GODSMACK.METALLICA

Wanna talk about politics, your favorite hockey team... vegetarian recipes?
Mmmm...donuts
Location: How much text will they let me fit in this 'Location' space? I mean, can I just keep writing and wr

Postby joebagadonuts » Sat Apr 03, 2004 3:06 pm

the s&m version of 'battery' is the most kick-assest song around, imo. 'one' rocks too.
I'm a jack of all trades, the master of three
Rockin' the tables, rockin' the mikes, rockin' the young lay-dees.

Postby redskinz4ever » Sat Apr 03, 2004 4:18 pm

brandon 777 i was not cracking on yngwie he is the best ever learning classical music and combining that with rockin guitar.the lyrics are pretty much all about love , knights, dragons, and crap like that.pretty gay to me! REDSKINZ4EVER!!!

Postby redskinz4ever » Sat Apr 03, 2004 6:05 pm

joebagadonuts age has nothing to do with the type of music you should or should not listen to. i was born in 1969 i will always listen to and love metal."MUSIC IS MY WEAPON" i also listen to many other types of music like jewel and many others... but i'am a metalhead 1st.REDSKINZ4EVER!!!
TOUCHDOWN .....WASHINGTON REDSKINS !!!!

Postby Brandon777 » Sat Apr 03, 2004 8:35 pm

BringThePain! wrote:
Brandon777 wrote:Death to Dave Matthews, MatchBox 20, and other crap. THAT IS WHAT"S GAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey man! .... take it easy on Dave.... you obviously haven't listend to enough of his stuff, or seen him and the band live....lyrically he's one of the best out there.... plus those guys know how to jam.....

Have you ever tried playing any of his stuff... it's tuff... he's really good when making up his riffs....

don't knock it before you try it ;)
I hate Dave Matthews music! I've learned a couple of his songs and it takes zero talent to play them. Their overall band has some talent, but to me their just way to slow. When I listen to Dave Matthews I want to close my eyes and sleep. I feel my metabolism slow when his songs are playing. Who cares about his live show. I've never been to one, but I've seen his concerts on computer and dvds. There's a lot of lights. Wow. I'd rather see Ozzy with all those lights instead of Dave. As far as playing his songs, I only learned them because a couple of pot heads I know wanted to hear it. I've listened to Dave a lot against my will. When I was at UNCW, thats all they listened to. But everyone has their own opinion. I'm not a big fan of folk music. To me Dave Matthews is modern folk.
Last edited by Brandon777 on Sat Apr 03, 2004 9:38 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Let us all gather around and drink the Cooley-Aid of the Redskins.

Mmmm...donuts
Location: How much text will they let me fit in this 'Location' space? I mean, can I just keep writing and wr

Postby joebagadonuts » Sat Apr 03, 2004 8:40 pm

redskinz4ever wrote:joebagadonuts age has nothing to do with the type of music you should or should not listen to. i was born in 1969 i will always listen to and love metal."MUSIC IS MY WEAPON" i also listen to many other types of music like jewel and many others... but i'am a metalhead 1st.REDSKINZ4EVER!!!

i know, but it just always strikes me as odd when a 'young' person is into 'older' stuff like that. there's nothing wrong with it, i guess i'm just accustomed to people listening to the music of their generation. speaking of which, i've got digital underground bumping right now. good stuff.

Postby Brandon777 » Sat Apr 03, 2004 8:43 pm

redskinz4ever wrote:brandon 777 i was not cracking on yngwie he is the best ever learning classical music and combining that with rockin guitar.the lyrics are pretty much all about love , knights, dragons, and crap like that.pretty gay to me! REDSKINZ4EVER!!!
Calling his songs gay is cracking on him. I do see your point though. I would never take a girl out a play Yngwie in my car. I look at his music like I watch movies. The Lord of the Rings trilogy are great movies. They have that elf, hobbit thing going on. Its not reality by no means, but the movies still rock. Thats how I look at Yngwie's music. It is what it is. Fantasy.

Postby redskinz4ever » Sat Apr 03, 2004 9:02 pm

brandon777 what other bands and guitar solo artists are you into?REDSKINZ4EVER!!!

Postby Brandon777 » Sat Apr 03, 2004 9:33 pm

redskinz4ever wrote:brandon777 what other bands and guitar solo artists are you into?REDSKINZ4EVER!!!
I love 80's bands. Keep in mind I'm 31. The 80's is my generation, but I listen to some new stuff. I love old solo Ozzy, with Randy Rhoads and Jake E Lee. I like old Metallica, Anthrax, Megadeth and other thrash metal. I also like some glam bands such as Ratt, Motley Crue, Dokken, etc. A lot of people prejudge LA glam bands by the way they dressed like chicks, but it was all a gimmick at the time. Most of them were dating supermodels and playboy bunnys. I also like Journey a lot. I love Steve Perry's voice.
Last edited by Brandon777 on Mon Apr 05, 2004 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mmmm...donuts

