Attention Caps Fans

Washington Capitals, Washington Nationals, Washington Wizards, Washington Mystics, and D.C. United... all go here!
Skins History Buff

Postby welch » Sat Oct 27, 2007 12:36 am

Aside from the "blah blah" in my previous post, a question for the next talk with the Caps organization:

Would it help to reduce prices in the lower tier?

(a) The TV shows only the fans at that level. When I've been to the new arena, the (expensive) lower tier seats have been, at best, half full...usually less. The higher you go, the more the sections are filled. TV viewers get a feeling that the area is empty, when, actually, most of MCI/whatever it is this year is filled with real hockey nuts. A "real hockey nut" comes to the gaem by Metro; wears a Caps jersey, often a old-style Rod Langway; has pro-Caps buttons all over; doesn't care a bit if the outfit is a bit out-there for prim&proper Washington.

(b) Could the team do better by reducing the price of the prime seats, if only to fill the arena from the bottom up, rather than the top down? I love the fanatics up by the rafters, but the wider audience doesn't see them.

(c) Please thank them for keeping Olie. Fans are loyal to players, as well as to the uniform.

(d) Can Leonsis get Langway and Kelly Miller back in the organization as coaches? Or Langway as a TV commentator: John Davidson's between-periods interviews with Langways were some of the most delightful TV hockey talk I can remember.

Hog

Postby GSPODS » Sun Oct 28, 2007 6:12 am

Alexander Semin's ankle injury is causing serious scoring line and power play line issues. I believe this is the third time time this season his ankle has been injured or re-injured. Any thoughts on adding another scoring forward to the roster?

----------

Postby Steve Spurrier III » Sun Oct 28, 2007 11:38 am

welch wrote:It's good to see something like the old uniform come back. "Teal" just doesn't evoke the Nation's Capital.

I couldn't agree more. Even though I have some problems with the new uniforms, they are a big upgrade, especially from the black home set.
I'm bored, I'm broke, and I'm back.

and Jackson

Postby JansenFan » Mon Oct 29, 2007 12:31 pm

Well, the first episode is posted, although I forgot to update the thread, so it's two games behind, but be sure to check it out...

http://www.thehogs.net/washington-capitals/

On a side note, I'll be talking to Ted Leonsis on Wednesday, so it could be an excellent time to bring up your pricing questions Welch.
RIP 21

"Nah, I trust the laws of nature to stay constant. I don't pray that the sun will rise tomorrow, and I don't need to pray that someone will beat the Cowboys in the playoffs." - Irn-Bru

Junior Hog

Postby Jake » Mon Oct 29, 2007 3:43 pm

If this question is still relevant by Wednesday, then this is for Ted:

I was watching the game against Vanvouver the other night and saw the vicious slapshot Chris Clark took to the side of the head from Ovie. I cringed everytime I saw the replay. How is Chris doing and is he expected to return in the near future? Thanks for your time, Mr. Leonsis.
RIP Sean Taylor 1983-2007
RIP Kevin Mitchell 1971-2007
RIP Justin Skaggs 1979-2007
RIP Sammy Baugh 1914-2008

RIP JPFair
RIP VetSkinsFan

#60 Chris Samuels: 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time Pro Bowl left tackle!

Hog

Postby GSPODS » Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:01 pm

The Capitals put seven goals on the board agaist Toronto Monday night. This is more along the lines of the offensive effort Caps fans expected to see. Was there a change in coaching philosophy or a change in player effort or both?

Hog

Postby redskingush » Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:30 pm

Im a huge Leaf fan, not real sure if this was a regualar Caps performance, but the Leafs goaltending and defensive game has been horendice.
GO SKINS GO!!

Hog

Postby GSPODS » Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:50 pm

redskingush wrote:Im a huge Leaf fan, not real sure if this was a regualar Caps performance, but the Leafs goaltending and defensive game has been horendice.

BossHog is a huge Leafs fan, too, but since this is a Caps PodCast I thought I'd approach it from the positive Caps perspective.

If BossHog and JF put together a Leafs PodCast, I'll approach it from the Leafs perspective. :)

and Jackson

Postby JansenFan » Mon Oct 29, 2007 10:37 pm

redskingush wrote:Im a huge Leaf fan, not real sure if this was a regualar Caps performance, but the Leafs goaltending and defensive game has been horendice.

