Why was Larry Centers not fined for that hit?

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
+++

Why was Larry Centers not fined for that hit?

Postby NikiH » Wed Oct 01, 2003 3:55 pm

I know I'm a novice football fan! But why was Centers not fined for his hit against Trotter. I know we got the penalty which at game time was a great thing. But this is the same team that Lavar said was aiming for their knees in preseason play. I was seriously scratching my head at the fact that no one seemed to mention the hit again after it happened. I've seen other NFL players get fined for so much less. This hit was dirty no two ways about it. And I was so sure during the game that Trotter was at least somewhat seriously injured by this hit. Again I'm not the avid fan some of you are but I'm trying to learn. Maybe I'm just overprotective of my guys!
Go Skins!
NikiH

sfir

Postby skinsfaninroanoke » Wed Oct 01, 2003 4:01 pm

Welcome aboard Niki :)

I agree... that was a crest of the helmet hit and should be fined, but there is no telling what the league front office is thinking.

I haven't heard anything more about Trotter... any of you?
Rich in Roanoke

Junior Hog

Postby Jake » Wed Oct 01, 2003 5:02 pm

Why wasn't he fined for the slash gesture he made to the fans (in my section!)? The league takes at least a week to decide fines and stuff like that.
RIP Sean Taylor 1983-2007
RIP Kevin Mitchell 1971-2007
RIP Justin Skaggs 1979-2007
RIP Sammy Baugh 1914-2008

RIP JPFair
RIP VetSkinsFan

#60 Chris Samuels: 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time Pro Bowl left tackle!

Brown in the Hall

Postby NC43Hog » Wed Oct 01, 2003 5:02 pm

Helmet to Helmet hit - should get a fine everytime.

Looked like maybe he was projecting M. Schot's face onto Trotter's helmet. Poor Trotter was just in the wrong place at the wrong time.
"Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son." - Dean Wormer

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Wed Oct 01, 2003 5:18 pm

Centers should be fined for the LATENESS of the hit in my opinion... not just the head hunting nature of it. Trotter was so obviously just standing over a finished play. To me that's where the real 'cheapness' comes in to it.

Actually I was a little disappointed that there was not a stronger opposition put up by Trotter's teammates... no scuffle, no nothing. Not that we needed the penalties, but it didn't look like anyone even offered Centers the advice of putting his head on a swivel for the rest of the game.

And welcome NikiH, glad to have you aboard. I hope you enjoy the site and don't hesitate to ever ask a 'novice' question about anything in here, there's a lot of football freaks around that'll be glad to help :-)
Sean Taylor was one of a kind, may he rest in peace.

sfir

Postby skinsfaninroanoke » Wed Oct 01, 2003 5:31 pm

::looking around:: who me? LOL
Rich in Roanoke

+++

Postby NikiH » Wed Oct 01, 2003 5:40 pm

Wow Jake I'm so glad I do not sit in your section. Not sure I could have controlled myself. I would've tried to jump on the field and smack him right in the helmet. That's why they put girl's like me in the upper deck!!! LOL

+++

Postby NikiH » Wed Oct 01, 2003 5:59 pm

Thanks for the Welcome guys! Are there any ladies that hang out here besides me?? I know the Skins have loads of lady fans!
Go Skins
NikiH
Whenever I start to get blue, I just breathe!

My favortie line from the Simpsons:

Flanders: "Looks like someone is having a pre-rapture party!"

Homer: "No Flanders, it's a meeting of gay witches for abortion , you wouldn't be interested!"

Junior Hog

Postby Jake » Wed Oct 01, 2003 6:04 pm

Niki, it was a day before my 16th birthday so I was ready to come down there and mess him up. LOL But I have met him before and he is a class act and is very fan friendly so I just want to think of the slash as a "spur of the moment" type of thing. :lol:

RIP JPFair
RIP VetSkinsFan

#60 Chris Samuels: 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time Pro Bowl left tackle!

sfir

Postby skinsfaninroanoke » Wed Oct 01, 2003 6:13 pm

My wife is a big fan, but for some reason she feels daunted about coming on here with less football knowledge. I told her that she didn't have less knowledge, heck - she is getting to the point where she can call penalties before the ref tells what it is...but there ya go. I'll try to get her on here for ya ::grin::
Rich in Roanoke

Junior Hog

Postby Jake » Wed Oct 01, 2003 6:22 pm

Get her on here. We will love having another member to the sight. Hey, my mom is on here! Just kidding mom! :LOL: LOVE YA!

RIP JPFair
RIP VetSkinsFan

sfir

Postby skinsfaninroanoke » Wed Oct 01, 2003 6:26 pm

LOL

I registered her, but she is chicken ::grin::

She won't post at all... I love her but she doesn't have much confidence in her football opinions. She screams like all get out at the games though ::grin::

SkinsFanNo9 met her at training camp one day - that's how we knew about the board :)
Rich in Roanoke

+++

Postby NikiH » Wed Oct 01, 2003 7:39 pm

Oh come on Mrs Skinsfan! I need some help here. I am not very knowledgable at all. I also scream like mad at the games in my living room or in the stadium and sometimes I have to turn to my husband and ask him if I was right in what I am thinking!!! Don't hold this against me guys! I'm still a major fan and I'm trying to learn!!!

Photo Hog

Postby tazlah » Thu Oct 02, 2003 10:20 am

Hi Niki -- welcome to the site and the boards! Just wanted to extend my welcome to you and let you know I too am a female 'Skins fan (who is learning more and more about the actual game itself! Hey, I DO know what an Audible is!! :lol: AND I HAVE attended Training Camp! :lol: :D )

Always feel free to ask "novice" questions -- there is a plethora of knowledge on these boards; and your "novice" questions will only help those of us (skinsfaninroanoke's wife included!) who are "novices" too!

taz
redskinsmiley

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football