Will Whitticker

Archive of our daily coverage of the Washington Redskins' 2003-2007 Training Camps.
newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Oct 12, 2006 9:02 am
Location: Marion, IN

Will Whitticker

Postby smitty46953 » Sun Aug 05, 2007 11:13 am

Hello Hog Fans, I am an avid Colts fan and one of the Moderators @ the Colts F2F Alliance site. I joined here to keep track of how Will Whitticker is doing. Will is a local kid (Marion, IN) who has always seemed to have his head screwed on right. Was glad to see the Skins give the kid a chance I am sure he will fit in well with your team... If anyone has any news I would appreciate it !!!

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 803
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2007 4:57 pm
Location: Fredericksburg Virginia

Postby ChocolateMilk » Sun Aug 05, 2007 2:13 pm

last thing i heard is that todd wade is the starter but whitticker was turning heads and starting to chellenge for the spot...
R.I.P. Sean Taylor

You will be missed, but never forgotten

FanFromAnnapolis
Posts: 11086
Joined: Sat Mar 20, 2004 6:01 pm
Location: on the bandwagon

Re: Will Whitticker

Postby Irn-Bru » Sun Aug 05, 2007 9:20 pm

smitty46953 wrote:Hello Hog Fans, I am an avid Colts fan and one of the Moderators @ the Colts F2F Alliance site. I joined here to keep track of how Will Whitticker is doing. Will is a local kid (Marion, IN) who has always seemed to have his head screwed on right. Was glad to see the Skins give the kid a chance I am sure he will fit in well with your team... If anyone has any news I would appreciate it !!!



He's been struggling to stand out in this camp. From the reports I've heard, it sounds like he's not as tough as the Skins would like him to be.

However, Todd Wade, who was a tackle last year and who is slated for that spot, has had a very difficult transition. I don't think the matter is settled quite yet.
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 803
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2007 4:57 pm
Location: Fredericksburg Virginia

Postby ChocolateMilk » Sun Aug 05, 2007 10:24 pm

yeah id take his word over mine.. i heard my info a while back and wasnt really sure how accurate it was.
R.I.P. Sean Taylor

You will be missed, but never forgotten

Site Admin
Posts: 9282
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2003 7:34 am
Location: London, Ontario

Re: Will Whitticker

Postby BossHog » Mon Aug 06, 2007 6:50 am

smitty46953 wrote:Hello Hog Fans, I am an avid Colts fan and one of the Moderators @ the Colts F2F Alliance site. I joined here to keep track of how Will Whitticker is doing. Will is a local kid (Marion, IN) who has always seemed to have his head screwed on right. Was glad to see the Skins give the kid a chance I am sure he will fit in well with your team... If anyone has any news I would appreciate it !!!


First off, welcome to the site.

I apologize for the delay in answering but i just got back from camp myself.

I wish I could give you a good analysis of what's going on at guard, but it's near impossible with the way practices are now carried out. It used to be that you could really get a good glimpse of the battle at training camp, but not anymore.

The public only get to go to open practices... and open practices have become as generic and vanilla as humanly possible. They're glorified walk-throughs at best. I'd LOVE to be able to tell you that the two are embroiled in a battle, but I don't know.

I'd love to be able to tell you that the beat reporters who DO get to watch the closed practices could give you a much better idea, but alas, they don't seem very observant. They huddle together in a mass at practice and fill out each other's reports.

Of course, you could log on to Redskins.com and get some reports on how the Redskins definitively have the greatest 100-man roster ever assembled... and every one of those guys is near perfect and would start virtually anywhere else in the league. :celebrate:

So I guess the answer is... we don't know... nobody but Joe knows... and when he's good and ready, apparently he'll let us all know what we think. :hmm:

We have a few guys battling for the depth positions on the o-line - Whitticker is one of them, along with Ross Tucker, Mike Pucillo, Taylor Whitley, Stephon Heyer, and Jason Fabini. We typically only keep eight OL which would mean that two or three have to go - Whitticker is likely about the middle of the pack as it stands right now.
Sean Taylor was one of a kind, may he rest in peace.

and Jackson
Posts: 8384
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2003 9:37 am
Location: Charles Town, WV

Postby JansenFan » Mon Aug 06, 2007 7:32 am

I'll be talking to Ross Tucker today. I'll try to get an update for you.
RIP 21

"Nah, I trust the laws of nature to stay constant. I don't pray that the sun will rise tomorrow, and I don't need to pray that someone will beat the Cowboys in the playoffs." - Irn-Bru

newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Oct 12, 2006 9:02 am
Location: Marion, IN

Postby smitty46953 » Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:08 am

Thanks everyone for the updates. Nice site you have here. Will continue to visit if Ok with all... 8)

and Jackson
Posts: 8384
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2003 9:37 am
Location: Charles Town, WV

Postby JansenFan » Mon Aug 06, 2007 5:56 pm

Well, bad news. Will was carted off the field half way through practice with an apparant knee injury.
RIP 21

"Nah, I trust the laws of nature to stay constant. I don't pray that the sun will rise tomorrow, and I don't need to pray that someone will beat the Cowboys in the playoffs." - Irn-Bru

^^^^^^^
Posts: 9017
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2004 4:52 pm

Postby frankcal20 » Tue Aug 07, 2007 5:42 pm

The Redskins have cut offensive lineman Will Whittiker and have signed running back Dee Brown, who played last year in Kansas City.


http://blog.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/

Thats really too bad. But if a guy can't stay off of the trainers table and get his butt on the field, we can't use a spot for him. But its too bad.