Postby joebagadonuts » Sat Apr 03, 2004 10:41 pm

the glam stuff is pretty funny to look back on. i was (and still am) a motley crue fan, and i look back at the theater of pain disc, they do look pretty silly. all that 80's stuff is fun to listen to, if you grew up with it. i have no doubt that somewhere down the line, i'll be listening to 80's music on the 'classic rock' station, and my kids will moan 'daaaaaad, that stuff sucks. change the channel'.

sfir

Postby skinsfaninroanoke » Sat Apr 03, 2004 11:40 pm

I just ordered a bunch of Kansas and Styx today :)
Rich in Roanoke

aka Evil Hog

Postby hailskins666 » Sun Apr 04, 2004 8:01 am

ok, please don't ever mention dave matthews in a metal thread ever again, even if you aren't saying its metal. that crap makes me want to :puke:
it's cool to see that there is more than just 2 metalheads on the board. :) someone mention clutch? :rock: i've seen those guys more times than i could count on my fingers, and probably toes too. :lol: cool guys, i've met them on several occasions. good stuff.
a few other bands that haven't been mentioned that should have: fear factory, helmet, machine head(well there were really good till logan madder(spelling? ) left the band for soulfly, which he also left for some idiodic reason?? ).
as far as guitarist, there aren't many in the modern age that i'd give any props to. zakk wylde, and dimebag are the best as of late on the metal scene. i also am a really big fan of eddie van halen. i don't really like the band all that much, but his guitar playing is untouchable. eruption has got to be the best solo piece ever done.
THN's resident jerk.

Glock .40 Model 22 - First* line of home defense.... 'ADT' is for liberals.

aka Evil Hog

Postby hailskins666 » Sun Apr 04, 2004 5:38 pm

Also, all of you metalheads out there need to check out 'lamb of god' and 'shadows fall'. both are very, very f'ing hardcore, and extremely aggresive.... good stuff. :rock:
THN's resident jerk.

Glock .40 Model 22 - First* line of home defense.... 'ADT' is for liberals.

Postby redskinz4ever » Mon Apr 05, 2004 7:18 am

has anyone seen the tour going on right now its metallica and godsmack they are coming to charlotte,nc april23rd.i've got my tickets just wondering what the stage and setup is.RESKINZ4EVER!!!

Hog

Postby ChiliPalmer » Thu Apr 08, 2004 8:38 am

I'm 37, and in the 80's metal scene, I was loving it. Also a guitar player. But, alas, I am getting old.

I hear bands like "Lamb of God" and some others, and it all sounds the same to me. That affected growling vocal and standard "crunch in a box" guitar tone is heavy, but to me, it's the same disc over and over. They just put four different guys wih dreads and bags under their eyes on the back cover, and a different colored spider on the front cover, an give it a different name. Preferably with "God" somewhere in the title. I don't get Korn, either. But, like I said...I am getting old.

I know that after a certain age, you lose your ability to be cool, but I'm glad that the music from my early twenties was usually about getting some and not about how much God and my fellow humans hate me.

Now, more old man ranting. Dave Matthews: I'll give him one thing, chicks dig his music. He's Van Morrison 30 years later. You hear him once and say, "that's pretty cool". You hear him twice and realize that you shoulda stopped at once. But, he's talented, and so is his band, just not my cup of tea.

Yngwie is always one of the focal points I use when I talk about guitar playing, or music in general. Amazingly talented and fast. Angus Young couldn't begin to approach Yngwie's ability. But I'll reach for an AC/DC disc 500 times before I dust off one of Yngwie's. Yngwie is the anti Britney Spears. Huge talent and no audience vs. no talent and a huge audience. But the ability to garner an audience is not without merit.

Music has always been a "to each his own" kind of thing, but so many people don't look at it that way. So many like what they are supposed to like. There are surely some people who actually like Yngwie or Mahavishnu Orchestra or King Crimson, I could go on and on. But many (not too many) listen because they are considered "artist's artists". If I listen to them, I am cool. No you're not. You're cool if you listen to what moves you. Unless Madonna moves you...then you're not cool. There ARE exceptions to the rule.

I'm unashamed that I listen to music that falls between big talent and mass appeal. It's where my niche lies. When I want heavy, I listen to old Metallica or Megadeth. When I don't, I listen to Clapton or Steely Dan. When I want fun, I listen to KISS, Van Halen or even Ratt. Guitar players? I'll take Eddie Van Halen or Zakk Wylde.

End of diatribe...
My car doesn't go fast, but if you're important, people will wait for you.

No, Danny, NO!!

Postby redskinz4ever » Sun Apr 25, 2004 2:27 pm

just saw the MADLY IN ANGER WITH THE WORLD tour with opening act GODSMACK...totally kicked ass.godsmack is even better than exspected.metallica only played 2 songs of st.anger???but they played for 2-1\2 hours.if they come to your town don't miss out.totally worth $75.00.REDSKINZ4EVER-METALLICA4EVER!!!!

Return to The Lounge