Site Issues

New to the board? Please check out the rules here first. We will also post news about the website here.
Site Admin

Site Issues

Postby admin » Sun Sep 09, 2007 9:37 am

It seems that we're having a few site issues today... we're working on finding out what's going on.

The board seems to be working but it is a little quirky and slow... the website itself doesn't seem to be working at all right now.

For now we'll leave the board open while we troubleshoot the problem, but just a heads up that we may have to shut the board down at some time today for maintenance and or fixing.

Thanks.

Hog

Postby GSPODS » Sun Sep 09, 2007 10:11 am

admin wrote:It seems that we're having a few site issues today... we're working on finding out what's going on.

The board seems to be working but it is a little quirky and slow... the website itself doesn't seem to be working at all right now.

For now we'll leave the board open while we troubleshoot the problem, but just a heads up that we may have to shut the board down at some time today for maintenance and or fixing.

Thanks.
Thanks. I thought my ISP was screwing up yet again.

Site Admin

Postby admin » Sun Sep 09, 2007 10:41 am

update:

Turns out it wasn't me. :up:

There was an issue with a software upgrade on the server from last night that was causing the problem, so the web host reverted back to the working version, and are working on a fix so that they can still do their upgrade.

I just wanted to throw out a quick shout out to the web host though...

Being that I'm a web designer, I deal with a lot of different web hosts... such is the nature of the beast. Support levels vary GREATLY among the web hosts.

I sent in a support ticket at 10:57, and had a response that they were working on it before 11:00am... on a Sunday. Not an automated response, one specific to the problem (I received an automated one too, but they were in such quick succession that my email client grabbed them both at the same time).

Anyway, it turned out that it was something on their end that they needed to address and within minutes, they had restored things to their old form while they looked for a solution.

That's GREAT service.

It's that same service that makes me use Doreo for all of my clients' accounts now when I can. If you need a reliable web host for a website, drop me a line for their info and a referral.

And thanks to Doreo for continually looking after THN.

Site Admin

Postby admin » Sun Sep 09, 2007 11:33 am

Okay, it turns out that maybe you guys can help me and the web host. They're trying to troubleshoot the problem and need to nail down when the problem started... trouble is, i didn't happen to be online at the possible trouble junctures. So what I need to know is...

Were any of you on the WEBSITE between the hours of 11pm eastern last night, and 10:00am eastern this morning?

Not on the message board... on the website itself. We know that the problem didn't affect the message boards much, and we know some of you were on the boards at that time.

But did any of you expereience problems (or not experience problems) between 11pm Saturday night and 10a Sunday morning... any of you watch the cartoon then? Or anything else on the site itself? Or try to and weren't able to...

Please post your geographic location, results experienced and time done so, right here...

Any and all help would be appreciated. TIA.

Return to Site News & Welcome Wagon