Good read and comments from Rolle...

In memory of Sean Taylor. Please post all thoughts, well-wishes and prayers here.
Hog

Good read and comments from Rolle...

Postby JCaptMorgan12 » Wed Nov 28, 2007 7:29 pm

Found this article on ESPN, I thought it was a good read from ST's boyhood friend A. Rolle... article had a lot of interesting quotes I thought...

"He really didn't say too much," Rolle said, "but I know he was pretty much scared every time he was down in Miami."

"There was so much surrounding him," Rolle said. "Everyone was talking about him bad, so he just had to distance himself from everyone and live a life of his own. ... Within the last year, I've never seen anyone make such a dramatic change,"

Just like everyone is saying, except for the mainstream media... very dissapointing most media are trying to paint him in a negative way still...

"They say it was a burglary. It absolutely was not a burglary," he said. "Down South, where we're from, there were many people talking to Sean, a lot of jealousy, a lot of angry people.

"Sean, he had a large group of friends, and he no longer hung out with those friends, so you never know where this came from."

This is a shame if this is true, that people would go to these extremes because of jealousy...

Rolle said he and Taylor became friends as 6-year-old teammates for the Homestead Hurricanes. Later, when they played against each other, Rolle was a running back and Taylor a linebacker.

"They'd call a sweep one way," Rolle said. "I would look at him on that side, and I would change the play myself and go the other way because I knew he would try to knock my head off."

I love this quote from Rolle, brings back a lot of memories of Taylor and his hits...

Link to the rest of the article...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3132378
My children, gather round! No retreat, no surrender; that is Spartan law. And by Spartan law we will stand and fight... and die. A new age has begun. An age of freedom, and all will know, that 300 Spartans gave their last breaths to defend it!

Hog

Postby Skinna Mob » Wed Nov 28, 2007 11:18 pm

I truly believe exactly what Rolle said. It was pure jealousy and hatred of some he knew.
"It's almost like, you play a kid's game for a king's ransom," he said. "And if you don't take it serious enough, eventually one day you're going to say, 'Oh, I could have done this, I could have done that."
Sean Taylor

-REDSKINS TILL I DIE-

-------

Re: Good read and comments from Rolle...

Postby RedskinsFreak » Thu Nov 29, 2007 12:08 am

JCaptMorgan12 wrote:
"There was so much surrounding him," Rolle said. "Everyone was talking about him bad, so he just had to distance himself from everyone and live a life of his own. ... Within the last year, I've never seen anyone make such a dramatic change,"

Just like everyone is saying, except for the mainstream media... very dissapointing most media are trying to paint him in a negative way still...

"They say it was a burglary. It absolutely was not a burglary," he said. "Down South, where we're from, there were many people talking to Sean, a lot of jealousy, a lot of angry people.

"Sean, he had a large group of friends, and he no longer hung out with those friends, so you never know where this came from."

This is a shame if this is true, that people would go to these extremes because of jealousy...
To read him say that ST had been 'targeted' for three years is very disturbing and I pray it isn't true.

You just can't know if someone from the very past he had distanced himself from -- to do what was right by his family -- couldn't deal with ST's success.

Bone-chillingly sad, that's all that is.
***** Hail To The Redskins!!! *****

BA + MS = A New Beginning

Hog

Postby BeeGee » Thu Nov 29, 2007 12:12 am

On the surface it begins to sound like exactly that. ST went cold Turkey on the extra stuff, focused his life on his new family, and possibly made enemies in the process.

Hopefully, everyone hurt by this finds closure in some kind of way.
Cowboys 7- Redskins 6 (All we needed was 2 minutes of the 60)
Cowboys 17 - Redskins 0 (Way to NOT show up for the 100th anniversary)
----- TWO EASY -----

G4L

Postby Gibbs4Life » Thu Nov 29, 2007 12:20 am

Why did dallas pick up Tank Johnson? Jerry needed some muscle.
HAIL

Junior Hog

Postby Jake » Thu Nov 29, 2007 6:55 am

Gibbs4Life wrote:Why did dallas pick up Tank Johnson? Jerry needed some muscle.

????

Anyways, these statements from Rolle say A LOT and I think it indicates to the truth about what possibly happened. And honestly, this is the story I'm going by until something more fruitful comes up.

I mean come on, the guy has known Sean the last 18 years. I'd take his word over a lot of other people right now.
RIP Sean Taylor 1983-2007
RIP Kevin Mitchell 1971-2007
RIP Justin Skaggs 1979-2007
RIP Sammy Baugh 1914-2008

RIP JPFair
RIP VetSkinsFan

#60 Chris Samuels: 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time Pro Bowl left tackle!

Hog

Postby roybus14 » Thu Nov 29, 2007 7:25 am

Three years??? There are some serious questions that can be raised about this.
Sean Taylor - 1983-2007 R.I.P.... Forever A Skin.....

Hog

Postby LOSTHOG » Thu Nov 29, 2007 8:54 am

I don't even think the cops down there believe the statements they are releasing to the media. Hopefully they do have leads and have other theories than what they have mentioned. My guess they probably do and just don't want to show their hand yet. After all, bad guys can watch the news too.

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Thu Nov 29, 2007 9:16 am

LOL@Jake.. I was wondering the same thing about that one man.

Ya'll are right, I'll with Rolle's version before I agree with the media.

Hog

Postby spenser » Thu Nov 29, 2007 9:31 am

Why did dallas pick up Tank Johnson? Jerry needed some muscle

I think he's referring to the fact that tank has a lot of guns... for protection as like a bodyguard. Whatever... but I think Rolle is right on. For me its impossible to believe this was just some random act. Phone lines cut? Knife on the bed 8 days earlier? Past discretions with shady characters with the atv and guns involved? Im not saying it has anything ot do with that situation but this was no random break in IMO.

Return to Sean Taylor Tribute