Betts & Whitticker HURT!

Archive of our daily coverage of the Washington Redskins' 2003-2007 Training Camps.
spudstr04

Betts & Whitticker HURT!

Postby spudstr04 » Mon Aug 06, 2007 7:25 pm

Ladell Betts will have his neck X-rayed after jamming it on Monday.

Betts got run over by Marcus Washington in a blitz pickup drill. The ailment isn't thought to be severe and the X-rays are said to be precautionary.

Redskins G Will Whitticker suffered a high ankle sprain at practice Monday.

Whitticker had been making a case to be Washington's No. 3 guard, but will now be out indefinitely. The former Packer will undergo an MRI on Tuesday.

http://www.rotoworld.com
#21 = Forever in our hearts

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:53 pm

We may be saying goodbye to Whitticker.
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

Hog

Postby andyjens89 » Tue Aug 07, 2007 12:57 am

Not good to hear about Betts, hope he recovers quickly, we need him if we're going to make a run
XVII XXII XXVI

Hog

Postby BnGhog » Tue Aug 07, 2007 8:28 am

I seen that hit from Marcus and they were talking to Betts on Comcast after, he really didn't seem hurt. I think, and hope it is precautionary.
I firmly believe the Patriots are the antichrist.

Hog

Postby BernieSki » Tue Aug 07, 2007 8:40 am

Glad to here that Marcus can still pack a hit. I hope that Betts is OK we are going to need him.
BernSki

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Tue Aug 07, 2007 9:11 am

Irn-Bru wrote:We may be saying goodbye to Whitticker.

Do you think we should? He may be ready to go just as someone else is about to go down. I think if he has shown any kind of decency thus far that we may need to hold onto any linemen we can at this point. What do you think?
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Tue Aug 07, 2007 9:43 am

Chris Luva Luva wrote:Do you think we should? He may be ready to go just as someone else is about to go down. I think if he has shown any kind of decency thus far that we may need to hold onto any linemen we can at this point. What do you think?

I agree that we'll be holding on to our linemen for now. Injuries at this point really mean opportunities for no-names to step in and impress the coaches (Heyer apparently has been quite good at Tackle).

Guard is a weaker spot for us right now, since Wade is making a tough adjustment and the Redskins are concerned about Thomas' knee. I would say that the biggest question right now is whether Mike Pucillo and Ross Tucker (another natural tackle converted to guard) will step up. If both of them prove to be adequate, then we may be saying goodbye to Whitticker. It's definitely too early to tell, so maybe I should have qualified that first post.

I think that you are right, CLL. LG is a very ?? spot this season, so the Redskins might try to hang on to every option as long as possible.
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

Return to Redskins Training Camp - 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007