Sean Taylor Shot, In Critical Condition

In memory of Sean Taylor. Please post all thoughts, well-wishes and prayers here.
Canes Skin

Postby CanesSkins26 » Mon Nov 26, 2007 11:33 pm

Here's a quote from Sean's mom and some scary details about the shooting...

NFL star Sean Taylor squeezed a doctor's hand from his hospital bed Monday evening, giving his tense, exhausted family reason for hope after a daylong ordeal that began when Taylor was shot by an intruder at his Palmetto Bay home.

''I am happy, I am hopeful, but I really don't know what else to say,'' his mother, Donna Junor, said in a telephone interview.

After Monday's shooting, Taylor's girlfriend tried to call police from the house line, only to discover the line had been cut. She had to use her mobile phone to call 911, which delayed response time, said Redskins Vice President Vinny Cerrato.

''This was a deliberate attack,'' Cerrato said.

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/breaking_news/story/320910.html

ch1

Postby crazyhorse1 » Tue Nov 27, 2007 12:04 am

NikiH wrote:A smart hit man would know that the femoral artery is a bad place to be hit by a bullet. I am suspicious because theifs don't break into a millionaires house and leave behind everything, including a knife they've obviously touched. They also mentioned this evening that his family was in the house. Chances are who ever did this was looking for Sean or someone else could have been shot along the way. Just me making educated guesses.
I'm hoping that karma is on Sean's side here. He's changed himself. I keep praying for good news.

Obviously, I know nothing about whether or not a hit man was after ST, and I don't care to speculate, but I desperately hope the cops think it might have been and have ST under guard. The thought that he might have seen the shooter and can identify him is a chilling one.

The Punisher

Postby Bob 0119 » Tue Nov 27, 2007 12:04 am

This is a senseless tragedy.

I respect those who are right in saying that it is too early to speculate about what happened.

I've been through something very similar to what Sean's family is going through right now.

I spent 36 days in an ICU waiting room. The first two weeks of which I was repeatedly told that my kid brother wasn't going to survive his injuries.

I didn't sleep for the first 72 hours.

My family had to learn to take it's cue's from the nurses. While the doctors seemed to go out of their way to hunt us down to tell us that they were doubtful he would survive, the nurses were consistantly more optimistic.

My brother did survive, he is still recovering from his injury (nearly two years now) but my point is this.

Doctors are generally so afraid of being sued by the grieving families that they err on the side of cautious pessimism. They don't want to build up any "false hope" so instead they inadvertantly make it seem like there is no hope.

The fact that Sean is responsive, and has deliberate motor control (being able to squeeze a doctor's hand upon request) is a fantastic sign. Things could still go bad, so they don't want to get anyone's hopes up, but it is great news!

I thank God for that, and look forward to hearing more good news tomorrow.

Hog
Location: Redding, Ca: Repping Santa Cruz, the real Surf City in Cali!

Postby Californiaskin » Tue Nov 27, 2007 12:26 am

Here is my prediction/throwing some good vibes Seans way.........Sean will survive this..........He will recover and become stronger.......He will suit up in #21 for us again next year and crush people in the secondary.......you just have to believe!

Hog

Postby por-tiz2skins » Tue Nov 27, 2007 12:29 am

Californiaskin wrote:Here is my prediction/throwing some good vibes Seans way.........Sean will survive this..........He will recover and become stronger.......He will suit up in #21 for us again next year and crush people in the secondary.......you just have to believe!
I do belive.I might not have met ST in person but what Ive seen and herd he is a good guy.I hate all does who think his a thug and try to find a way to make taylor look bad.

Taylor will survive and he will be stronger and hungrier for this team.

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Tue Nov 27, 2007 12:30 am

..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

tribe
Location: SURF CITY, HB, CALI *** Occasionally flying into a SUPERNOVA

Postby tribeofjudah » Tue Nov 27, 2007 12:36 am

Candle light vigil going on somewhere in DC, I think..... the video clip on the official Skins site:

http://www.redskins.com/
Proverbs 27:17 As iron sharpens iron,
so one person sharpens another.

Canes Skin

Postby CanesSkins26 » Tue Nov 27, 2007 12:41 am

tribeofjudah wrote:Candle light vigil going on somewhere in DC, I think..... the video clip on the official Skins site:

http://www.redskins.com/

The vigil was at Redskins Park. About 60 people showed up.

Hog

Postby PMG12569 » Tue Nov 27, 2007 1:04 am

Heard the report on Comcast and on NBC that Taylor's heart stopped twice in the operating table...I hope he continues to fight....Im surprised death had the balls to come back after he met Sean Taylor the first time...My prayers are with you #21 keep fighting

^^^^^^^^

Postby Gibbs' Hog » Tue Nov 27, 2007 1:19 am

I hate to add to the speculation, but the fact that it's being reported that the phone lines had been cut is unnerving. That sounds like a potentially premeditated hit to me.

