The Official Retire #21 Thread

In memory of Sean Taylor. Please post all thoughts, well-wishes and prayers here.

Postby Dirk Diggler » Tue Nov 27, 2007 11:38 am

Maybe Snyder has enough pull to make Nov 27th each year a state holiday in recognition of Sean. Every Nov 27 the entire Redskin organization goes out into the community in Sean's name and does all kinds of charitable work. Sean would have loved that.

Postby JPFair » Tue Nov 27, 2007 11:44 am

Diggler,

Quit hiding behind your new screen name, and come out like a man and say who you are.

You're a coward, and you know it!

You're scum, you coward!
Sit back and watch the Redskins.

SOMETHING MAGICAL IS ABOUT TO BEGIN!

Postby Dirk Diggler » Tue Nov 27, 2007 11:47 am

JPFair wrote:Diggler,

Quit hiding behind your new screen name, and come out like a man and say who you are.

You're scum, you coward!

JP ??? What are you talking about? Did Chris Matthews from Dateline catch you last night and get you all worked up?

Postby JPFair » Tue Nov 27, 2007 11:48 am

You know what I'm talking about!
Sit back and watch the Redskins.

SOMETHING MAGICAL IS ABOUT TO BEGIN!

The Evil Straw

Postby Fios » Tue Nov 27, 2007 11:50 am

Folks, please stick to the topic at-hand, I know this is emotionally charged but please make every effort to abide by the forum guidelines
RIP Sean Taylor

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Tue Nov 27, 2007 11:51 am

Dirk Diggler wrote:
JPFair wrote:Diggler,

You're scum, you coward!

JP ??? What are you talking about? Did Chris Matthews from Dateline catch you last night and get you all worked up?

Not sure what JP did last night but you didn't deny being a coward or scum so most members will not feel bad by bypassing the meaningless garbbage that you're posting.
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

Hog

Postby Primetime42 » Tue Nov 27, 2007 11:51 am

Stupid question, but do you guys have a ring of honor? Football #'s are tricky to retire because of the restrictions you have based on position. For instance, no jersey is "officially" retired in Dallas but certain numbers are just not worn. (74, 8, 12, etc.)
"He's a playmaker, that's his label. They used to have strong safeties, but now they got another position: They're called playmakers." -Terence Newman on Roy Williams

The Evil Straw

Postby Fios » Tue Nov 27, 2007 11:52 am

The Redskins have a Ring of Fame, same thing
RIP Sean Taylor

Hog

Postby Primetime42 » Tue Nov 27, 2007 11:54 am

Fios wrote:The Redskins have a Ring of Fame, same thing
Well, there you go
"He's a playmaker, that's his label. They used to have strong safeties, but now they got another position: They're called playmakers." -Terence Newman on Roy Williams

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Tue Nov 27, 2007 11:56 am

Primetime42 wrote:Stupid question, but do you guys have a ring of honor? Football #'s are tricky to retire because of the restrictions you have based on position. For instance, no jersey is "officially" retired in Dallas but certain numbers are just not worn. (74, 8, 12, etc.)

There's a ring, not sure of the name they use (of honor, of fame or whatever) and the team has only retired 1 number officially. The Skins are painting his #21 around certain parts of Redskin Park today as a temp. memorial
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

Hog

Postby redskingush » Tue Nov 27, 2007 1:23 pm

Dirk Diggler wrote:Maybe rename the field Sean Taylor Field. Or possibly build a monument to him at the entrance.

I like that idea, however Danny won't recieve millions for the name change.

Postby SkinsGirl82 » Tue Nov 27, 2007 1:35 pm

Completely agree. I don't think I could imagine anyone else wearing that number. It needs to be retired.
I'm a Redskins born, I'm a Redskin bred, and when I die, I'll be a Redskin dead...

Hog

Postby SKINFAN » Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:11 pm

Name a whole wing after him at Redskin Park. Or the fields at redskin park. I say this coz if it's at fedex the media will go all out with their insincere rant about him, this way if it's in Ashburn, it's more like our thing, as in only true fans appreciate it, and rookies will know how high the bar was set by the man that wore #36 and #21.
#21 (36) This IS and will always be the High watermark where all new DB's are measured.

Proverbs 27:17

Return to Sean Taylor Tribute