Should we now consider getting a new real #1 WR?

Want to play GM? Think the Redskins should sign a free agent or trade for someone? Speculation / rumors / trade possibilities / fantasy football / mock drafts - Do it here!
|||

Postby HEROHAMO » Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:30 pm

We do need a Wide receiver! No matter what these mods try to say. You cant ignore reality. In our case ignorance is not bliss.

How long are we going to count on unproductive receivers. We need one all around wide receiver. The Redskins do. This thread is about the Redskins needing a wide receiver. How is that Fantasy?

Those of you who choose to ignore the fact are kidding yourselves.

This thread is addressing that fact. Yes the season is not over but we are looking ahead to possibilities.

We could of had Randy Moss. We could of had Terell Owens. Now we are obviously lacking a number one wide receiver. Now I dont think we should take Chad Johnson. I rather take a chance on drafting a guy out of college by doing in depth research on the college prospects. Bring the draftees in and interview them. Have them run routes against our starting secondary.

I love Santana Moss and ARE. Yes our offensive line is banged up. Still the fact remains these wideouts are unproductive and are not cutting it.
Sean Taylor starting free safety Heavens team!

21 Forever

"The show must go on."

Hog

Postby GSPODS » Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:37 pm

HEROHAMO wrote:We do need a Wide receiver! No matter what these mods try to say. You cant ignore reality. In our case ignorance is not bliss.

How long are we going to count on unproductive receivers. We need one all around wide receiver. The Redskins do. This thread is about the Redskins needing a wide receiver. How is that Fantasy?

This thread is addressing that fact. Yes the season is not over but we are looking ahead to possibilities.

We could of had Randy Moss. We could of had Terell Owens. Now we are obviously lacking a number one wide receiver. Now I dont think we should take Chad Johnson. I rather take a chance on drafting a guy out of college by doing in depth research on the college prospects. Bring the draftees in and interview them. Have them run routes against our starting secondary.

I love Santana Moss and ARE. Yes our offensive line is banged up. Still the fact remains these wideouts are unproductive and are not cutting it.

This is fantasy. The trade deadline has passed. Chad Johnson is under contract with Cincy through 2010 with an option for 2011. There is complete disregard for the salary cap with respect to any of these suggestions.

|||

Postby HEROHAMO » Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:46 pm

GSPODS wrote:
HEROHAMO wrote:We do need a Wide receiver! No matter what these mods try to say. You cant ignore reality. In our case ignorance is not bliss.

This is fantasy. The trade deadline has passed. Chad Johnson is under contract with Cincy through 2010 with an option for 2011. There is complete disregard for the salary cap with respect to any of these suggestions.

Where did I mention that I wanted Chad Johnson? I dont want Chad Johnson.

I simply am stating that we need a real number one wide receiver. A bigger more physical target for Jason Campbell to throw too.

I am looking forward to the draft to adress this need. There is nothing wrong with preparing for the future and looking at guys now.

Read the title of thread folks. The name of the thread is do we need a wide receiver. It is not named the Chad Johnson thread.

This thread is about the "Redskins" needing a wide receiver.

Are you blind to that fact? Is there something wrong with a fan who sees an obvious weakness and wants to discuss what type of players we want to draft.

It is not against the rules of the site. So I will discuss it. I have not broken any rules. Quite frankly I enjoy discussing the potential future draft picks. You dont like it then dont discuss it here. There are other threads which may pick your interest. I enjoy talking about future talent so maybe you dont.

So what are you doing in this thread if you dont like it?

21 Forever

"The show must go on."

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Mon Nov 05, 2007 10:06 pm

HEROHAMO wrote:
GSPODS wrote:

I simply am stating that we need a real number one wide receiver. A bigger more physical target for Jason Campbell to throw too.

I am looking forward to the draft to adress this need. There is nothing wrong with preparing for the future and looking at guys now.

Read the title of thread folks. The name of the thread is do we need a wide receiver. It is not named the Chad Johnson thread.

Are you blind to that fact? Is there something wrong with a fan who sees an obvious weakness and wants to discuss what type of players we want to draft.

It is not against the rules of the site. So I will discuss it. I have not broken any rules. Quite frankly I enjoy discussing the potential future draft picks. You dont like it then dont discuss it here. There are other threads which may pick your interest. I enjoy talking about future talent so maybe you dont.

And if you would bother to read Boss Hog's post in the Welcome forum, he said these types of threads belong in the Fantasy forum. I'm not a Mod here, but I do try and respect the rules that are plain for all to see. If you go to the Fantasy forum, you will see many duplicates of this thread there already. :up:
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog

Postby por-tiz2skins » Tue Nov 06, 2007 12:05 am

JSPB22 wrote:
HEROHAMO wrote:
GSPODS wrote:

And if you would bother to read Boss Hog's post in the Welcome forum, he said these types of threads belong in the Fantasy forum. I'm not a Mod here, but I do try and respect the rules that are plain for all to see. If you go to the Fantasy forum, you will see many duplicates of this thread there already. :up:
But this involves reality .

Hog

Postby por-tiz2skins » Tue Nov 06, 2007 12:07 am

HEROHAMO wrote:
GSPODS wrote:

No no more drafts in WR's.We have alot of WR's to look at FA .......................I mean Chad is turning 30 but he might or might not cost alot to come here.Hell T.O is like 34 and hes still the *sh$t* .Chad can stay with us for a good 7 years than we can say we need to get another WR but no more drafting WR.

|||

Postby HEROHAMO » Tue Nov 06, 2007 12:30 am

JSPB22 wrote:
HEROHAMO wrote:
GSPODS wrote:

If you read the description for HOGWASH it states anything that has to do with the Washington Redskins.

