If I wear my Sean Taylor jersey tomorrow....

In memory of Sean Taylor. Please post all thoughts, well-wishes and prayers here.

If I wear my Sean Taylor jersey tomorrow....

Postby Klanko » Wed Nov 28, 2007 2:11 pm

...would it be considered as a nice memorandum, or completely tasteless? I was going to wear it today in remembrance, but had second thoughts. He was my favorite Redskin, my favorite football player, and favorite player in any sport period.

The Evil Straw

Postby Fios » Wed Nov 28, 2007 2:18 pm

I wore mine to work yesterday, nothing wrong with it at all
RIP Sean Taylor

###

Postby redskindave » Wed Nov 28, 2007 3:45 pm

I wore mine today, I dont see anything wrong with that,
Hail To The Redskins!
Forty men together can't lose
Blaine Ohio home of Ohios biggest Redskin fan
Every man has to die, Not every man really lives

Photo Hog

Postby tazlah » Wed Nov 28, 2007 5:01 pm

I say wear it and do so proudly! It's your way of honoring someone you admire who has passed well before his time, and a way to show support for your team who are grieving more than any of us.

That's my 2 cents.
If men can run the world, why can't they stop wearing neckties? How intelligent is it to start the day by tying a little noose around your neck?

kazoo

Re: If I wear my Sean Taylor jersey tomorrow....

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Wed Nov 28, 2007 6:13 pm

Klanko wrote:...would it be considered as a nice memorandum, or completely tasteless? I was going to wear it today in remembrance, but had second thoughts. He was my favorite Redskin, my favorite football player, and favorite player in any sport period.

If you are dressed and present yourself appropriately why would anyone question your sincerity that it's anything but a payment of respect for ST? If you do something to make it look insincere in some way then it would be insulting.
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Proverb: Failure is not falling down. Failure is not getting up again

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

Junior Hog

Postby Jake » Wed Nov 28, 2007 11:22 pm

Klanko wrote:...would it be considered as a nice memorandum, or completely tasteless? I was going to wear it today in remembrance, but had second thoughts. He was my favorite Redskin, my favorite football player, and favorite player in any sport period.

Wear it proudly.

I've worn mine the last three days and probably will for the next week or so. I'm proud to have even met the guy, let alone be a fan of his and the Redskins and wearing his jersey fully represents the appreciation I have for him and the life that he led.

Wearing his jersey is anything but inappropriate.
RIP Sean Taylor 1983-2007
RIP Kevin Mitchell 1971-2007
RIP Justin Skaggs 1979-2007
RIP Sammy Baugh 1914-2008

RIP JPFair
RIP VetSkinsFan

#60 Chris Samuels: 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time Pro Bowl left tackle!

piggie

Postby MossIsBoss88 » Wed Nov 28, 2007 11:48 pm

.......was my post deleted????
There are only two teams I root for in the NFL. The Skins, and whoever is playing Dallas.

It's okay that we drafted a Landry. After this season, the crygirls will have a new association with that name.

Hog

Postby BeeGee » Wed Nov 28, 2007 11:56 pm

I work with a good amount of Redskins fans, and one in particular who I've become really good friends with, is a huge Sean Taylor fan.

Our boss, out of respect for Taylor's passing, has allowed wear jerseys the rest of the week. Today, we traded jerseys: His Sean Taylor for my Ron Springs. I'm an emotional cat and I had to go to the restroom and let out a few tears when I put that jersey on, man. Completely honored and he completely caught me by surprise when he offered it to me.

Nothing tasteless at all about representing a person that you admired/respected.
Cowboys 7- Redskins 6 (All we needed was 2 minutes of the 60)
Cowboys 17 - Redskins 0 (Way to NOT show up for the 100th anniversary)
----- TWO EASY -----

Hog

Postby Charm City Sports » Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:37 am

Wear it proud...
Words can't express the loss I feel in my heart.

R.I.P. # 21

We will always remember you.

Sean Taylor was known for his hard hits.

His hardest hit will always be the day that he was taken from us.

Return to Sean Taylor Tribute