That's seven goals without McCabe's help. Wow! :twisted:
RIP 21

"Nah, I trust the laws of nature to stay constant. I don't pray that the sun will rise tomorrow, and I don't need to pray that someone will beat the Cowboys in the playoffs." - Irn-Bru

Hog

Postby GSPODS » Tue Oct 30, 2007 6:29 am

Not a question but this is Cool. (Pun Intended)

THN now appears on the Washington Capitals "Hockey Friendly Blogs" webpage.

http://capitals.nhl.com/team/app/?servi ... e&id=11949

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Tue Oct 30, 2007 10:56 am

I may be going to my first hockey game this Friday gang. To see Our Caps go against the Flyers. I'm trying to see if I can get a couple of my buddies to tag along so we can have a blast. My buddies are all local sports fans like myself so if any of you go, look for us in the nosebleeds with Wizards, Nationals, and of course Skins jerseys. Though they aren't big hockey nuts and I myself have only gotten into it a couple years ago, we still want to show our local team that support. Anything to expect? Can we use all kinds of profanities in there w/out getting kicked out? Are there usually kids in the crowd? (Because I make it a rule not to swear around kids, unless their wearing NFC East gear that's not the Skins).. Appreciate any input.. Oh by the way, I loved dat a** whoopin we gave T-To last night!!!

Hog

Postby GSPODS » Tue Oct 30, 2007 11:06 am

langleyparkjoe wrote:I may be going to my first hockey game this Friday gang. To see Our Caps go against the Flyers. I'm trying to see if I can get a couple of my buddies to tag along so we can have a blast. My buddies are all local sports fans like myself so if any of you go, look for us in the nosebleeds with Wizards, Nationals, and of course Skins jerseys. Though they aren't big hockey nuts and I myself have only gotten into it a couple years ago, we still want to show our local team that support. Anything to expect? Can we use all kinds of profanities in there w/out getting kicked out? Are there usually kids in the crowd? (Because I make it a rule not to swear around kids, unless their wearing NFC East gear that's not the Skins).. Appreciate any input.. Oh by the way, I loved dat a** whoopin we gave T-To last night!!!

You probably won't be anywhere near kids in the nosebleed section. It's always a good idea to look around you when the game starts just to make sure you don't have some pretentious twit in the vicinity, though. You can spot them a mile away. They look more out of place than Donald Brashear in the team photo.

Speaking of Donald, don't be surprised to see him mixing it up with Mike Rathje. I would have said Randy Jones but I believe he is currently suspended.

and Jackson

Postby JansenFan » Tue Oct 30, 2007 12:04 pm

lanleyparkjoe, Caps' games tend to be family-friendly events. They aim promotions at kids and go out of their way to accommodate them. As a parent, I appreciate your willingness to take other's children into account. That being said, most of the upper deck fans are rowdy adults. There is one section that sings and chants the entire game close to the press box that specifically comes to mind. I think you'll be fine up there.
RIP 21

and Jackson

Postby JansenFan » Tue Oct 30, 2007 12:06 pm

lanleyparkjoe, Caps' games tend to be family-friendly events. They aim promotions at kids and go out of their way to accommodate them. As a parent, I appreciate your willingness to take other's children into account. There's nothing more uncomfortable than telling a 5 year old, "well, that is a special type of vacuum that sucks the feathers off of roosters." :shock:

That being said, most of the upper deck fans are rowdy adults. There is one section that sings and chants the entire game close to the press box that specifically comes to mind. I think you'll be fine up there.
RIP 21

The Evil Straw

Postby Fios » Tue Oct 30, 2007 12:09 pm

JansenFan wrote:lanleyparkjoe, Caps' games tend to be family-friendly events. They aim promotions at kids and go out of their way to accommodate them. As a parent, I appreciate your willingness to take other's children into account. There's nothing more uncomfortable than telling a 5 year old, "well, that is a special type of vacuum that sucks the feathers off of roosters."

Hey, I've heard of that vacuum! Dad says when I grow up I'll understand
RIP Sean Taylor

Return to Washington Sports Teams