Couldn't stay away from this game...

In memory of Sean Taylor. Please post all thoughts, well-wishes and prayers here.
The Punisher

Couldn't stay away from this game...

Postby Bob 0119 » Wed Nov 28, 2007 12:56 pm

I tried going to a Redskins game for my first time this year. It was the Ravens pre-season game that got rained out.

I've been a fan as long as I can remember (20+ years ago or so)

It's not that I'm any less of a fan for not going, or that I've never had anyone offer me tickets. The issue is my eyesight.

Fact is that I'm legally blind. I was always concerned that I wouldn't be able to enjoy the game because I wouldn't be able to see it.

Even though the Ravens game was rained out, it confirmed my fears.

We were in section 201 row 5, and I couldn't keep up with the play on the field. I couldn't see it.

I could see the players, but I couldn't see the ball. I determined that I probably wouldn't try that again, because it's much easier for me to see the game on TV.

This game however, I couldn't stay away from. I've got to be there. Our team needs us.

I got the best tickets I thought would get me close enough to be able to see at least some of the game, so I got Section 11 row 2 (endzone)

I'm also going to try and get one of those Kangaroo thinga-ma-jigs.

I really don't even care if I can see the game. To be honest, I'm not there for the game. I'm going to be there for the 53 guys that have to move on without their friend and teamate.

I'm going because it's the only way I can think of to properly show my respects for ST.

And though I may not be able to see very well, I can yell with the best of 'em!

Looking forward to meeting some of you this weekend for tailgating.

I'll be the guy wearing the dark red sunglasses...and one of the many wearing the Taylor home (white) jersey.

Go 'Skins!

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Wed Nov 28, 2007 1:50 pm

For a guy who can't see well, man you type better than me!!!! :shock:

The Punisher

Postby Bob 0119 » Wed Nov 28, 2007 2:30 pm

:lol:

It's 'cause I can get real close to the screen!

Actually, now that I think about it, I probably should have put this under the existing thread Bills Tix still available.

My apologies to the admin staff...

~~~~

Postby ANT7088 » Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:18 pm

Maybe if you bring some kind of radio with earphones so you can listen to the play by play it will help you figure out where the ball is
AnTsSkInZ

The Evil Straw

Postby Fios » Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:28 pm

Bob 0119 wrote::lol:

Actually, now that I think about it, I probably should have put this under the existing thread Bills Tix still available.

No apology necessary, this is worthy of its own thread ... if you are able to, swing by the THN tailgate to say hello
RIP Sean Taylor

Re: Couldn't stay away from this game...

Postby redskinmountaineer » Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:29 pm

Given all that has happened your post really moved me! Give a great big scream for me as well. I will be out of town this weekend but my heart will be with the Redskins on Sunday. Its so very difficult to miss someone that you never really met but that you got to see play the greatest game in sports. Its hard to put that into words I guess but I will miss Sean Taylor greatly. I've been a season ticket holder for nearly 9 years and haven't missed many games but certain things come up in our own lives that we can or cannot get out of. I'll be cheering along with all the Redskins fans but unfortunately I just won't be in the stadium. I'm thinking of driving up next weekend and putting some flowers on the memorial on my way to my work responsibilities. Its the least I can do as a Redskins fan.

R.I.P. Sean Taylor

Bob 0119 wrote:I tried going to a Redskins game for my first time this year. It was the Ravens pre-season game that got rained out.

I've been a fan as long as I can remember (20+ years ago or so)

It's not that I'm any less of a fan for not going, or that I've never had anyone offer me tickets. The issue is my eyesight.

Fact is that I'm legally blind. I was always concerned that I wouldn't be able to enjoy the game because I wouldn't be able to see it.

Even though the Ravens game was rained out, it confirmed my fears.

We were in section 201 row 5, and I couldn't keep up with the play on the field. I couldn't see it.

I could see the players, but I couldn't see the ball. I determined that I probably wouldn't try that again, because it's much easier for me to see the game on TV.

This game however, I couldn't stay away from. I've got to be there. Our team needs us.

I got the best tickets I thought would get me close enough to be able to see at least some of the game, so I got Section 11 row 2 (endzone)

I'm also going to try and get one of those Kangaroo thinga-ma-jigs.

I really don't even care if I can see the game. To be honest, I'm not there for the game. I'm going to be there for the 53 guys that have to move on without their friend and teamate.

I'm going because it's the only way I can think of to properly show my respects for ST.

And though I may not be able to see very well, I can yell with the best of 'em!

Looking forward to meeting some of you this weekend for tailgating.

I'll be the guy wearing the dark red sunglasses...and one of the many wearing the Taylor home (white) jersey.

Go 'Skins!

The Punisher

Postby Bob 0119 » Wed Nov 28, 2007 6:17 pm

Fios wrote:
Bob 0119 wrote::lol:

No apology necessary, this is worthy of its own thread ... if you are able to, swing by the THN tailgate to say hello

That's my plan...I'm thinking about bringing bratwurst (i couldn't figure out how to shorten bratwurst and make it plural, and I figured I wouldn't be very popular if I said I was bringing some brats)

Please keep your eyes out for me, like I said, most people can't miss the dark red sunglasses. They are the same glasses you get with the DeWalt laser-level.
Last edited by Bob 0119 on Wed Nov 28, 2007 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Punisher

Re: Couldn't stay away from this game...

Postby Bob 0119 » Wed Nov 28, 2007 6:20 pm

redskinmountaineer wrote:Given all that has happened your post really moved me! Give a great big scream for me as well.

R.I.P. Sean Taylor

I won't let you down, Mountaineer!

The Punisher

Postby Bob 0119 » Wed Nov 28, 2007 6:22 pm

ANT7088 wrote:Maybe if you bring some kind of radio with earphones so you can listen to the play by play it will help you figure out where the ball is

Yeah, I've got a small portable FM radio for Sonny Sam and Larry, I'm definately bringing that!

Thanks!

Return to Sean Taylor Tribute