What will the Redskins record be at the break?

Washington Redskins' Game Day discussions for 2003, 2004, and 2005

6-1
11%
5-2
50%
4-3
39%
3-4
No votes

Total votes : 18
Hog

Postby skinsfanno9 » Sun Sep 28, 2003 7:51 pm

What looked like an impossible early schedule has become average. The Skins should be gunning for a 5-2 record at the break. Yes they could easily end up 3-4, but thats still better than many were predicting at this point. They have real chances to beat a HURTING phili and Buffalo team.

I really see the skins having signs of cleaning up their act. Special teams now look professional, the offense has strikes of brilliance and the defense occaisionally looks pretty dominant. They are not playing like superbowl champs but I see a nice trend happening here. They are playing better than their opponents. I would LOVE to see that continue next week.

sfir

Postby skinsfaninroanoke » Sun Sep 28, 2003 9:43 pm

I went with 5 - 2. I think that this was a good test - the loss to the Giants, the humiliation of the penalties, the weirdness of the loss.... now they bounce back to beat the Patsies. Despite the score, they handled them fairly well, and the majority of their penalties came late in that weird last series.

I feel like they are growing quickly, gelling well and learning fast. If this level of growth keeps up I will have to revise my 9-7 thoughts. If we make it through the break at 4-3 even... that would line us up for a 10-6 or better record facing teams not as strong in the second half. We were all sweating this half and not the second, remember?

I know it is soon to be thinking it, but I can't help it with the growth of Ramsey and the ease in which he and Coles are working well. The support cast of Betts and Canidate as well as the whole defense is so much better than last year....
Rich in Roanoke

Brown in the Hall

Postby NC43Hog » Sun Sep 28, 2003 10:04 pm

I still want to see a the Redskins play a complete game.

Until then I will go with 4-3 but hope I am wrong. While they have made great strides in this early season, they are still a very young team in terms of there development together.

The next 3 weeks will tell alot about this teams makeup and where our place will be in the post season.

10-6 is looking pretty realistic.
"Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son." - Dean Wormer

sfir

Postby skinsfaninroanoke » Mon Sep 29, 2003 6:06 am

I agree Speek, but I am trying to get the positive karma thing going ::grin::

om mani padme om....

::chuckle::
Rich in Roanoke

Brown in the Hall

Postby NC43Hog » Mon Sep 29, 2003 7:42 am

Hey Rich,

We can be happy the burgandy pants were back on the field this week - damn glad to lose the MR. CLEAN uniforms.

HTTR
"Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son." - Dean Wormer

sfir

Postby skinsfaninroanoke » Mon Sep 29, 2003 4:43 pm

Have something against big bald guys in white uni's?

LOL

Seriously, I am glad that wasn't a tradition that was gonna last forever...
Rich in Roanoke

... deep in TX

Postby Texas Hog » Mon Sep 29, 2003 4:50 pm

I went 4-3 simply because we haven't had that complete game and still have way too many stupid mistakes, whether it be special team blunders, penalties or coaching gaffs.....and even more so our schedule is brutal with 3 of the next 4 on the road and Tampa at home....I'd gladly trade the next three for a win in Dallas....but would obviously love a win in each....I think we can beat Philly and Buffalo....and have a shot to beat Tampa.
God bless our troops and Joe Gibbs.
We'll miss you, Joe.

#21 gone, but never forgotten.

sfir

Postby skinsfaninroanoke » Mon Sep 29, 2003 4:57 pm

I think that I am hopeful, TH, cause the coaches modified their calling to get the plays in quicker, there were less stupid penalties until that last series and the game plan seemed to be on track.

Truthfully, if George had gone to a man cover 2 d instead of that daggone prevent, the patsies probably wouldn't have scored that last TD. The proof is in how well the D shut down the next attempt NE had to score and couldn't - that was cover 2 man under. The two safeties drop back, the rest of the coverage is man to man. Boom - stopped. Cover 2 is the main d that Tampa runs. It can be lethal.

I really hate prevent... can you tell? :)
Rich in Roanoke

... deep in TX

Postby Texas Hog » Mon Sep 29, 2003 5:10 pm

I agree totally....the prevent....prevent you from winning.
We'll miss you, Joe.

sfir

Postby skinsfaninroanoke » Mon Sep 29, 2003 5:17 pm

Amen!
Rich in Roanoke

Postby LaVarArringtonFan » Mon Sep 29, 2003 6:17 pm

15-1 i'm optimistic.
Hail to the Redskins!!!!

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Mon Sep 29, 2003 8:56 pm

oh the prevent... the prevent..... is there a bigger joke in the NFL?

Offenses are just too good these days... they just march down the field in chunks... it's not preventing anything.

Like you said in the 5th Quarter though Rich... can't blame the D for the play calling. The players played well yesterday.

I can't believe Champ actually had a couple of good tackles... and with a bad wrist.
Sean Taylor was one of a kind, may he rest in peace.

sfir

Postby skinsfaninroanoke » Mon Sep 29, 2003 9:51 pm

Yep, he proved to be a trouper... but there was a quote somewhere that bugged me... if I can find it again I will...

I wish we could kidnap George and lobotomize the prevent from his brain. My coach used to say that the prevent was the easiest way to prove that we knew how to sit back on our butts. Called it the lazy man's defense.

Of course... he was a blitz lover... as a LB I had 23 sacks in 10 games :) Keep in mind it was intramural football in the military, but they were damn serious about it... our defensive playbook was quite thick and involved a lot of stunts and blitzes.

Nothing more tasty than that old QB sub for lunch. Of course... I did love to catch those backs coming off a sweep when they didn't see me behind the linemen obscuring me until we both cleared the end at the same time :)
Rich in Roanoke

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Tue Sep 30, 2003 6:51 am

Yep, he proved to be a trouper... but there was a quote somewhere that bugged me... if I can find it again I will...

I've given up caring what Champ says.I think he's just starting to like the sound of his own voice. As long as he plays well, I'm happy.

But then again, I'm already scouring the DB free agents to see who's going to replace him as it seems a foregone conclusion that he will not be back. And as sad as that will be, everyone remember what a whiner he has become. There awill be some top DB's available, so Champ better choose a contract wisely or he'll get burned.

Troy Vincent, Bobby Taylor, Will Peterson, and Will Allen are all 2004 FA prospects without even leaving our own division. Of course Taylor may have a contract by then (if the Eagles want him to play in 2003), but his recent antics are hardly endearing to a football team.
Sean Taylor was one of a kind, may he rest in peace.

... deep in TX

Postby Texas Hog » Tue Sep 30, 2003 2:01 pm

Sad story on Champ.....I'm sorry to hear that about his whining.....I don't care how good he is....that's not healthy for the team....and anyone can be replaced.....did he not learn a thing from Daryl? He should be ashamed that he didn't.
We'll miss you, Joe.

Return to Washington Redskins Game Day - 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006