Fantasy football

Wanna talk about politics, your favorite hockey team... vegetarian recipes?
Hog

Fantasy football

Postby floridaskinsfan » Fri Apr 02, 2004 10:24 am

Questions:
1. With David Boston going to Miami is he now a top 10 receiver? top 15? top 20?
2. Where do you rank Corey Dillon assuming the trade with Oakland goes through?
3. What have you heard lately about Jamal Lewis' problems with the law? If it isn't going to be fixed until after the season (alla Kobey Bryant) where do you take him?
4. How many running backs should be taken before the first quarterback? Who is it... Manning, Culpepper, someone else?

Hog

Postby BringThePain! » Fri Apr 02, 2004 10:28 am

i'd say Boston falls somewhere in the 10 - 15 spot.... He gonna be back with his old WR coach, in Miami... but... who's gonna throw to him???? plus who knows if he will get back to his old ways...
**SPECIAL EDITION**

CurveBall - "It might be YOUR biggest game of the year but it really doesn't seem to be as big a deal for Dallas fans anymore."

Oopsies! What's that taste like?

Hog

Postby BringThePain! » Fri Apr 02, 2004 10:31 am

Corey Dillion is another iffy guy.... he hasn't run in years... he's older.... i'm sure there 10 or 15 backs that would do better then him.... Although... norv does like to run... but he'll still have to compete for time with wheatley and fargas
**SPECIAL EDITION**

CurveBall - "It might be YOUR biggest game of the year but it really doesn't seem to be as big a deal for Dallas fans anymore."

Hog

Postby BringThePain! » Fri Apr 02, 2004 10:33 am

If Lewis is free from this whole coke thing by start of season... he's still a top back.... if it's not cleared up.... take him as your 2nd back and get a third back that will do well.
**SPECIAL EDITION**

Hog

Postby floridaskinsfan » Fri Apr 02, 2004 10:33 am

I like Fargas. I hope he competes. He had flashes last year and he looked good last pre-season.

Hog

Postby BringThePain! » Fri Apr 02, 2004 10:35 am

I always take a RB with my first 2 picks...they go too fast in draft... and you'll be hating it all season if you don't have a couple decent backs.... so if some how you can land Manning, or Culpepper in the 3rd round... well then your probably golden... but most likely that won't happen...
**SPECIAL EDITION**

Hog

Postby BringThePain! » Fri Apr 02, 2004 10:37 am

floridaskinsfan wrote:I like Fargas. I hope he competes. He had flashes last year and he looked good last pre-season.

He was drafted in the 3rd round and was pretty highly reguarded coming out of USC.... i can't seem him not getting a chance before 2 long..
**SPECIAL EDITION**

Hog

Postby floridaskinsfan » Fri Apr 02, 2004 10:38 am

I agree with the running backs. But with the league I was in last year, Manning was the #1 fantasy point scorer. That makes it tough not to take him with a 2nd pick.

Hog

Postby BringThePain! » Fri Apr 02, 2004 10:51 am

floridaskinsfan wrote:I agree with the running backs. But with the league I was in last year, Manning was the #1 fantasy point scorer. That makes it tough not to take him with a 2nd pick.

Yeah, Manning's great for a QB... he's pretty consistent and will get you alot of points.... but your taking a risk if you don't draft RB in the first couple rounds....

lets say you are the 4th pick in a 10 team league....

you take Manning at 4...

there's 12 picks in between you and your next pick... at least 8 of those will be RB... plus the 3 that where probably drafted before Manning... that means you'll get the #1 QB in the league and the #12 RB and probably at the most #16 RB w/ your next pick

So your team would look like this:
#1 QB
#12 RB
#16 RB

If you took 2 RB first you could Probably land a top 5 QB in the Third round

so your team would look like this...

#4 RB
#12 RB
#5 QB

i think the latter will get you a better team... if you can land manning with that 2nd pick then go for it... other wise I'd stick with RB, RB, QB :)
**SPECIAL EDITION**

Hog

Postby floridaskinsfan » Fri Apr 02, 2004 10:58 am

if you can land manning with that 2nd pick then go for it... other wise I'd stick with RB, RB, QB

I would not take a QB first, I may consider it with the 2nd pick. It is still risky, I agree. Do you take Portis if you have the #1 pick?

Hog

Postby BringThePain! » Fri Apr 02, 2004 11:06 am

No... i like safe picks... I'd go with tomlinson..or holmes before portis.... not sure if portis will still succeed with his big money and being out of denver
**SPECIAL EDITION**

Hog

Postby floridaskinsfan » Fri Apr 02, 2004 11:10 am

I like Tomlinson as my first pick. I don't think Holmes can repeat his past performances (I also thought that at the beginning of last seaon and was wrong).

Hog

Postby BringThePain! » Fri Apr 02, 2004 11:15 am

floridaskinsfan wrote:I like Tomlinson as my first pick. I don't think Holmes can repeat his past performances (I also thought that at the beginning of last seaon and was wrong).

Yeah holmes was #1 RB last year... but i don't like the injury history... thats why i put Tomlinson first...
**SPECIAL EDITION**

~~~

Postby Champsturf » Fri Apr 02, 2004 3:42 pm

you guys are forgetting how good Deuce Mccallister is...not a bad choice at all.
You'll always be remembered Sean. R.I.P.

Hog

Postby BringThePain! » Fri Apr 02, 2004 3:53 pm

Champsturf wrote:you guys are forgetting how good Deuce Mccallister is...not a bad choice at all.

Deuce is good... but the Saints aren't known to use him enough when there behind... which often times.. they are..

he's still a top 10 RB though
**SPECIAL EDITION**

Return to The Lounge