Tears...

In memory of Sean Taylor. Please post all thoughts, well-wishes and prayers here.
aka Evil Hog

Postby hailskins666 » Tue Nov 27, 2007 7:28 pm

Hoss wrote:Here's something I spotted on another site which I thought might help. It's a tribute from George Carlin for his wife who had passed.....

The paradox of our time in history is that we have taller buildings but
shorter tempers, wider freeways, but narrower viewpoints. We spend more,
but have less; we buy more, but enjoy less. We have bigger houses and
smaller families, more conveniences, but less time. We have more degrees
but less sense, more knowledge, but less judgment, more experts, yet more
problems, more medicine, but less wellness.

We drink too much, smoke too much, spend too recklessly, laugh too little,
drive too fast, get too angry, stay up too late, get up too tired, read too
little, watch TV too much, and pray too seldom. We have multiplied our
possessions, but reduced our values. We talk too much, love too seldom, and
hate too often.

We've learned how to make a living, but not a life. We've added years to
life not life to years. We've been all the way to the moon and back, but
have trouble crossing the street to meet a new neighbor. We conquered outer
space but not inner space.

We've done larger things, but not better things. We've cleaned up the air,
but polluted the soul. We've conquered the atom, but not our prejudice.

We write more, but learn less. We plan more, but accomplish less.

We've learned to rush, but not to wait. We build more computers to hold
more information, to produce more copies than ever, but we communicate less
and less.

These are the times of fast foods and slow digestion, big men and small
character, steep profits and shallow relationships. These are the days of
two incomes but more divorce, fancier houses, but broken homes.

These are days of quick trips, disposable diapers, throwaway morality, one
night stands, overweight bodies, and pills that do everything from cheer,
to quiet, to kill.

It is a time when there is much in the showroom window and nothing in the
stockroom. A time when technology can bring this letter to you, and a time
when you can choose either to share this insight, or to just hit delete.

Remember; spend some time with your loved ones, because they are not going
to be around forever. Remember, say a kind word to someone who looks up to
you in awe, because that little person soon will grow up and leave your
side.

Remember to give a warm hug to the one next to you because that is the only
treasure you can give with your heart and it doesn't cost a cent. Remember,
to say, "I love you" to your partner and your loved ones, but most of all
mean it. A kiss and an embrace will mend hurt when it comes from deep
inside of you. Remember to hold hands and cherish the moment for someday
that person will not be there again. Give time to love, give time to speak
and give time to share the precious thoughts in your mind.

Written By George Carlin shortly after his wife died.
good stuff there.
THN's resident jerk.

Glock .40 Model 22 - First* line of home defense.... 'ADT' is for liberals.

Junior Hog

Postby Jake » Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:29 pm

I cried this last night, this morning, and a lot tonight. I know it's stupid and not even my girlfriend understands it but it feels like a family member died.

My heart has been broken all day. I teared up slightly in class this morning but held my composure at work. I had to cry when I came home.

Listen to this song and look at a picture of Sean Taylor. This will bring waterfalls down your face.

http://www.veoh.com/videos/v925884DspWgj7k
RIP Sean Taylor 1983-2007
RIP Kevin Mitchell 1971-2007
RIP Justin Skaggs 1979-2007
RIP Sammy Baugh 1914-2008

RIP JPFair
RIP VetSkinsFan

#60 Chris Samuels: 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time Pro Bowl left tackle!

...unadulterated

Postby Hoss » Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:43 pm

Jake, not stupid at all. I feel the same way. I must say it has surprised me how I have reacted to this tragedy. I have always been attracted to one's character and even though a lot of our players are fierce competitors on the field, I believe as a person they all have a strong character. They all represent the skins well and have all done their parents proud. This is one reason why I love the skins. It's going to take some time to get over this.
People may not remember exactly what you did
or what you said....

~BUT~
they will ALWAYS remember how you made them feel.

SCskinsFan

Postby SCSkinsFan » Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:17 pm

Aqua4Ever04 wrote:Awful, just awful. I hope they find that punk.

I know we gave you a lot of grief before our teams played that first game. And I know you are taking it on the chin with the Fins record being what it is right now. But all of those things are rather insignificant right now, and seem so small in light of this terrible tragedy. So, thanks for the kind words. Hang in there, and keep the faith. We all need to do that in times like these.
Skins fan Stuck in Panther land

SCskinsFan

Postby SCSkinsFan » Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:37 pm

If you don't want to start the tears rolling, then do not, I repeat do not go to the ESPN website and watch the video of Mike Golic speaking with Mark Schlereth. Stinky was talking about how he was confident that Coach Gibbs would be able to hold this team together. Like most of us, I was scouring every article on the Web relating to this tragedy, and then I got to this video. He recalled how, back when he played for the Skins, and was banged pretty bad, Joe called him into his office and spoke to him about how much he appreciated what he was doing for the team. He said he then pointed to a board that had his name and several names of the other Skins who were hurt written on it. Schlereth then told that Joe Gibbs told him that he personally prayed for him by name along with the others on the board. That was when the tears finally started to flow for me. Here's the link.

http://sports.espn.go.com/broadband/vid ... Id=2378529

But I warn you, if you watch this, if you haven't cried already, the tears will flow.
Skins fan Stuck in Panther land

Junior Hog

Postby Jake » Tue Nov 27, 2007 10:07 pm

http://youtube.com/watch?v=AX7MHShp6Y4

Tribute video to the tune of Eric Clapton's "If I Saw You in Heaven."

