Sean Taylor Shot, In Critical Condition

In memory of Sean Taylor. Please post all thoughts, well-wishes and prayers here.
**********
User avatar
Posts: 16744
Joined: Sat Mar 27, 2004 1:45 pm
Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Mon Nov 26, 2007 10:34 pm

JCaptMorgan12 wrote:
SkinsFreak wrote:Did anyone else just catch that?

On MNF, ESPN broke in with their 30-on-30 news updates and said Sean was still in critical condition but was showing signs of progress.

Then said... "A team spokesman reported that this was a 'deliberate attack'."

Take that for what it's worth. I'm really just concerned about Sean at this point.


Well, I read on foxsports that no one was at home at the time of the break-in last week, but that the intruder broke in through a window, and went through the kitchen drawers... it then said that police found a kitchen knife on the bed... to me, it almost seems that whoever broke in last week is linked to this most recent shooting... fact is, were they (whoever it was, if linked) sending Taylor a message by leaving a knife in his bed??? also, according to reports of the most recent break-in & shooting, ST's g/f said they were in bed, and heard a noise, and that ST got up, grabbed his machete, and walked towards the door to check on the noise... it then said the door was kicked-in/knocked-down i believe, and that is when two shots were fired, one hitting ST... if this is the case, that would lead me to believe that as soon as the person broke-in (which would have been the noise that ST and his g/f heard), they went straight to his bedroom, and almost seems that their sole intention was to shoot him... that is my take on the news that we have been provided with so far...

If you were going to break into a players home to rob them when would you do it? If you were coming to kill him when would you do it?

I'm not a crook or a killer but if I wanted to rob Taylor's home I'd do it when he would be away with the team (Sat. night or Sun. morning would be perfect... it's late and he's out of town), if i saw something I couldn't carry alone I might come back in a week or two with a friend. If I wanted him dead I would pick a week that he should be out of town to break into his home. Sounds more like a robbery than a hit to me.

BTW: Hit man don't normally shoot their victims in the leg and Taylor grabbing the machete, proves he had turned the corner (a court order has never kept a thug from having a gun).
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

+++++++++
Posts: 5225
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2004 11:21 am

Postby Skinsfan55 » Mon Nov 26, 2007 10:45 pm

It's true that hitmen don't normally shoot people in the leg but this assailant may have been expecting Taylor to be in bed when he entered the bedroom and was surprised.

Why would a thief go into a bedroom anyway? Taylor must have had cars and such around letting this intruder know someone was home...

Taylor was home, away from the team due to his injuries so anyone wanting to kill him would know exactly where to find him.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if this was a botched hit, and furthermore I would be willing to bet that when Sean Taylor becomes fully responsive he will be able to identify his attacker.
"Guess [Ryan Kerrigan] really does have a good motor. And is relentless. And never quits on a play. And just keeps coming. And probably eats Wheaties and drinks Apple Pie smoothies and shaves with Valvoline." -Dan Steinberg DC Sports Bog

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 427
Joined: Mon Oct 04, 2004 10:24 pm
Location: NOVA

Postby JCaptMorgan12 » Mon Nov 26, 2007 10:46 pm

1niksder wrote:
JCaptMorgan12 wrote:
SkinsFreak wrote:Did anyone else just catch that?

On MNF, ESPN broke in with their 30-on-30 news updates and said Sean was still in critical condition but was showing signs of progress.

Then said... "A team spokesman reported that this was a 'deliberate attack'."

Take that for what it's worth. I'm really just concerned about Sean at this point.


Well, I read on foxsports that no one was at home at the time of the break-in last week, but that the intruder broke in through a window, and went through the kitchen drawers... it then said that police found a kitchen knife on the bed... to me, it almost seems that whoever broke in last week is linked to this most recent shooting... fact is, were they (whoever it was, if linked) sending Taylor a message by leaving a knife in his bed??? also, according to reports of the most recent break-in & shooting, ST's g/f said they were in bed, and heard a noise, and that ST got up, grabbed his machete, and walked towards the door to check on the noise... it then said the door was kicked-in/knocked-down i believe, and that is when two shots were fired, one hitting ST... if this is the case, that would lead me to believe that as soon as the person broke-in (which would have been the noise that ST and his g/f heard), they went straight to his bedroom, and almost seems that their sole intention was to shoot him... that is my take on the news that we have been provided with so far...

