Sean Taylor Greatest Safety ever!

In memory of Sean Taylor. Please post all thoughts, well-wishes and prayers here.
Hog

Sean Taylor Greatest Safety ever!

Postby por-tiz2skins » Wed Nov 28, 2007 9:39 pm

Alot of us can agree right now but Sean Taylor is the greatest safety ever I mean no safety has had the rare gift Taylor had.

Alot of you can agree or disagree but Taylor is and has been a pro-bowl safety since he came to the NFL.

He just was great and not even Ed Reed-BDawk-Troy-Hope-Bob-Wilson had the talent like Taylor had.Taylor was been said in the ESPN today being the best safety any one ever knew.

He had

Speed
A lock down safety
aggressiveness
pressure
could of played WR-RB-LB-CB-QB- and other postions besides safety
A smart Safety
and his trade mark A Hard Hitting safety and every one in his path feared him espically Terrell Owens.

Its so sad but Taylor was looking great this year and will be mist alot.Very possibly even with 4 NFL experience he could very well make the HoF if NFL considers it cause I would.
R.I.P

Sean Taylor-21#
Greatest safety ever and the most feared hardest hitting safety ever.

"I swear I'll Honor the number 21#"

-Clinton Portis

aka Evil Hog

Postby hailskins666 » Wed Nov 28, 2007 9:55 pm

](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)
THN's resident jerk.

Glock .40 Model 22 - First* line of home defense.... 'ADT' is for liberals.

Hog

Postby por-tiz2skins » Wed Nov 28, 2007 9:59 pm

hailskins666 wrote:](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)
:feedback;
R.I.P

Sean Taylor-21#
Greatest safety ever and the most feared hardest hitting safety ever.

"I swear I'll Honor the number 21#"

-Clinton Portis

aka Evil Hog

Postby hailskins666 » Wed Nov 28, 2007 10:03 pm

por-tiz2skins wrote:
you're so young. it's hard to hat for that.
THN's resident jerk.

Glock .40 Model 22 - First* line of home defense.... 'ADT' is for liberals.

Hog

Postby GSPODS » Wed Nov 28, 2007 10:06 pm

Ronnie Lott
Steve Atwater
Alvin Walton
Dick Lane
Ken Houston
Paul Krause
Larry Wilson
Willie Wood

Should I continue?

Hog

Postby Skinna Mob » Wed Nov 28, 2007 11:20 pm

Man please... Sean Taylor is the "MJ" of Free Safties. He re-defined the position.
"It's almost like, you play a kid's game for a king's ransom," he said. "And if you don't take it serious enough, eventually one day you're going to say, 'Oh, I could have done this, I could have done that."
Sean Taylor

-REDSKINS TILL I DIE-

|||

Postby HEROHAMO » Wed Nov 28, 2007 11:47 pm

Nothing wrong with having an opinion.

I have to say he could have been the greatest. He did alot with the little time he was here. He no doubt played every play like it was his last. This is why we appreciated him so much.

He certainly is the most gifted safety ever to step on a football field. If Portiz 2 skins thinks he is the greatest , I do not see anything wrong with that.

An all time team I would have Sean Taylor starting over any other free safety no doubt.

Tell me any other safety with the physical tools Taylor had.
Sean Taylor starting free safety Heavens team!

21 Forever

"The show must go on."

piggie

Postby MossIsBoss88 » Wed Nov 28, 2007 11:50 pm

por-tiz2skins wrote:

LOL good work.
There are only two teams I root for in the NFL. The Skins, and whoever is playing Dallas.

It's okay that we drafted a Landry. After this season, the crygirls will have a new association with that name.

Hog

Postby Mississippi Hog » Wed Nov 28, 2007 11:53 pm

If this tragedy had not occured, and he played about 6+ more seasons, I think you would be able to say that. True, he was redefining the position, but he did not have enough time in the league to be the best ever. Best current? I would say right there at the top. Best ever? He was to young to be given that title. If he had been able to have a complete career, most would say he would have been the best ever. He was definitely headed in that direction. HOF? I doubt it. Not enough time in the league. Just because his career (and life) ended early, does not make him a bet for the HOF. Plenty of guys' careers were cut short, and they did not make the Hall just because of their potential.

Hog

Postby BeeGee » Thu Nov 29, 2007 12:07 am

Hard to call him the best ever (RIP) at 24 years old, but I will say this: He's the first Redskin I've feared since The Hogs and #44 running behind them, I swear to goodness.

When you guys drafted Taylor I was like "damn" because I knew he was gonna be a great one. At Miami, I don't think I've ever seen a bigger ballhawk than him. Ever. The probability that he was gonna come up with a pick or fumble and make a big play was so great that it made him a serious OFFensive weapon who didn't play offense (save for a few plays).

Okay, Brian Mitchell and Dexter Manley were always slightly intimidating to me too...
Cowboys 7- Redskins 6 (All we needed was 2 minutes of the 60)
Cowboys 17 - Redskins 0 (Way to NOT show up for the 100th anniversary)
----- TWO EASY -----

Postby skinsfan#33 » Thu Nov 29, 2007 5:37 am

BeeGee wrote:Hard to call him the best ever (RIP) at 24 years old, but I will say this: He's the first Redskin I've feared since The Hogs and #44 running behind them, I swear to goodness.

When you guys drafted Taylor I was like "#$@!!!" because I knew he was gonna be a great one. At Miami, I don't think I've ever seen a bigger ballhawk than him. Ever. The probability that he was gonna come up with a pick or fumble and make a big play was so great that it made him a serious OFFensive weapon who didn't play offense (save for a few plays).

Okay, Brian Mitchell and Dexter Manley were always slightly intimidating to me too...

Nice touch with the new avatar.
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain"
(It is time to roll the dice) Tai'shar Manetheren

"Duty is heavier than a Mountain, Death is lighter than a feather" Tai'shar Malkier

RIP James Oliver Rigney, Jr. 1948-2007

Hog

Postby LOSTHOG » Thu Nov 29, 2007 8:51 am

ST was not the greatest ever. He was very special and had the chance to become one of the all time greats. He just wasn't given the time to do it. What we have to do especially in the coming years is to make sure the young fans don't forget about him. Let them know that he was one helluva player for us.

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:19 am

Yeaaa, I'm gonna have to disagree with the greatest ever thing. I'm leaning more towards Ronnie Lott or Steve Atwater for that one. However, he may have been one of the best safeties OUR organization has seen sure.

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:26 am

BeeGee wrote:Okay, Brian Mitchell and Dexter Manley were always slightly intimidating to me too...

Hey BeeGee, weren't Dexter and Irvin like best friends on "snowy" days? LOL

Brown in the Hall

Postby NC43Hog » Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:37 am

Sean COULD have been the greatest if some lunatic hadn't cut his life short.
"Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son." - Dean Wormer

Return to Sean Taylor Tribute