Tip my hat to cowboys fans

In memory of Sean Taylor. Please post all thoughts, well-wishes and prayers here.
aka Evil Hog

Postby hailskins666 » Tue Nov 27, 2007 6:38 pm

joedondero1919 wrote:you know what is so unbelievable??? i have been reading redskin message boards all day. on here, on extremeskins, on hailredskins. THOROUGHLY covering the message boards are cowboy fans offering their condolences. not to mention how many posts start... "i am a bills fan..., i am a broncos fan... i am a steelers fan" etc... followed by warm wishes and prayers. yet, in all my reading i have not found ONE, "i am an eagles fan" or "i am a giants fan" to start a sympathetic post. has anyone else?
i believe on ES, somone said something about a giants board doing 'something', i just can't recall what. and one guy who is an iggle fan did start a thread at ES.

but nowhere as many as the pukes. weird, because they are supposed to be the ones we love to hate, and vice versa.
THN's resident jerk.

Glock .40 Model 22 - First* line of home defense.... 'ADT' is for liberals.

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Tue Nov 27, 2007 6:46 pm

hailskins666 wrote:
joedondero1919 wrote:you know what is so unbelievable??? i have been reading redskin message boards all day. on here, on extremeskins, on hailredskins. THOROUGHLY covering the message boards are cowboy fans offering their condolences. not to mention how many posts start... "i am a bills fan..., i am a broncos fan... i am a steelers fan" etc... followed by warm wishes and prayers. yet, in all my reading i have not found ONE, "i am an eagles fan" or "i am a giants fan" to start a sympathetic post. has anyone else?
i believe on ES, somone said something about a giants board doing 'something', i just can't recall what. and one guy who is an iggle fan did start a thread at ES.

but nowhere as many as the pukes. weird, because they are supposed to be the ones we love to hate, and vice versa.

Weird isn't it? I even respect the team a little bit today.
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

Hog

Postby RedskinjXd » Tue Nov 27, 2007 6:56 pm

Cowboys Roy Williams is on NFL Network right now and had a lot of nice things to say about ST. he said he really looked up to sean and that they watched film of him today to remind them of what a great player he was. in my opinion, he seemed VERY sincere and shaken up. so did tony romo.

-------

Postby RedskinsFreak » Tue Nov 27, 2007 7:05 pm

It's great to see the respect rise when it's appropriate.

But Dec. 30? Different story.
***** Hail To The Redskins!!! *****

BA + MS = A New Beginning

Hog

Postby Primetime42 » Tue Nov 27, 2007 7:16 pm

joedondero1919 wrote:
Fios wrote:Bram Weinstein (who choked up while talking about the mood at Redskins Park) said the Cowboys asked for several 21 stickers to wear in some fashion when they play the Packers. That's just a class act. I already respect that organization and many of its fans but my respect for both went way up today.

not to take anything away from their motives... because i think we should give more credit to this athletes for realizing they are people before they are players... but as just a strange fact, dallas has no one on their roster that graduated from the U. and they don't appear to have any ex-redskins on their team. meaning no one on the entire roster would have ever played WITH sean taylor either in colllege or the pros.
http://www.dallascowboys.com/news.cfm?id=7E9FD991-A202-88DE-EDDED34894174439

Might clear it up some. Was from yesterday, but still...

Roy Reaches Out To Redskins' Taylor

Rob Phillips - Email
DallasCowboys.com Staff Writer
November 26, 2007 6:56 PM Change Font Size A A A A

IRVING, Texas - Cowboys strong safety Roy Williams and the Washington Redskins' Sean Taylor are considered by many the NFL's two hardest-hitting safeties. They might be NFC East rivals, but Williams became friends with Taylor when the two represented their conference in the Pro Bowl.

Williams was saddened Monday afternoon to hear reports of Taylor listed in critical condition following surgery for a gunshot wound to his upper leg suffered early that morning at his Miami home.

According to published reports, police are investigating the incident as a possible armed robbery.

"It's tragic," Williams said. "We're friends, we're associates. I know him. It's just sad that it happened to him. He's a good dude. I got to meet with him and hang out with him at the Pro Bowl. I hope him the best, and his family."
If anything, the players take it less seriously than we as fans do (The bloodsport aspect, at least). It doesn't surprise me at all that Roy got along well with him.
"He's a playmaker, that's his label. They used to have strong safeties, but now they got another position: They're called playmakers." -Terence Newman on Roy Williams

Hog

Postby (d)oink » Tue Nov 27, 2007 7:36 pm

Classy stuff.
What the....

