My 1st post and a little summary of becoming a Redskins fan.

New to the board? Please check out the rules here first. We will also post news about the website here.

My 1st post and a little summary of becoming a Redskins fan.

Postby stevens23 » Thu Jul 05, 2007 12:19 pm

This is my 1st post on this board as I am new here and I wanted to give you all a little background about myself.

I live and have grown up in Northern Illinois in the suburbs of Chicago. I graduated High school, went and graduated Universal Technical Institute. I received a diploma in Auto and Diesel Technology and now work as a tech for a Diesel truck dealer near the IL./ Wis border.

Growing up and living around here of course I was and am exposed to the Bears way of life. But early on I remember my dad being a fan of the Redskins and Gibbs. Always wearing the 'skins shirts,and hats etc...That was late 70's and early 80's.Then my parents divorced, and my mom and her friends were Bears fans so in '85 was superbowl parties etc...I was only 12 in '85 and I didn't watch much football. I would watch a game but would not follow a team for a season etc... (It was too boring to stay in and watch tv). Anyway, I started watching and following football in'91 the year I graduated from High school and went off to the Navy. '91 was the Redskins year and I liked the way they played offense and defense. I have been a 'skins fan ever since.

I am not that knowledgeable on the 'skins history but I hope to learn much more. I am not a stats kind of guy,but I sometimes make some exaggerated stats up to make my points clear. My redskins history pretty much spans from '91 to present.I do hope to expand my knowledge of the 'skins and of the X's and O's of football.
I am more of a defensive guy but I do like to see a good offensive shootout too. Defense IS my pride and joy. Sean Taylor is my favorite Redskin currently with Darrell Green being my all-time favorite. I hope that in the future I may be able to hop a plane and catch a 'skins game at their stadium. I saw the 'skins play the Bears in the newly remodeled Bears stadium in either '04 or '03? It was horrible. 'Skins lost, I had a 'skins jersey on with my face painted burgandy and gold.Even had my hair dyed gold.For all you stats guys it was the year just before Lovie Smith started coaching. I really didn't think I would get out of there in 1 piece. Almost got into a fight then there was a guy there with Packer colors on and everyone was trying to get him thrown out just for wearing those colors. Really sad group of fans there. Anyway, I hope to learn a lot from the rest of yous'.

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Thu Jul 05, 2007 1:10 pm

Welcome aboard, stevens23. Good to have you here. :up:
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

|||||||

Postby UK Skins Fan » Thu Jul 05, 2007 1:49 pm

Welcome!
Also available on Twitter @UKSkinsFan

The Evil Straw

Postby Fios » Thu Jul 05, 2007 1:53 pm

Welcome to the site!
RIP Sean Taylor

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Fri Jul 06, 2007 12:24 am

..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

~~~~~~

Postby Redskin in Canada » Mon Jul 16, 2007 9:01 am

Welcome home! There are quite a few great posters here to learn from and exchange opinions with.
Daniel Snyder has defined incompetence, failure and greed to true Washington Redskins fans over the last decade. Stay away from football operations !!!

and Jackson

Postby JansenFan » Mon Jul 16, 2007 9:56 am

Welcome Stevens. We have a football 101 forum for all of your X and O questions. There's some good stuff in there to peruse already. If you like spirited debate, you will love it here. There's a lot of knowledge on these boards, of both past and present, so if you want a good place to learn more and follow the burgundy and gold, you're in the right place.
RIP 21

"Nah, I trust the laws of nature to stay constant. I don't pray that the sun will rise tomorrow, and I don't need to pray that someone will beat the Cowboys in the playoffs." - Irn-Bru

Aussie Hog

Postby Amberion » Mon Jul 16, 2007 8:21 pm

Welcome Stevens from a fan from Down under in the land of Oz
I am Grey: I stand between the candle and the star.
We are Grey: We stand between the darkness and the light

~~

Postby REDEEMEDSKIN » Tue Jul 17, 2007 4:05 pm

Redskin in Canada wrote:Welcome home! There are quite a few great posters here to learn from and exchange opinions with.

Thanks for the great introduction RiC. :)

Stevens23, welcome to the land that flows burgundy and gold. :up:
Back and better than ever!

Junior Hog

Postby Jake » Tue Jul 17, 2007 6:30 pm

Welcome to the boards!

Matt Stevens all the way! :rock:
RIP Sean Taylor 1983-2007
RIP Kevin Mitchell 1971-2007
RIP Justin Skaggs 1979-2007
RIP Sammy Baugh 1914-2008

RIP JPFair
RIP VetSkinsFan

#60 Chris Samuels: 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time Pro Bowl left tackle!

tribe
Location: SURF CITY, HB, CALI *** Occasionally flying into a SUPERNOVA

Postby tribeofjudah » Thu Sep 13, 2007 8:33 pm

Welcome from a SKINS fanatic from Cali.......
Proverbs 27:17 As iron sharpens iron,
so one person sharpens another.

DM's #1 fan

Postby SkinsChic » Fri Sep 14, 2007 5:03 am

Welcome...you'll love it here :-)
Hip Hip Hooray!!!
H.T.T.R.

Terri
Joe Gibbs: Terri has a very good eye for talent.

Return to Site News & Welcome Wagon