Should we now consider getting a new real #1 WR?

Want to play GM? Think the Redskins should sign a free agent or trade for someone? Speculation / rumors / trade possibilities / fantasy football / mock drafts - Do it here!
Hog

Should we now consider getting a new real #1 WR?

Postby por-tiz2skins » Mon Nov 05, 2007 4:27 pm

I'm sorry as much as I like moss hes only good as a 2nd string guy.Hes not the same explosive WR like he was in 05 and this year he might not even have more than 3 TD.I guess he would do alot better if he had another real god WR to complement.I think I know the problem now in why our WR can't get to open,and thats cause D coordinator bash up there CB's on our WR and the WR can't push them away.

I know I said this alot but we might want to consider going into FA and pick up a Tall fast WR that can be perfect for us.A tall WR might help in the draft but I want some one who has shown hes already explosive since we drafted WR for years now and they all ended up injured or released.

Here's who we should get.

Chad Johnson:As much money he might be ,he is one of the best WR out there and with the injury right now could get this WR less value in a trade.OR if lucky we steal him by just trading our 3rd or even better if hes released than we should get room for him.But thats just me.

Larry Fits:He was great hands and size and decent speed.But depending how much he would cost could depend on every thing else.

Bryant Johnson: Hes over shadow from Boldin and Larry but he could be a big steal for us if we get him.

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Mon Nov 05, 2007 4:31 pm

There's a new forum for your posts. You can find it here.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

mursilis

Re: Should we now consider getting a new real #1 WR?

Postby Mursilis » Mon Nov 05, 2007 4:31 pm

por-tiz2skins wrote:Here's who we should get.

Chad Johnson

How did I know this was coming?

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Mon Nov 05, 2007 4:37 pm

Yawn
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

Hog

Re: Should we now consider getting a new real #1 WR?

Postby por-tiz2skins » Mon Nov 05, 2007 4:37 pm

Mursilis wrote:
por-tiz2skins wrote:Here's who we should get.

Chad Johnson

How did I know this was coming?
Well on my other posts i avg saying his name.,

Hog

Postby GSPODS » Mon Nov 05, 2007 4:40 pm

Irn-Bru wrote:Yawn

Mind if I second that emotion? Yawn

Hog

Postby por-tiz2skins » Mon Nov 05, 2007 4:49 pm

OK fine if not the WR I choose than who would you like?.

mursilis

Postby Mursilis » Mon Nov 05, 2007 4:53 pm

por-tiz2skins wrote:OK fine if not the WR I choose than who would you like?.

It's not a question of who we LIKE (nothing wrong with Chad Johnson), but who we can GET. Teams don't just give away players because Gibbs asks nicely. Besides, the trade deadline has already passed, so no move can happen until the offseason, which is when we should talk about this stuff. There's a football season going on right now.

Hog

Postby por-tiz2skins » Mon Nov 05, 2007 4:58 pm

Mursilis wrote:
por-tiz2skins wrote:OK fine if not the WR I choose than who would you like?.

It's not a question of who we LIKE (nothing wrong with Chad Johnson), but who we can GET. Teams don't just give away players because Gibbs asks nicely. Besides, the trade deadline has already passed, so no move can happen until the offseason, which is when we should talk about this stuff. There's a football season going on right now.
Thats what I mean,for next off-season.

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Mon Nov 05, 2007 5:04 pm

There are 8 more games in our season - it is now November and a good time to start thinking about what we might want to consider would be towards the end of this year
one should always try to look on the bright side ... especially Redskins fans after the past 20 plus years

things will get better .... hopefully soon

Hail to the Redskins

Hog

Postby por-tiz2skins » Mon Nov 05, 2007 5:52 pm

I tell you what guys.Chad Johnson is a very nice guy YA!.............that race with the horse...was for charity.And he never really complains ,he might talk about him being the best WR and its almost true but he never talks about his team mate.If he was that bad he would of been arrested like the other Bengles player.

I see these 3 things.

A)We go into the draft pray to lord the WR in 2nd or 3rd ends up go to us.,

B)Risk once again drafting another Taylor Jacobs and once again have no success like for years now in drafting a WR besides g.clark

C)OR trade one good pick and maybe a player for a stud WR like Chad or be lucky and hope hes a FA and try and get him or get Larry.

|

Postby sch1977 » Mon Nov 05, 2007 5:59 pm

por-tiz2skins wrote:I tell you what guys.Chad Johnson is a very nice guy YA!.............that race with the horse...was for charity.And he never really complains ,he might talk about him being the best WR and its almost true but he never talks about his team mate.If he was that bad he would of been arrested like the other Bengles player.

I see these 3 things.

B)Risk once again drafting another Taylor Jacobs and once again have no success like for years now in drafting a WR besides g.clark

C)OR trade one good pick and maybe a player for a stud WR like Chad or be lucky and hope hes a FA and try and get him or get Larry.

I am tired of trading picks. Why not build from within? Let's get someone who can evaluate late round talent and go out and draft a WR.
Taylor and Landry will take no Prisoners!! - I just can't bring myself to delete it!

Hog

Postby por-tiz2skins » Mon Nov 05, 2007 6:26 pm

sch1977 wrote:
por-tiz2skins wrote:I tell you what guys.Chad Johnson is a very nice guy YA!.............that race with the horse...was for charity.And he never really complains ,he might talk about him being the best WR and its almost true but he never talks about his team mate.If he was that bad he would of been arrested like the other Bengles player.

I see these 3 things.

I am tired of trading picks. Why not build from within? Let's get someone who can evaluate late round talent and go out and draft a WR.
Thats the thing.What happens if the WR we get in the second round don't do nothing?.I mean I don't want to trade picks either but I'm telling you now only use does picks for something else like maybe a CB in the second round.But all of us have to realize with Danny as our GM we haven't succeeded yet in drafting a good WR.Lets just get chad if we have that chance.

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Mon Nov 05, 2007 6:58 pm

Where's Fios when you need him?
admin wrote:I have added a Fantasy Football forum...it will have the added benefit of removing the garbage 'should we get this guy' in Hog Wash... we can make the new Fantasy Football forum the home for that kind of chat.

Not trying to be a Mod here, just hoping por-tiz2skins gets the message.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog

Postby por-tiz2skins » Mon Nov 05, 2007 8:46 pm

JSPB22 wrote:Where's Fios when you need him?
admin wrote:I have added a Fantasy Football forum...it will have the added benefit of removing the garbage 'should we get this guy' in Hog Wash... we can make the new Fantasy Football forum the home for that kind of chat.

Not trying to be a Mod here, just hoping por-tiz2skins gets the message.
Na .

Return to General Manager's Office