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Tue Nov 27, 2007 7:45 pm

I have to admit that I am shamed by the class they are showing through all of this. I can't honestly say I would have had the same reaction, had it been a Cowboys player who had been shot and killed. And if Boss changed the site colors to silver and blue, I probably would have been sick to my stomach. :oops:
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

DM's #1 fan

Postby SkinsChic » Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:33 pm

That is so nice.
Hip Hip Hooray!!!
H.T.T.R.

Terri
Joe Gibbs: Terri has a very good eye for talent.

Hog

Postby Primetime42 » Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:03 pm

This one is actually much better and really moved me. Same theme:
Cowboys Saddened By Tragic Death Of Sean Taylor

Nick Eatman - Email
DallasCowboys.com Staff Writer
November 27, 2007 7:07 PM

Fans mourned the tragic loss of Redskins safety Sean Taylor, who was just 24.

IRVING, Texas - Cowboys safety Ken Hamlin said it best:

"Sometimes it's not about football. It's about life."

The tragic death of Redskins safety Sean Taylor was a big jolt to many Cowboys players who were stunned and saddened by the news.

Taylor, 24, was shot in the upper leg by an apparent intruder at his Miami home early Monday morning. After being airlifted to a nearby hospital and undergoing surgery for the wound, Taylor died early Tuesday morning.

"The guy had a family, a lot of friends," Hamlin said. "Sure he's a great player, but from everything you hear, he was a great person as well. It's definitely a big loss. I pray for his family and friends at this time."

The Cowboys' defense held a collective moment of silence for Taylor on Tuesday, and NFL commissioner Roger Goodell said the league will honor Taylor at all games this weekend.

"We extend our heartfelt sympathy to Sean's family, friends, teammates, and the Redskins' organization," Goodell said. "This is a terrible tragedy involving the loss of a young man who leaves behind many people struggling to understand it."

Cowboys safety Roy Williams said he plans to have his own tribute to Taylor, who like himself, was a top draft pick. Taylor went fifth overall to the Redskins in 2004 while Williams was the Cowboys' eighth overall pick in 2002.

"It's tragic. I'm wearing a (No.) 21 on the back of my helmet for the rest of the season," Williams said. "He's a great dude. I met him at the Pro Bowl and was impressed with him on the field and off the field. He really will be missed."

Williams said he wasn't close friends with Taylor, but has met him twice in Hawaii at the end of the season.

He said he was looking for Taylor after the Cowboys' recent game with the Redskins, which Taylor missed with a knee injury.

"When we played the Redskins two weeks ago, I was looking for him so I could reach out to him and talk to him," Williams said. "I didn't know he was hurt. It's just things like that it's like I wish I could have said something to him."

Taylor is the second NFL player fatally shot since January. Broncos cornerback Darrent Williams, a Fort Worth native, was shot and killed outside of a Denver nightclub on Jan. 1.

"We're human. It's not like we're invincible to anything," Hamlin said. "Anything can happen to us. So it's just a real scary thing. But it's a sad loss for the NFL and certainly the Redskins."
So there is your answer in regards to the stickers.

You know, I was really giddy about our game Thursday, but after all this, it seems extremely trivial. It was really unsettling this morning when I got the news, especially because it seemed like my prayers were answered that he was improving. The best comparison is what happened to Derrick Thomas.

I hope I never have to see this again :cry:
"He's a playmaker, that's his label. They used to have strong safeties, but now they got another position: They're called playmakers." -Terence Newman on Roy Williams

Postby Phillyfan1977 » Wed Nov 28, 2007 3:21 pm

I'm an Eagle fan and I saw the post that you guys might be referring to over on the Eagle's webpage. I'll be the first to admit we have a few idiots in our town but please keep in mind that 99% of Eagles fans sympathize with you guys. I remember how it felt back in '92 when Jerome Brown died. I was very much saddened to hear about Taylor's passing.

My sympathys to all Redskin fans and to the friends, family and teammates of Sean Taylor.

The Evil Straw

Postby Fios » Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:32 pm

Phillyfan1977 wrote:I'm an Eagle fan and I saw the post that you guys might be referring to over on the Eagle's webpage. I'll be the first to admit we have a few idiots in our town but please keep in mind that 99% of Eagles fans sympathize with you guys. I remember how it felt back in '92 when Jerome Brown died. I was very much saddened to hear about Taylor's passing.

My sympathys to all Redskin fans and to the friends, family and teammates of Sean Taylor.

We know a few bad apples don't spoil the bunch, the sentiments are certainly appreciated
RIP Sean Taylor

Return to Sean Taylor Tribute