Idea for how to honor Sean Taylor

In memory of Sean Taylor. Please post all thoughts, well-wishes and prayers here.
Hog

Idea for how to honor Sean Taylor

Postby RayNAustin » Tue Nov 27, 2007 1:41 pm

I know some have suggested retiring #21, and though I personally don't object to that, a better idea might be to create a patch to be included on all uniforms, both home and away.

Something perhaps in the form of the old Redskins "R" helmut emblem, replacing the R with 21.

This would serve two purposes...1-honor Sean, and 2-remind everyone of how fragile and uncertain life is.

I'm sure with all of the talent on this board some could come up with designs which we could collectively select and forward to the Redskins for consideration.

Your thoughts?

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Tue Nov 27, 2007 1:44 pm

Sounds good Ray, but will they sell it to the public or just give it to the players to wear ya know?

Skins History Buff

Postby welch » Tue Nov 27, 2007 1:52 pm

I like putting 21 somewhere on the uniform. No reason to take it off for a long time.

In addition, why not refuse to issue number 21 to anyone? It would look strange on anyone else. No need to officially retire the number...only Samy's number 33 is officially retired, but the Redskin equipment managers don't issue:

- 9 (Sonny)

- 42 (Charlie)

- 43 (Larry)

- 44 (Riggo)

Someone might have snagged 43 for a while, but I can't remember who or for how long. We all can remember when one of the Spurrier QB's
(Mathews?) wanted 9 and the equipment guy refused. I think Sonny said OK, but by then, the Spurrier-ist had figured out that he was unworthy to wear the number, and Redskin fans were likely to tell him so as soon as he stepped onto the field.

But definitely put 21 on the uniform and withold the number for quite a while.

Hog

Postby RayNAustin » Tue Nov 27, 2007 1:53 pm

Ya know, I think that the recall of the jerseys says something about this organization.

We can certainly criticize Synder for certain decisions, but I believe the guy has class and dignity, and I think it's the last thing on his mind to capitalize on such a tragedy.

Besides, if they did issue a patch in memory of Sean, I think we all would want one. Perhaps the proceeds could be directed to a trust fund for Sean's daughter.

cappster

Postby Cappster » Tue Nov 27, 2007 1:57 pm

I was thinking the same idea. I believe the equipment guys already have out their pins and needles to sow a patch on to the uniforms.
Sapphire AMD Radeon R9 280x, FTW!

Hog Bowl II Champion (2010)

The Evil Straw

Postby Fios » Tue Nov 27, 2007 1:58 pm

RIP Sean Taylor

The Evil Straw

Postby Fios » Tue Nov 27, 2007 2:31 pm

For those who missed it, there is a very touching slide show on the main page of this site. That got me choked up.
RIP Sean Taylor

Site Admin

Postby admin » Tue Nov 27, 2007 2:44 pm

Fios wrote:For those who missed it, there is a very touching slide show on the main page of this site. That got me choked up.

Sorry Fios, I didn't see this post, I just posted another thread for it.

My only hope is that the sorrow it may cause people will help them through their seven stages of grief.

The Evil Straw

Postby Fios » Tue Nov 27, 2007 2:48 pm

No worries sir, it deserves a thread
RIP Sean Taylor

Pursuer of Justice

Postby Justice Hog » Tue Nov 27, 2007 3:01 pm

First of all, I still want Sean Taylor's name on the Pro Bowl ballet so he can be voted into the Pro Bowl this year. He was having a great year and certainly deserves that honor!

Second, I ordered 30 RIP Sean Taylor patches yesterday. I intend to sew one onto his jersey when I receive it. I hope to get them by the Cowboys game. When I do, I'm gonna bring em to Fed Ex and pass em out.

Third, a good friend of mine does vinyl decals. I already asked him to do one for me saying RIP Sean Taylor.

Man, this sucks. I'm still speechless about the whole thing.

Fran Farren
"Justice Hog"

Newark, DE

6th person to join the "new THN message boards"

Section 341, Row 8, Seats #15 & #16

"Justice that love gives is a surrender, justice that law gives is a punishment."
-Mohandas Gandhi

Hog

Postby RayNAustin » Tue Nov 27, 2007 3:30 pm

Ya know, I think that the recall of the jerseys says something about this organization.

We can certainly criticize Synder for certain decisions, but I believe the guy has class and dignity, and I think it's the last thing on his mind to capitalize on such a tragedy.

Besides, if they did issue a patch in memory of Sean, I think we all would want one. Perhaps the proceeds could be directed to a trust fund for Sean's daughter.

Return to Sean Taylor Tribute