If you were going to break into a players home to rob them when would you do it? If you were coming to kill him when would you do it?

I'm not a crook or a killer but if I wanted to rob Taylor's home I'd do it when he would be away with the team (Sat. night or Sun. morning would be perfect... it's late and he's out of town), if i saw something I couldn't carry alone I might come back in a week or two with a friend. If I wanted him dead I would pick a week that he should be out of town to break into his home. Sounds more like a robbery than a hit to me.

BTW: Hit man don't normally shoot their victims in the leg and Taylor grabbing the machete, proves he had turned the corner (a court order has never kept a thug from having a gun).


Well, to start off, I am not a crook or a killer either... so, now that that has been established... I do find it wierd that they would break in last week and leave a knife on a bed... and from what I 've heard/read about the previous break-in, nothing was missing from the house... so, I ask, what was the point of breaking in the first time? Again, it could seem that they were looking for him then, possibly thinking that he was not with the team, so he would be in his house... also, u said if u wanted him dead, u would pick a week that he should be out of town to break into his home, that makes no sense... this is all just speculation and conversation, but what i was saying is that they could have thought he was at home last week, but found out he was not, so they went back again this week to see...

also from what i've heard/read, it seems that taylor never made it out of the bedroom with the machete, rather the intruder entered the bedroom, and saw ST with the machete... not sure about anyone else, but if someone was coming at me with a machete, and i had a gun, i would just shoot, prob wouldn't pay too much attention to where, which may explain the two shots with only one hitting ST, don't think he took his time once he saw ST with a machete...
My children, gather round! No retreat, no surrender; that is Spartan law. And by Spartan law we will stand and fight... and die. A new age has begun. An age of freedom, and all will know, that 300 Spartans gave their last breaths to defend it!

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 427
Joined: Mon Oct 04, 2004 10:24 pm
Location: NOVA

Postby JCaptMorgan12 » Mon Nov 26, 2007 10:56 pm

Skinsfan55 wrote:It's true that hitmen don't normally shoot people in the leg but this assailant may have been expecting Taylor to be in bed when he entered the bedroom and was surprised.

Why would a thief go into a bedroom anyway? Taylor must have had cars and such around letting this intruder know someone was home...

Taylor was home, away from the team due to his injuries so anyone wanting to kill him would know exactly where to find him.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if this was a botched hit, and furthermore I would be willing to bet that when Sean Taylor becomes fully responsive he will be able to identify his attacker.


Agreed. But like I said, it is all speculation, and like all others have said, I hope the Police pursue this and solve this in a timely fashion...
My children, gather round! No retreat, no surrender; that is Spartan law. And by Spartan law we will stand and fight... and die. A new age has begun. An age of freedom, and all will know, that 300 Spartans gave their last breaths to defend it!

+++
Posts: 4448
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2003 2:02 pm

Postby NikiH » Mon Nov 26, 2007 10:57 pm

A smart hit man would know that the femoral artery is a bad place to be hit by a bullet. I am suspicious because theifs don't break into a millionaires house and leave behind everything, including a knife they've obviously touched. They also mentioned this evening that his family was in the house. Chances are who ever did this was looking for Sean or someone else could have been shot along the way. Just me making educated guesses.
I'm hoping that karma is on Sean's side here. He's changed himself. I keep praying for good news.
Whenever I start to get blue, I just breathe!

My favortie line from the Simpsons:

Flanders: "Looks like someone is having a pre-rapture party!"

Homer: "No Flanders, it's a meeting of gay witches for abortion , you wouldn't be interested!"

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 438
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2004 11:47 pm
Location: Carlisle Pa.

