Eagles-Redskins Predictions

Washington Redskins' Game Day discussions for 2003, 2004, and 2005
Pursuer of Justice

Eagles-Redskins Predictions

Postby Justice Hog » Wed Oct 01, 2003 7:42 am

This should be a good one, folks.

A lot will depend on the Skins ability to hold off the Eagles pass-rush.

I don't think the Skins will be hurt by the Eagles running/passing game because, to be candid, the Eagles just don't have enough in those to areas to worry me.

McNabb can be scary sometimes, though...but ever since his injury, he's been up-and-down. Also, it looks like Troy Vincent may not be playing and...even when he does, the Eagles secondary is somewhat weak.

Redskins: 31
Eagles: 20
Fran Farren
"Justice Hog"

Newark, DE

6th person to join the "new THN message boards"

Section 341, Row 8, Seats #15 & #16

"Justice that love gives is a surrender, justice that law gives is a punishment."
-Mohandas Gandhi

Hog

Postby woohit56 » Wed Oct 01, 2003 2:26 pm

This one is so important to me I'll have to come back and give my gut feeling on Sat. Right now I can't even think through the emotions well enough to look into my crystal ball. :explode:

sfir

Postby skinsfaninroanoke » Wed Oct 01, 2003 3:29 pm

3 Eagles dbs may be out - Taylor, Dawkins and Vincent. :)
Rich in Roanoke

piglet

Postby ideagirl » Wed Oct 01, 2003 8:04 pm

Ideagirl here.......I think it'll be another "W", but a hard fought and bloody battle, as are all our contests with my least favorite team on the planet! Yup, I'll go out on a limb...hehe..... and say we'll win by that now magic # "3". The final injury report for the Philly secondary will be something to watch as well. I'm also betting McNabb will still be hot and cold, and will show up on the cold side this week. Brooooooce and Mr. Arrington hopefully will be all over McNabb.

Skins 24
Eagles 21

IG
Redskins Rock & Rule....purely subjective, of course, but it's in my DNA.:) ideagirl@excite.com

Hog

Postby woohit56 » Wed Oct 01, 2003 8:27 pm

ideagirl wrote: Brooooooce and Mr. Arrington hopefully will be all over McNabb.

Well I can at least predict you can forget that. He will be all over and make plays. We need to stop his cast. The mighty LAVAR was non existent in Bellycheck's game plan and Reid will do similar.

We gotta beat these...guys.

sfir

Postby skinsfaninroanoke » Thu Oct 02, 2003 1:06 am

Reid was talking about his backs and how they are packaging them depending on what team they are playing. Westbook, the main back against the Bills probably won't be the feature back against us, according to reports. I figure it might be Duce due to what Tiki did vs. us with his shiftiness and speed to the outside.

I shudder to think what will happen if the DC doesn't plan to stop pitches and off tackle runs this week. If we can't blitz McNabb at all, he could sit back and pick us apart. If we can contain the outside runs, we should be able to put some presure on him, even if it is just to mess up his timing.

Tough game though - especially if the DBs play like Boss was intimating. If the DBs play - the score will be Skins 21 Eagles 20. If the threesome is out the score will be Skins 24 Eagles 13.
Rich in Roanoke

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Thu Oct 02, 2003 7:36 am

Redskins 27, Eagles 24
Sean Taylor was one of a kind, may he rest in peace.

piglet

Postby #1SKINFAN » Thu Oct 02, 2003 10:38 am

I think this is where the Redskins make a statement. Spurrier really wants to win this game.

Redskins 35

Stupid Eagles 10

Ramsey 342 25 of 42

Coles 102
Gardner 124
Trung Betts/122

-------

Postby RedskinsFreak » Thu Oct 02, 2003 12:28 pm

I'm going to make a boatload of posts in the next few days, just to get that 'swine' label off my posts!!! :) (I think I preferred 'piggie')

I think this whole Rush thing is going to have McNabb in a "I'll show them" mode. He'll be at a high level but he just doesn't have the WRs and steady RBs to help his cause -- and the defense is oh-so-injured.

My call:

Redskins 24
Eagles 16
***** Hail To The Redskins!!! *****

BA + MS = A New Beginning

Hog

Postby General Failure » Thu Oct 02, 2003 12:35 pm

skinsfaninroanoke wrote:Reid was talking about his backs and how they are packaging them depending on what team they are playing. Westbook, the main back against the Bills probably won't be the feature back against us, according to reports. I figure it might be Duce due to what Tiki did vs. us with his shiftiness and speed to the outside.

That is the first time I've heard anyone called Duce shifty or speedy. Mostly people say he's slow and dances behind the line too much these days. His best skills right now are as a receiver out of the backfield.

I don't think last week was packaged for Westbrook, really. It just seems like Duce can't run and Reid is unwilling to use Buckhalter. :?

Photo Hog

Postby tazlah » Thu Oct 02, 2003 12:43 pm

'Skins 27
Eagles 17

HTTR

taz
redskinsmiley

aka Evil Hog

Postby hailskins666 » Thu Oct 02, 2003 6:34 pm

i have to say "luck" falls in the skins corner again this week. philly's d is what caused every one so many problems last year. but they are really banged up right now. i think winning is contageous, so i think we see our first game won by more than just three. i say its....
Skins 27
Eagles 21
we win by 2 kicks this week :o
THN's resident jerk.

Glock .40 Model 22 - First* line of home defense.... 'ADT' is for liberals.

Return to Washington Redskins Game Day - 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006