If you dont like it go to another thread. Yes you are not a Moderator. :moon:

21 Forever

"The show must go on."

swine

should we get....

Postby djlash » Tue Nov 06, 2007 7:02 am

Dood, Moss has been battling a hamstring injury through out his career. The skins knew that when they made the trade for Coles. The kid is still one of the fastest WR's in the NFL. Have you seen how many times JC has OVERTHROWN moss? He's had a good 3 to 5 steps on any DB many times this year and JC has not gotten him the ball. You can even go back and look at tape and see other times when Moss is open and JC picks another reciever.. oh wait I mean tight end because we haven't been throwing to our WR's this year. Don't forget the bomb to Moss in the Green Bay game that he treated like Kryptonite and dropped.

The problem with the WR's.. and this is a small one. Randell El is good Moss is good. James Thrash? NOT GOOD as a reciever. He doesn't have the speed off the line to get open. He can run in space don't get me wrong but when does a WR have alot of space? We need to get either LLoyd, Caldwell or McCardell into the mix more to free up Moss. AND JC and Moss need to work on timing and ball placement ALA Manning and Harrison.

Please... only a couple beers before you post such crazy talk.

|||

Re: should we get....

Postby HEROHAMO » Tue Nov 06, 2007 8:11 am

djlash wrote:Dood, Moss has been battling a hamstring injury through out his career. The skins knew that when they made the trade for Coles. The kid is still one of the fastest WR's in the NFL. Have you seen how many times JC has OVERTHROWN moss? He's had a good 3 to 5 steps on any DB many times this year and JC has not gotten him the ball. You can even go back and look at tape and see other times when Moss is open and JC picks another reciever.. oh wait I mean tight end because we haven't been throwing to our WR's this year. Don't forget the bomb to Moss in the Green Bay game that he treated like Kryptonite and dropped.

The problem with the WR's.. and this is a small one. Randell El is good Moss is good. James Thrash? NOT GOOD as a reciever. He doesn't have the speed off the line to get open. He can run in space don't get me wrong but when does a WR have alot of space? We need to get either LLoyd, Caldwell or McCardell into the mix more to free up Moss. AND JC and Moss need to work on timing and ball placement ALA Manning and Harrison.

Please... only a couple beers before you post such crazy talk.

I agree I love Moss. JC has overthrown him a bit. It is just adventageous to have a taller , more physical receiver along with the deep threats. Our receivers all seem to be around 5-11 to 6 ft range. We definatley need a bigger target to compliment ARE and Moss.

21 Forever

"The show must go on."

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Tue Nov 06, 2007 8:38 am

Santana Moss would be an even greater threat to opposing team if he was paired up with a WR in the mold of a CJ, TO, Fitzgerald, Boldin... Not those guys specifically but their body type.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

Hog

Postby roybus14 » Tue Nov 06, 2007 9:35 am

This team needs a GM or scout that can go into the draft and find that "burner" like Green Bay did with this Jennings kids. Dude can fly and IMO, is one of the biggest reasons why they are doing well this year. Driver used to be that guy but his age has caught him and he has become a very effective possesion receiver. Favre to Jennings on those quick slants and dude is out. Gone with that speed.... He ran right by Dre Bly on that first play in OT a couple of weeks ago.....
Sean Taylor - 1983-2007 R.I.P.... Forever A Skin.....

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Tue Nov 06, 2007 10:16 am

Administratively:
1) Would the non-moderators please stop trying to moderate - I realize that you're only trying to help, but it NEVER WILL.
2) As a staff, we understand that the brand new forums WILL take a little time to adjust to and therefore, we're going to do our best to not over-moderate and confuse things while people get their feet wet.
3) herohamo - trying to 'unmoderate' for someone who isn't a moderator just further dilutes the thread... it's no different than the guy trying to moderate, so please don't. I'd also suggest that you learn to separate what a mod does from what he 'feels'. I assure you, any mods attempt to keep dialog where it is intended has nothing to do with curbing what you have to say. If you have some personal problem with administration, then I suggest you take it up with me instead and check your PMs to do so. Thanks.
3) portiz2skins - you seem to think that you can do what you want... the new fantasy forum is the EXACT place your repeated postulations belong. If you look at the descripton for the new forum, you'll see that 'trade possibilities' is listed and that's really what you were ultimately suggestig wasn't it? After all, Chad johnson plays for the Bengals and is under contract through 2010. Now... you don't have to put things where they belong I guess, but you'll find that after I've moved one or two more than I'd care to because you won't respect the rules, you won't be able to post here any more. If you need clarification, check our rules which explicitly state that:

4. As we add new forums, please keep posts in the area they belong.

So you can ignore the rule all you like... it'll ultimately lead to a ban. Your choice.

I also just noticed that you still won't respect the rule that profanity is NOT allowed outside of smack... so i guess you just don't really care at all for the rules... and since I've warned you what will happen, enjoy a vacation on me... no need to wait for the next one. You can enjoy a week's suspension, and when you're re-instated, it's your choice how you proceed. I'd love to send you a PM about it, but I'm pretty sure the last one or two I sent you are still sitting in my mailbox because you haven't picked them up.

I'll address the football side of this thread in another post, that way it's separate from the administrative moderation above.
Sean Taylor was one of a kind, may he rest in peace.

Return to General Manager's Office