Either way, I'm sooo glad that he is "responsive" tonight, especially after hearing the rumors that he had already passed.

Forget "Free Sean Taylor."

Hopefully, it will now be, "Long Live Sean Taylor!"

Hog

Postby Charm City Sports » Tue Nov 27, 2007 1:22 am

PMG12569 wrote:Heard the report on Comcast and on NBC that Taylor's heart stopped twice in the operating table...I hope he continues to fight....Im surprised death had the balls to come back after he met Sean Taylor the first time...My prayers are with you #21 keep fighting

Death was defeated by the Angel of Mercy and a ST double team.

I truly think everyones prayers had a hand in it. God was with him today.

I had the pleasure of meeting him a few times, and I never saw the guy that the media has described in the past.

I met a kid who loved his team, loved his fans, and just loved what he did for a living.

ST will pull through. He is to tough not to!

swine

Postby Judge » Tue Nov 27, 2007 1:35 am

I add my most sincere good wishes and prayers for Sean and his family and friends.

And screw football. This is truly a life and death time for him, and everything else is trivial and inconsequential by comparison.

And for the SCUM that did this to him...

I pray also for you. I pray that the proper authorities bring you swiftly to the justice that you so rightly deserve for doing what you've done.

And I pray that God has mercy on you...because I also pray that our legal system shows you NONE and sends you to your Maker to account for this evil.

Get well #21.

G4L

Postby Gibbs4Life » Tue Nov 27, 2007 1:53 am

This is tradgic, and all of us should pray he survives. Having said that, we all know that there are 3 other teams in our division who know dang well that with Sean Taylor we are a legitimate contender and without sean we are garbage; those 3 teams have many multi-millionaires whose careers are benefitted by Sean's absense. Specifically Terrell Owens who stands to make a hundred million by winning and winning and winning, perhaps he knew there was only one individual in his way. I hate Dallas they did this (maybe).
HAIL

Skins History Buff

Postby welch » Tue Nov 27, 2007 1:57 am

Hello, all of you who just can't sleep tonight. It's hard to tear away, although I tried going to bed about four hours ago.

What is your best Sean Taylor play? The one that comes first to mind?

[I thought of starting a separate thread on my way home from work, when the last word from Miami was his lawyer's comment that "he's hanging by a thread". I thought of an old bit of one of the oldest songs, "a feather on the breath of God", written about the 11th century. That seemed the case about 6pm. Hoped for some more optimistic thread to go alongside the breathlessly grim thread we all held to all day. Now it seems that this can be a more optimistic thread. ]

Mine. Not from a game, but from a pre-game.

A few weeks ago I was lucky enough to see the Jets game. We got there more than an hour early, and pretty soon, Suisham came out to loosen up. Suisham kicked from left hash, center, right hash off a tee. Then moved back five yards and repeated. Then switches ends of the field, pausing to shake hands with the Jets kicker, and repeated. Then repeated the entire workout with the long snapper and holder.

And one other player. Through all of the kicking, Sean Taylor held a pencil and clipboard, marking the results of each kick, standing under the goal posts, probably to mark "dead on" or "shade left" or "shade right", and "well over" or "just barely".

Sometimes Taylor would take a kick and sprint a few steps with it, before tossing the balll to Suisham.

I don't remember if the Jets a a "scribe", but my memory is that their kicker was just bashing away by himself.

What struck me:

- How tall Sean Taylor is, and how smoothly he moved

- How methodical a team must be to record every kick, the position, the wind, any twists from spotting or the wind (no wind, as a matter of fact, but the thinking was obvious)

- Who the coaches had trusted to gather these tedious details: not some scrub, not the number 6 WR, and not even a regular return man like Randle-El, but the leading defensive player, the single most talented Redskin, the player often dismissed, in the press, as an "unguided missile" or "a head-hunting crazy".

So that's my favorite memory of a Sean Taylor play: Sean Taylor thinking and working long before the game, Taylor occasionally pretending to start a kick return just for the pleasure of running with the ball.

Any other favorite Taylor moments? Earlier, a couple of THN stalwarts talked about Taylor and the fans, especially the time he took to speak with kids. Any more?

Hog

Postby SkinsHead56 » Tue Nov 27, 2007 2:55 am

Well I can honestly say my favorite Sean Taylor moment was every play he was on the field. From His first preseaon game with two picks. Sean Taylor made me envious of the kind of physical gifts God would bestow on one human being. If Sean never plays ball again and lives I will have enough memories to last a life time. If he is able to make a full recovery to the field I will make it my mission to be at his first home game back. That would be a 3K mile trek for me & I hope I get to do that. For now I will be overjoyed if he is able to return to his duties as a father.

Lord we pray that you see fit to restore Sean to his health and family.
In memorium Sean Taylor 1983-2007 R.I.P.

Long live the Legend of "Meast".

Return to Sean Taylor Tribute