Capitals to Take Part in "Reading of the Names"

Washington Capitals, Washington Nationals, Washington Wizards, Washington Mystics, and D.C. United... all go here!
and Jackson

Capitals to Take Part in "Reading of the Names"

Postby JansenFan » Wed Nov 07, 2007 1:49 pm

Washington Capitals wrote:Capitals to Take Part in "Reading of the Names" at Vietnam Veterans Memorial, Friday, Nov. 9

ARLINGTON, Va. – Washington Capitals captain Chris Clark and defensemen Brian Pothier and Tom Poti will take part in the Vietnam Veteran Memorials’ “Reading of the Names,” on Friday, Nov. 9 on the National Mall. The event, which spans 65 hours over a four-day period, is one of many special activities planned during the month of November to commemorate the 25th anniversary of the Vietnam Memorial. Players will begin reading their respective lists of 30 names of war veterans beginning at 2:14 p.m. All three players taking part in the ceremony were born and raised in the United States. Clark hails from Connecticut, while both Pothier and Poti are natives of Massachusetts.

Code: Select all
WHO:            Washington Capitals players Chris Clark, Brian Pothier and Tom Poti

WHAT:           "Reading of the Names" at Vietnam Veterans Memorial

WHEN:           Friday, Nov. 9

Event begins at 2 p.m. Players are each allotted two minutes to read 30 names.

Schedule: Pothier at 2:14 p.m., Poti at 2:16 p.m., Clark at 2:18 p.m.

WHERE:          Vietnam Veterans Memorial
                Washington, DC 20037

RIP 21

"Nah, I trust the laws of nature to stay constant. I don't pray that the sun will rise tomorrow, and I don't need to pray that someone will beat the Cowboys in the playoffs." - Irn-Bru

~~

Postby REDEEMEDSKIN » Wed Nov 07, 2007 2:08 pm

Sweet! I might be able to make it out there.
Back and better than ever!

Hog

Postby GSPODS » Wed Nov 07, 2007 2:15 pm

REDEEMEDSKIN wrote:Sweet! I might be able to make it out there.

You'd be in good company. Aside from the Capitals, I have a few friends whose names will be read.

and Jackson

Postby JansenFan » Wed Nov 07, 2007 3:00 pm

I've yet to talk to Poti or Pothier (Potsy), but I've spoken with Chris Clark on several occasions and he is a great guy. Just be sure to speak into his good ear.
RIP 21

"Nah, I trust the laws of nature to stay constant. I don't pray that the sun will rise tomorrow, and I don't need to pray that someone will beat the Cowboys in the playoffs." - Irn-Bru

Hog

Postby GSPODS » Wed Nov 07, 2007 3:32 pm

JansenFan wrote:I've yet to talk to Poti or Pothier (Potsy), but I've spoken with Chris Clark on several occasions and he is a great guy. Just be sure to speak into his good ear.

Clarkie can actually have selective hearing and nobody will think twice about it. What's everyone elses excuse?
Chris earned that "C", as far as I'm concerned.
"C" for cadaver. "C" for cryoplasty. "C" for Captain Courageous. :up:

Return to Washington Sports Teams