Postby GibbSkins » Mon Nov 26, 2007 11:08 pm

comcast sports news just reported

ST's lawyer just said it could be linked to the last insident with the ATV's... thats what i was thinking.. this was gang retaliation....
"These are the times that try men's souls......Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph." --Thomas Paine

~~~
Posts: 2992
Joined: Sun Jan 25, 2004 2:57 pm
Location: Ohio

Postby Champsturf » Mon Nov 26, 2007 11:09 pm

NikiH wrote:A smart hit man would know that the femoral artery is a bad place to be hit by a bullet. I am suspicious because theifs don't break into a millionaires house and leave behind everything, including a knife they've obviously touched. They also mentioned this evening that his family was in the house. Chances are who ever did this was looking for Sean or someone else could have been shot along the way. Just me making educated guesses.
I'm hoping that karma is on Sean's side here. He's changed himself. I keep praying for good news.
Except for the highlighted, I agree. Do you really think someone is aiming for an artery? It's kind of like aiming for a large vein. A shot to the head would be much more "to the point", and a lot easier to hit too.

I'm not going to do any speculating myself, because I'm just hoping Sean gets well. There is NOTHING like having your first baby. He needs to enjoy her, and she him. That, and I'll wait until some facts come out that make anything more conclusive.

Get well Sean.
Last edited by Champsturf on Mon Nov 26, 2007 11:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You'll always be remembered Sean. R.I.P.

The Punisher
Posts: 2593
Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2007 11:34 am
Location: Manassas

Postby Bob 0119 » Mon Nov 26, 2007 11:17 pm

Just playing devil's advocate here, but what if the knife in the bed was more coincidence than some kind of message...

Thief breaks into Taylor's home, finds something that interests him in Taylor's bedroom, tries to access it using a kitchen knife, leaves hte knife on the bed after unsuccessfully accessing whatever he was interested in.

Same thief returns with more adequate tools the following week, enters the house and stumbles across Sean Taylor, the hardest hitting safety in the NFL, holding a machete...

...we know the rest.

sounds more reasonable than some contract-hit conspiracy to me.

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 427
Joined: Mon Oct 04, 2004 10:24 pm
Location: NOVA

Postby JCaptMorgan12 » Mon Nov 26, 2007 11:18 pm

Champsturf wrote:
NikiH wrote:A smart hit man would know that the femoral artery is a bad place to be hit by a bullet. I am suspicious because theifs don't break into a millionaires house and leave behind everything, including a knife they've obviously touched. They also mentioned this evening that his family was in the house. Chances are who ever did this was looking for Sean or someone else could have been shot along the way. Just me making educated guesses.
I'm hoping that karma is on Sean's side here. He's changed himself. I keep praying for good news.
Except for the highlighted, I agree. Do you really think someone is aiming for an artery? It's kind of like aiming for a large vein. A shot to the head would be much more "to the point", and a lot easier to hit too.

I'm not going to do any speculating myself, because I'm just hoping Sean gets well. There is NOTHING like having your first baby. He needs to enjoy her, and she him. That, and I'll wait until some facts come out that make it more conclusive.

Get well Sean.


I do agree with this too... in the end though, speculation or not, my main concern too is that ST is able to fully recover, my prayers are with him and his family... my second concern is the Police catch those responsible...
My children, gather round! No retreat, no surrender; that is Spartan law. And by Spartan law we will stand and fight... and die. A new age has begun. An age of freedom, and all will know, that 300 Spartans gave their last breaths to defend it!

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 467
Joined: Mon Feb 12, 2007 11:17 pm

Postby jazzskins » Mon Nov 26, 2007 11:20 pm

Lets leave the policework to the police. Please spend your time in prayer and not speculation.

~~~
Posts: 2992
Joined: Sun Jan 25, 2004 2:57 pm
Location: Ohio

Postby Champsturf » Mon Nov 26, 2007 11:22 pm

Bob 0119 wrote:Just playing devil's advocate here, but what if the knife in the bed was more coincidence than some kind of message...

Thief breaks into Taylor's home, finds something that interests him in Taylor's bedroom, tries to access it using a kitchen knife, leaves hte knife on the bed after unsuccessfully accessing whatever he was interested in.

Same thief returns with more adequate tools the following week, enters the house and stumbles across Sean Taylor, the hardest hitting safety in the NFL, holding a machete...

...we know the rest.

sounds more reasonable than some contract-hit conspiracy to me.
:roll: More speculating....let's just worry about his health for now and lets the facts about WHY this happened come out later, PLEASE!!!!
You'll always be remembered Sean. R.I.P.

