Sean Taylor Shot, In Critical Condition

In memory of Sean Taylor. Please post all thoughts, well-wishes and prayers here.
swine

Postby Judge » Tue Nov 27, 2007 3:19 am

welch wrote:What is your best Sean Taylor play? The one that comes first to mind?

Oh, this one is EASY.

September 19, 2005. Texas Stadium. Monday Night Football. 95 degrees at kickoff. Cowboys putting Aikman, Irvin and Smith into their Ring of Honor at halftime. (I booed them all LOUDLY.)

Redskins trailing 13-0 with less than five minutes to go.

Brunell to Santana. Forty yards.

Brunell to Santana again. SEVENTY yards.

Redskins lead 14-13. Stadium shell-shocked. Myself and a few thousand others in burgundy and gold screaming for joy.

Cowboys start to drive. Just past mid-field at two minute warning. Bledsoe throws a short pass to Crayton...

And Taylor comes from the safety position with a full head of steam and ABSOLUTELY CRUSHES CRAYTON, sending the ball six yards in the other direction and effectively ending the Cowboy threat.

You could hear the crunch of that hit all over the building, over all of the noise. Just unbelievable.

Here's the video on YouTube. Scroll forward to the 3:00 mark and have a look.

Walking out of that place on that night among sixty thousand Cowboy fans that didn't have anything to say is one of the greatest sports memories of my life, and Sean Taylor helped to shut them up by helping the defense preserve a Redskins victory, and in turn that helped to keep the Cowboys out of the playoffs for another year.

Anyway...that moment is what I'll always think of when I think of Sean Taylor. Crayton catching the ball. Taylor crushing him.

For now though, I pray God restores Sean's health to him and gives him a good long life with his family and friends.

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Tue Nov 27, 2007 3:36 am

Judge wrote:
welch wrote:What is your best Sean Taylor play? The one that comes first to mind?

Oh, this one is EASY.

September 19, 2005. Texas Stadium. Monday Night Football. 95 degrees at kickoff. Cowboys putting Aikman, Irvin and Smith into their Ring of Honor at halftime. (I booed them all LOUDLY.)

Redskins trailing 13-0 with less than five minutes to go.

Brunell to Santana. Forty yards.

Brunell to Santana again. SEVENTY yards.

Redskins lead 14-13. Stadium shell-shocked. Myself and a few thousand others in burgundy and gold screaming for joy.

Cowboys start to drive. Just past mid-field at two minute warning. Bledsoe throws a short pass to Crayton...

And Taylor comes from the safety position with a full head of steam and ABSOLUTELY CRUSHES CRAYTON, sending the ball six yards in the other direction and effectively ending the Cowboy threat.

You could hear the crunch of that hit all over the building, over all of the noise. Just unbelievable.

Here's the video on YouTube. Scroll forward to the 3:00 mark and have a look.

Walking out of that place on that night among sixty thousand Cowboy fans that didn't have anything to say is one of the greatest sports memories of my life, and Sean Taylor helped to shut them up by helping the defense preserve a Redskins victory, and in turn that helped to keep the Cowboys out of the playoffs for another year.

Anyway...that moment is what I'll always think of when I think of Sean Taylor. Crayton catching the ball. Taylor crushing him.

For now though, I pray God restores Sean's health to him and gives him a good long life with his family and friends.

That's mine too.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

piglet

Postby 2SeanTaylor1 » Tue Nov 27, 2007 3:49 am

Any Time He Knocks Sum1 Out Is My Fav. Play!

Praying 4 Sean Taylor! God Bless!!!!!!!
VICK=SUPERMAN
Sean Taylor=My Fav. Football Player

SANTANA A!

Hog

Postby forskins » Tue Nov 27, 2007 4:42 am

Hey guys Can't express my sympathies for this incident. With the rivalry between our teams, this feels like one of our brothers has had his life threatened. No matter how bitter the rivalry, times like this transcend that and all I can do offer my condolences and let you know that I'll be saying an extra prayer to the big man upstairs for Sean tonight.

From the folks at CowboysGuide, our prayers are with Sean and the Redskin family.

(Link is our thread about ST)
Chris Luva Luva wrote:

Underneath of their star and behind our battle paint, we're both fans of the game.

One Step Away

Postby VetSkinsFan » Tue Nov 27, 2007 6:09 am

I really don't think 'screw football' is the right mentality. I'm sure the Redskins, and the loyal fans we have here, in addition to the love he has for the game, are, or will be with his congative thoughts, the second most important thing to him short of his daughter and family. I'm sure when he gets wind of all of the support that the Washington DC area, in addition to Miama area from his high school/college, has given in in prayer and thought, it will give him that much more drive to recover and want to come back to his adoring fans. While it should go without saying every single person in this thread, fan or foe, wishes the best for ST, I think the best is having him out on the field again, #21, mauling people in the ST way, the only way he knows how.

If there is a God out there, may he bless ST and bring him back to us in the form of a 100% recovered man and the most feared safety in the NFL today!!!
HTTR
...any given Sunday....

RIP #21 Sean Taylor. You will be loved and adored by Redskins fans forever!!!!!

GSPODS:
The National Anthem sucks.
What a useless piece of propagandist rhetoric that is.

Hog

Postby DieselFan » Tue Nov 27, 2007 7:22 am

Sean Taylor did not make it. He passed away. Reported by JLC and Redskins.com. :(
"I've got a fever. And the only prescription is more cowbell."

The Evil Straw

Postby Fios » Tue Nov 27, 2007 7:23 am

RIP Sean Taylor

Return to Sean Taylor Tribute