Screw Pat Summerall

Wanna talk about politics, your favorite hockey team... vegetarian recipes?
+++++++++

Screw Pat Summerall

Postby Skinsfan55 » Fri Apr 02, 2004 4:47 pm

Call me insensitive, but screw Pat Summerall...

You know what, you only get ONE liver, if you get one that's faulty by nature only then should you be allowed a transplant if someone passes on to make an operation possible, but if you destroy your own liver by filtering alcohol through it for 40 years then you're S.O.L... Sorry, no new liver for you.

Livers aren't like kidneys... someone must die in order to give you their liver; thus they are very rare to come across. They don't grow on trees and should be given only to the most worthy.

Now some of you might be thinking "Well, you might have a point, but alcoholism is a disease!!" What a load of horsepucky. Alcoholism is no more of a disease than overeating, or cigarette smoking. I know people who are alcoholics/overeaters/smokers and to victimize them is stupid… To try and help them see the light and working to get them to: get off the bottle/put the fork down/stop smoking is one thing, but to pretend it's not a conscious decision is plain gullibility.

I will grant you that Pat Summerall has been sober for nearly 12 years and I applaud him for it... but years ago he made a conscious decision to drink and he ruined a vital organ which should by all rights be costing him his life.

That may seem a little callous but the man is 73 freaking years old, he's lived a rich and full life, enjoying a great deal of success as a broadcast journalist, and now he's using his wealth and fame to cheat death and while he’s at it he’s probably depriving a much more worthy recipient of a new liver. All so he can live for another 10 years at best.

Is anyone else utterly disgusted?
Last edited by Skinsfan55 on Fri Apr 02, 2004 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

... deep in TX

Postby Texas Hog » Fri Apr 02, 2004 6:00 pm

you've convinced me, 55! give em, hell

I also agree about the "disease" nonsense on all counts!
God bless our troops and Joe Gibbs.
We'll miss you, Joe.

#21 gone, but never forgotten.

Mmmm...donuts
Location: How much text will they let me fit in this 'Location' space? I mean, can I just keep writing and wr

Postby joebagadonuts » Sat Apr 03, 2004 12:27 pm

did summerall jump the list of others awaiting an available liver, just because of his 'fame' status?
I'm a jack of all trades, the master of three
Rockin' the tables, rockin' the mikes, rockin' the young lay-dees.

+++++++++

Postby Skinsfan55 » Sat Apr 03, 2004 2:11 pm

"did summerall jump the list of others awaiting an available liver, just because of his 'fame' status?"

Who knows, but reguardless it leaves a bad taste in my mouth

Mmmm...donuts
Location: How much text will they let me fit in this 'Location' space? I mean, can I just keep writing and wr

Postby joebagadonuts » Sat Apr 03, 2004 3:04 pm

Skinsfan55 wrote:Who knows, but reguardless it leaves a bad taste in my mouth

well, clarice, maybe all you need is to enjoy it with a nice chianti. ha ha! get it?!? liver? taste in your mouth? woo! i kill me!
I'm a jack of all trades, the master of three
Rockin' the tables, rockin' the mikes, rockin' the young lay-dees.

+++++++++

Postby Skinsfan55 » Sat Apr 03, 2004 3:10 pm

ha

ha

fava beans too, I get it :roll:

:lol:

aka Evil Hog

Postby hailskins666 » Sun Apr 04, 2004 8:17 am

if i had the $$$ and was 73, i'd pay for a new liver too if i needed it. its not like he can take all that $$$ with him. and as for the guy who could have used it.... tough luck bud, its a dog eat dog world. or in this case a dog eats liver world :lol:

BTW i'm moving this thread to the lounge, it has nothing to do with football.
THN's resident jerk.

Glock .40 Model 22 - First* line of home defense.... 'ADT' is for liberals.

Postby redskinz4ever » Mon Apr 05, 2004 6:58 pm

skinsfan55 i bet that if that where a family member of yours and someone said this about them your views would change.just think about it.REDSKINZ4EVER!!!
Last edited by redskinz4ever on Tue Apr 06, 2004 6:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Brown in the Hall

Postby NC43Hog » Mon Apr 05, 2004 9:52 pm

Lighten up SkinsFan55, you'd think by your post he was after your liver. :lol:

There but by the grace of God go I.
"Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son." - Dean Wormer

Return to The Lounge