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 427
Joined: Mon Oct 04, 2004 10:24 pm
Location: NOVA

Postby JCaptMorgan12 » Mon Nov 26, 2007 11:24 pm

Bob 0119 wrote:Just playing devil's advocate here, but what if the knife in the bed was more coincidence than some kind of message...

Thief breaks into Taylor's home, finds something that interests him in Taylor's bedroom, tries to access it using a kitchen knife, leaves hte knife on the bed after unsuccessfully accessing whatever he was interested in.

Same thief returns with more adequate tools the following week, enters the house and stumbles across Sean Taylor, the hardest hitting safety in the NFL, holding a machete...

...we know the rest.

sounds more reasonable than some contract-hit conspiracy to me.


Well, to return the play of devil's advocate... what are u thinking is in the room that was not able to be broken into the first time?? i would agree with u more, but they said NOTHING was stolen the first time... if a theif made it into a million-dollar home once undetected, why would they not take anything... BUT rather take the chance of being able to break into that same house again, a week later??? also, seems that the thief had his gun drawn entering the room, at least that is what i would take from the news being reported...
My children, gather round! No retreat, no surrender; that is Spartan law. And by Spartan law we will stand and fight... and die. A new age has begun. An age of freedom, and all will know, that 300 Spartans gave their last breaths to defend it!

Canes Skin
Posts: 6667
Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2007 4:02 pm
Location: Alexandria, VA

Postby CanesSkins26 » Mon Nov 26, 2007 11:27 pm

Some potential encouraging news....

Taylor recently awoke in a Miami hospital and gripped a doctor's hand when asked, a source said Monday. Medical officials were uncertain whether Taylor would initially survive after suffering major blood loss when shot early this morning in his South Florida home.

"Sean was not responding well to blood transfusions and things were going in the wrong direction when totally out of the blue he woke up," the source said. "Anything can happen at any time, but the phrase now being thrown around is cautious optimism. Before the guy was slowly passing away. Now, he's slowly getting stronger."

News of Taylor's revival sent cheers among Taylor's friends and family members gathered at Jackson Memorial Hospital, the source said.

"The doctors are being very guarded about their prognosis," said family friend Richard Sharpstein, Taylor's former lawyer. "They're being a little bit skeptical about either whether he might make it or whether it might cause some permanent brain injury."


http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7490604

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 427
Joined: Mon Oct 04, 2004 10:24 pm
Location: NOVA

Postby JCaptMorgan12 » Mon Nov 26, 2007 11:29 pm

Champsturf wrote: :roll: More speculating....let's just worry about his health for now and lets the facts about WHY this happened come out later, PLEASE!!!!


I think we all have shown our support, and I don't think there is one person on this board that would choose to speculate first, before showing their support and offer their prayers for ST and his family... everyone here is supporting and praying for ST...
Last edited by JCaptMorgan12 on Mon Nov 26, 2007 11:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
My children, gather round! No retreat, no surrender; that is Spartan law. And by Spartan law we will stand and fight... and die. A new age has begun. An age of freedom, and all will know, that 300 Spartans gave their last breaths to defend it!

~~~
Posts: 2992
Joined: Sun Jan 25, 2004 2:57 pm
Location: Ohio

Postby Champsturf » Mon Nov 26, 2007 11:30 pm

CanesSkins26 wrote:Some potential encouraging news....

Taylor recently awoke in a Miami hospital and gripped a doctor's hand when asked, a source said Monday. Medical officials were uncertain whether Taylor would initially survive after suffering major blood loss when shot early this morning in his South Florida home.

"Sean was not responding well to blood transfusions and things were going in the wrong direction when totally out of the blue he woke up," the source said. "Anything can happen at any time, but the phrase now being thrown around is cautious optimism. Before the guy was slowly passing away. Now, he's slowly getting stronger."

News of Taylor's revival sent cheers among Taylor's friends and family members gathered at Jackson Memorial Hospital, the source said.

"The doctors are being very guarded about their prognosis," said family friend Richard Sharpstein, Taylor's former lawyer. "They're being a little bit skeptical about either whether he might make it or whether it might cause some permanent brain injury."


http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7490604
=D>
You'll always be remembered Sean. R.I.P.

Return to Sean Taylor Tribute