The tears are flowing again. I can't help this.

RIP JPFair
RIP VetSkinsFan

#60 Chris Samuels: 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time Pro Bowl left tackle!

Hog

Postby absinthe1023 » Tue Nov 27, 2007 10:28 pm

Same here. It's amazing how many similar videos are on Youtube, complete with respectful comments from fans of all teams....
"No one played with more heart."

-Clinton Portis on Sean Taylor

As of 11/27/07, I resolve to never again read any version of the Washington Post.

Hog

Postby Charm City Sports » Tue Nov 27, 2007 11:34 pm

Jake wrote:I cried this last night, this morning, and a lot tonight. I know it's stupid and not even my girlfriend understands it but it feels like a family member died.

My heart has been broken all day. I teared up slightly in class this morning but held my composure at work. I had to cry when I came home.

Listen to this song and look at a picture of Sean Taylor. This will bring waterfalls down your face.

http://www.veoh.com/videos/v925884DspWgj7k

Nothing to be asamed of. I have been in tears all day.

My wife understood once I said "emagine if Cal ripken died"?

She said she would cry for days, and she told me she understood.

I am working on a tribute video for my website, one it is up I will post the link.
Words can't express the loss I feel in my heart.

R.I.P. # 21

We will always remember you.

Sean Taylor was known for his hard hits.

His hardest hit will always be the day that he was taken from us.

swine

Quote From Sean Taylor's Final Interview

Postby SkinMeAlive » Wed Nov 28, 2007 7:56 am

"You can't be scared of death". "When that time comes, it comes. ... You never see a person who has lived their life to the fullest. They sometimes feel sorry for like a child, maybe, that didn't get a chance to do some of the things they thought that child might have had a chance to do in life. I've been blessed. God's looked out for me, so, I'm happy."

I couldn't locate the context of the question Sean was responding to, and don't care to speculate on whether or not this was some sort of premonition of the future on Sean's part. What it does tell me is that Sean was undoubtedly happy with his life and his faith in God.

I felt better after reading this. Maybe it will help some other THN member as well.

The Evil Straw

Re: Quote From Sean Taylor's Final Interview

Postby Fios » Wed Nov 28, 2007 8:42 am

Sean Taylor wrote:"You can't be scared of death". "When that time comes, it comes. ... You never see a person who has lived their life to the fullest. They sometimes feel sorry for like a child, maybe, that didn't get a chance to do some of the things they thought that child might have had a chance to do in life. I've been blessed. God's looked out for me, so, I'm happy."

This came from an interview with WTEM radio, not certain of the when but it was relatively recent.
RIP Sean Taylor

Floored.....

Postby Iowaskinsfan » Wed Nov 28, 2007 5:47 pm

I just want to say that me being from iowa that i was floored about hereing about it yesterday. I am more of a reader than a writer on here, but i was so speechless that i couldnt think of anything to say about it . I just hope that the family and the skins can prevail through all that has happened. I felt like a little school girl crying yeaterday. I would love to be there sun. but live to far away to go. But i make it to all the games when they play around here. so hopefully some of you will go to the vikings game and get together. My condolences to everyone who loved him in some way. I guess that god wanted him on his football team.
R.I.P SEAN
I will miss watching him and his big hits.
To the Skins. Those who stay will be Champions!!!!!!!

**ch44

Postby chiefhog44 » Wed Nov 28, 2007 6:44 pm

I'm not real good with words, but I just wanted to add something on here as to how I feel. I've been fighting tears all day because of how passionate I am about the team, and how bad I feel for ST's family. I have a one yr old daughter and can't imagine what they went through, or what's to come. I live out in Chicago, and so no one out here really knows how passionate skins fans are about the team, and can't relate to my grief. I'm married to a Steeler fan and so she understands.

I've never met ST in my life, just enjoyed what he brought to this team. He was the face of the defense...he was superman. I loved how his gloves were never velcro'ed shut, how he wore his socks up to his knee, how his shirt was always untucked, his huge hits, how he walked like a total bad a*^ with a little hunch in his back, but most importantly, I loved his passion for the game. He played the game as I remember the hogs used to play. They left it all on the field.

I'm flying in for the next two games (next week against Chicago), with no tickets and no plans. Just want to be with people who feel the same about what's going on. I'm first in line to get a replica Portis 21 jersey if they go on sale.

For those of you who were dogging Gibbs, I'd love to see your faces now. This is the ONLY coach I'd want in this situation.