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 1045
Joined: Sat Aug 14, 2004 8:56 pm
Location: New Jersey

Postby Hooligan » Wed Aug 08, 2007 10:35 am

That's a shame. It looked like he had promise.

On another note, he reports that Bryant Shaw may have been released, then later on says he had cramps and wasn't on the field. Little unprofessional, no?
"Even a stopped clock is right twice a day."

^^^^^^^
Posts: 9017
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2004 4:52 pm

Postby frankcal20 » Wed Aug 08, 2007 1:40 pm

Its probably not the best way to have handled it but shaw isnt going to make the team i dont think. He is normally very accurate with his info but this time I think he was assuming.

Site Admin
Posts: 9282
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2003 7:34 am
Location: London, Ontario

Postby BossHog » Wed Aug 08, 2007 1:48 pm

Hooligan wrote:On another note, he reports that Bryant Shaw may have been released, then later on says he had cramps and wasn't on the field. Little unprofessional, no?


... yeah, but it's ONLY his blog, so he doesn't have to do pesky, mundane things like check facts or actually try to find a real answer, it's much easier just to speculate and then go back on what you said and hope that everyone still thinks anything you say is worth reading. :whistle:

The guy is one of the few beat writers with access to closed practice. All he'd have to do to find out the answer is ASK. The Redskins may be tight-lipped with many people, but as the lead writer for the Post, jason would get an immediate response... and it seems it would have been prudent to at least try and do so in this instance. My 2 cents
Sean Taylor was one of a kind, may he rest in peace.

^^^^^^^
Posts: 9017
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2004 4:52 pm

Postby frankcal20 » Wed Aug 08, 2007 11:34 pm

Here is something else. Its his blog but he phones in updates to this girl (I don't know her name) who then posts the info. I wonder if she could have gotten it wrong. I think that your reading into it too much. Its not the end of the world.

Site Admin
Posts: 9282
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2003 7:34 am
Location: London, Ontario

Postby BossHog » Thu Aug 09, 2007 6:54 am

frankcal20 wrote:Here is something else. Its his blog but he phones in updates to this girl (I don't know her name) who then posts the info. I wonder if she could have gotten it wrong.


Why does that matter? I think he would have said something to that affect AFTER if that was the case - he didn't. It was his mistake. This is the WASHINGTON POST... not Harry's Discount Blog Center.

frankcal20 wrote:I think that your reading into it too much. Its not the end of the world.


You're entitled to your opinion but ask a JOURNALIST what they think. I asked two local reporters about it today -- first response, 'That's despicable.'

Second response, 'Wow, it's not that long ago that we'd be fired for such unfounded, unchecked misinformation.'

So you can say it isn't that big of a deal all you like - it is to some... but the Post is counting on you doing exactly what you're doing - thinking, 'bah, it's just his blog.'.

I personally just look at it as another reason to not put any faith in anything written by the Post... and more and more these days, I usually tend to think, 'bah, it's just Jason.' :roll:
Sean Taylor was one of a kind, may he rest in peace.

^^^^^^^
Posts: 9017
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2004 4:52 pm

Postby frankcal20 » Thu Aug 09, 2007 10:10 am

BossHog wrote:
frankcal20 wrote:Here is something else. Its his blog but he phones in updates to this girl (I don't know her name) who then posts the info. I wonder if she could have gotten it wrong.


Why does that matter? I think he would have said something to that affect AFTER if that was the case - he didn't. It was his mistake. This is the WASHINGTON POST... not Harry's Discount Blog Center.

frankcal20 wrote:I think that your reading into it too much. Its not the end of the world.


You're entitled to your opinion but ask a JOURNALIST what they think. I asked two local reporters about it today -- first response, 'That's despicable.'

Second response, 'Wow, it's not that long ago that we'd be fired for such unfounded, unchecked misinformation.'

So you can say it isn't that big of a deal all you like - it is to some... but the Post is counting on you doing exactly what you're doing - thinking, 'bah, it's just his blog.'.

I personally just look at it as another reason to not put any faith in anything written by the Post... and more and more these days, I usually tend to think, 'bah, it's just Jason.' :roll:



I'm sure that he gets a pass because like you said, he has access like no one else in our camp. I haven't been following it as long as you have but since I've been reading his stuff, he at least says what needs to be said when he criticizes the team. Similar to Brian Mitchell not like Larry Michael wh never sees anything wrong in DC.

Return to Redskins Training Camp - 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007