitis in his knee during offseason workouts. It supposedly was healed before the start of training camp.

It isn't.

Portis missed practice on Tuesday due to the condition, which typically entails nagging pain at the bottom of the kneecap that gets worse with use. He is regarded as day-to-day.

Portis was plagued by injuries in 2006. Unless the 'Skins can get this thing cleared up, we might see more of a two-back approach this year, with Ladell Betts getting plenty of touches. "

saw this on www.profootballtalk.com ..hope this doesnt become a lingering issue all season

^^^^^^^^

Postby Gibbs' Hog » Wed Aug 01, 2007 9:20 am

Redskins.com said his knee was swollen the other day (from the tendonitis thing). I really hope this isn't one of those little season-long nagging things. But at least we know we can count on Betts if there are problems.

Hog

Postby BnGhog » Wed Aug 01, 2007 9:48 am

Damn!

This is really dissapointing. Not meaing toward Portis but to the nagging tendonits.

? How do you keep in shape and keep your legs strong when you have to stay off of it?
I firmly believe the Patriots are the antichrist.

Hog

Postby BernieSki » Wed Aug 01, 2007 9:51 am

I think it is called getoutofpracticeitis.
BernSki

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Wed Aug 01, 2007 9:56 am

BernieSki wrote:I think it is called getoutofpracticeitis.

TEH WINNAR!
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

^^^^^^^^

Postby Gibbs' Hog » Wed Aug 01, 2007 10:38 am

True dat. and I'm sure we all heard Portis talking the other day about how, if it was up to him, training camp would just be some Club-Med type resort or something...

Now I'm gonna have to come up with some way to explain the getoutofworkitis I've been having lately...

Fire in the Sky

Postby SkinsFreak » Wed Aug 01, 2007 12:42 pm

:lol: That's exactly what I was thinking.

I'm not worried about this at all. Tendonitis is not really a big deal; I have it in my elbow. It's more of a nuisance than anything. Portis will be fine. And after Portis' injury last year, I'd cut him a little slack as well. We need him when the season starts, not now. I'm sure he'll stay focused on conditioning and the playbook in the meantime. No biggie, IMO.

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Wed Aug 01, 2007 12:52 pm

He's been doing most of the practice work in terms of running and strength training, although he's missed most team-drill based exercises, since it's the cutting and juking that cause discomfort.
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

|||||||

Postby UK Skins Fan » Wed Aug 01, 2007 1:06 pm

I'm not panicking yet, but I do reserve the right to be a little concerned. Tendonitis may be a minor ailment for the average Joe, but I don't believe tendonitis of the knee is something not to be concerned about when it's your premier running back. And it's not as if this guy is just a straight-ahead, smashmouth kind of runner. His effectiveness has to be affected if this turns out to be a long term problem.

But it's only just August, so like I say, I'm not panicking.
Also available on Twitter @UKSkinsFan

Hog

Postby BnGhog » Wed Aug 01, 2007 2:14 pm

Im not panicking, but im watching, while biting my nails. Wait and see what happens.
I firmly believe the Patriots are the antichrist.

piggie

Postby num1skinsfan » Wed Aug 01, 2007 3:10 pm

Let's hope it just precautionary, and not a type of arthritus that will keep him out of ball games. Lots of NFL running backs have artritus throughout their career (aka: Terry Allen) , it just comes with the position. Clinton may be young in years, but not in carries. He has carried more than his share to date. Keeping Betts looks like a real good move right now, this is something we might not want to rush. Let Clinton play when he is ready and as we do have Rock Cartright waiting in the wings.....
"The harder I work the luckier I get"....
- Jack Kent Cook 1983

One Step Away

Postby VetSkinsFan » Thu Aug 02, 2007 9:50 am

Portis:
He needs to get done what he needs to get done. If he's iffy, pull him and use Betts. it worked last year for the running game when he wasn't fit to play.

Return to Redskins Training Camp - 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007