Fight on

Postby ripseantaylor21 » Wed Nov 28, 2007 11:58 pm

I cried all day yesterday. I couldnt stop. I had a moment every now and then but just basically all day. I would just be driving in my car and it would be silent and I would literally start bawling. Harder than I've ever cried before. Points to where it was hard to breathe. People think it's silly that we cry over a football player. He was a human being and when you become SO close to a team as most Redskins fans are and any fan is you just have a bond with the team and have a strong connection and you don't even personally know anyone on the team!! I wasnt sure Monday how I would react if anything happened to Sean Taylor or anyone on the team for that matter. And yesterday I have to say I was so surprised. Surprised by how I cried and what I thought about as I cried. I knew I would be extremely upset. But not to the point where I felt like I had lost someone so close to me. No one understands until someone from your team is lost by something like this and you have such a relationship in a way with the players and you dont even know them. I'm just thankful to know that I'm not alone when it comes down to the crying and feeling as if we lost a brother. I don't know how long it will take to get over this but I prayed all day yesterday that he was in Heaven with God. And an hour later I heard Gibbs on the radio talking about how he knew what a great relationship Sean had with God and that comforted me SO much. Just knowing he was in Heaven was amazing. I'm just so thankful for knowing that and having all of these wonderful fellow Redskin fans to be able to talk about all of this with. Thank you Sean. You have no idea what an impact you've had on everyone's lives, in so many different ways.

Junior Hog

Postby Jake » Thu Nov 29, 2007 6:49 am

ripseantaylor21 wrote:I cried all day yesterday. I couldnt stop. I had a moment every now and then but just basically all day. I would just be driving in my car and it would be silent and I would literally start bawling. Harder than I've ever cried before. Points to where it was hard to breathe. People think it's silly that we cry over a football player. He was a human being and when you become SO close to a team as most Redskins fans are and any fan is you just have a bond with the team and have a strong connection and you don't even personally know anyone on the team!! I wasnt sure Monday how I would react if anything happened to Sean Taylor or anyone on the team for that matter. And yesterday I have to say I was so surprised. Surprised by how I cried and what I thought about as I cried. I knew I would be extremely upset. But not to the point where I felt like I had lost someone so close to me. No one understands until someone from your team is lost by something like this and you have such a relationship in a way with the players and you dont even know them. I'm just thankful to know that I'm not alone when it comes down to the crying and feeling as if we lost a brother. I don't know how long it will take to get over this but I prayed all day yesterday that he was in Heaven with God. And an hour later I heard Gibbs on the radio talking about how he knew what a great relationship Sean had with God and that comforted me SO much. Just knowing he was in Heaven was amazing. I'm just so thankful for knowing that and having all of these wonderful fellow Redskin fans to be able to talk about all of this with. Thank you Sean. You have no idea what an impact you've had on everyone's lives, in so many different ways.

Sounds like what I've been saying all week.

I wish more people besides Redskins fans understood that it does feel like a brother or close family member passed away.

And we have lost someone in our family. Our Redskins family.

RIP JPFair
RIP VetSkinsFan

Hog

Postby DaRealistJoka » Thu Nov 29, 2007 8:00 am

Jake wrote:
ripseantaylor21 wrote:I cried all day yesterday. I couldnt stop. I had a moment every now and then but just basically all day. I would just be driving in my car and it would be silent and I would literally start bawling. Harder than I've ever cried before. Points to where it was hard to breathe. People think it's silly that we cry over a football player. He was a human being and when you become SO close to a team as most Redskins fans are and any fan is you just have a bond with the team and have a strong connection and you don't even personally know anyone on the team!! I wasnt sure Monday how I would react if anything happened to Sean Taylor or anyone on the team for that matter. And yesterday I have to say I was so surprised. Surprised by how I cried and what I thought about as I cried. I knew I would be extremely upset. But not to the point where I felt like I had lost someone so close to me. No one understands until someone from your team is lost by something like this and you have such a relationship in a way with the players and you dont even know them. I'm just thankful to know that I'm not alone when it comes down to the crying and feeling as if we lost a brother. I don't know how long it will take to get over this but I prayed all day yesterday that he was in Heaven with God. And an hour later I heard Gibbs on the radio talking about how he knew what a great relationship Sean had with God and that comforted me SO much. Just knowing he was in Heaven was amazing. I'm just so thankful for knowing that and having all of these wonderful fellow Redskin fans to be able to talk about all of this with. Thank you Sean. You have no idea what an impact you've had on everyone's lives, in so many different ways.

Sounds like what I've been saying all week.

I wish more people besides Redskins fans understood that it does feel like a brother or close family member passed away.

And we have lost someone in our family. Our Redskins family.

I am glad my family understood and never questioned me about why I was crying. I have been crying for two days now. Sean touched the whole Redskins nation. We love Sean. We love our Redskins and people will never understand the definition of being a true fan. There are no other fans like Redskins fans. I will miss you Sean and will never forget you. There is no doubt in my mind you would have been the Greatest Safety to ever play the game. R.I.P we love you
DaRealist Fan
R.I.P Sean Taylor

Return to Sean Taylor Tribute