Sean Taylor Greatest Safety ever!

In memory of Sean Taylor. Please post all thoughts, well-wishes and prayers here.
^^^^^

Postby patjam77 » Thu Nov 29, 2007 12:50 pm

hailskins666 wrote:
por-tiz2skins wrote:
hailskins666 wrote:](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)
:feedback;
you're so young. it's hard to hat for that.

I think we see his maturity just fine. Nice MATURE response Por-tiz.
May #21 never be worn again by another Redskin but may every Redskin play like they are wearing #21 on their backs.

^^^^^

Postby patjam77 » Thu Nov 29, 2007 12:52 pm

NC43Hog wrote:Sean COULD have been the greatest if some lunatic hadn't cut his life short.

Whole heartedly agree... Sickens me even more.

He was just becoming a perennial Pro-Bowler for the next 10 years. I'm glad to have witnessed such a terrific player.
May #21 never be worn again by another Redskin but may every Redskin play like they are wearing #21 on their backs.

Pursuer of Justice

Postby Justice Hog » Thu Nov 29, 2007 1:03 pm

Sean was not quite the best free safety around....not quite yet.

With each passing year, however, he improved his game. It would have been only a matter of time, in my opinion, for him to earn the reputation as the best to ever play that position in the NFL.

I still can't believe he is no longer with us.
Fran Farren
"Justice Hog"

Newark, DE

6th person to join the "new THN message boards"

Section 341, Row 8, Seats #15 & #16

"Justice that love gives is a surrender, justice that law gives is a punishment."
-Mohandas Gandhi

Hog

Postby riggofan » Thu Nov 29, 2007 3:13 pm

Don't know if ST was the greatest safety ever to play the game. But its not hard to see why so many fans loved him as a Redskin. He's has always been one of the bright spots on this team even when it has struggled.

I keep reading about how Sean was so quiet around the media, etc; Personally that was always one of the things I liked about him. There have always been too many players on this team running their mouths and not delivering on Sundays. Nobody can say that about Sean Taylor.

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Thu Nov 29, 2007 3:24 pm

Justice Hog wrote:Sean was not quite the best free safety around....not quite yet.

With each passing year, however, he improved his game. It would have been only a matter of time, in my opinion, for him to earn the reputation as the best to ever play that position in the NFL.

I still can't believe he is no longer with us.

I can understand how anyone who was never priviledged to watch Ronnie Lott intimidate receivers would not appreciate him. Those who never had the opportunity to see Kenny Houston snatch Walt Garrison up in mid-stride, and slam him to the ground a couple of yards short of the goal line, would not know. There was greatness.

Sean Taylor was a once in a lifetime talent. Too young to be the best ever. In this scheme, playing center field in a cover 3, a scheme that was tailor made for him, he would have grown into true greatness...

Not the best ever. Damn sure would have been... but not yet.
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Thu Nov 29, 2007 4:01 pm

Hey CounterTrey, I don't know Kenny Watson besides the film that they show occasionally (primarily the one play you named) but I sure as hell remember Ronnie Lott. The monster that he was in San Fran and Oakland primarily before he moved on to NYJets and such. ST would have definitely been up there if those bammaz didn't murder him.

Hog

Postby por-tiz2skins » Thu Nov 29, 2007 5:08 pm

langleyparkjoe wrote:Hey CounterTrey, I don't know Kenny Watson besides the film that they show occasionally (primarily the one play you named) but I sure as hell remember Ronnie Lott. The monster that he was in San Fran and Oakland primarily before he moved on to NYJets and such. ST would have definitely been up there if those bammaz didn't murder him.
Rolle (CB) from cards said that Taylor has been targeted since he was a kid.And believe its a former friend but now I hope the guy that killed the great Sean Taylor will pay for this.
R.I.P

Sean Taylor-21#
Greatest safety ever and the most feared hardest hitting safety ever.

"I swear I'll Honor the number 21#"

-Clinton Portis

Hog

Postby GSPODS » Thu Nov 29, 2007 5:10 pm

por-tiz2skins wrote:
langleyparkjoe wrote:Hey CounterTrey, I don't know Kenny Watson besides the film that they show occasionally (primarily the one play you named) but I sure as hell remember Ronnie Lott. The monster that he was in San Fran and Oakland primarily before he moved on to NYJets and such. ST would have definitely been up there if those bammaz didn't murder him.
Rolle (CB) from cards said that Taylor has been targeted since he was a kid.And believe its a former friend but now I hope the guy that killed the great Sean Taylor will pay for this.

:hmm: And this has exactly what to do with this thread that you started?

Hog

Postby por-tiz2skins » Thu Nov 29, 2007 5:16 pm

GSPODS wrote:
por-tiz2skins wrote:

:hmm: And this has exactly what to do with this thread that you started?
Ummmmm cause maybe I want to refer to his quote"kill those bammaz"as to I wanted to update in the murder.
R.I.P

Sean Taylor-21#
Greatest safety ever and the most feared hardest hitting safety ever.

"I swear I'll Honor the number 21#"

-Clinton Portis

Brown in the Hall

Postby NC43Hog » Thu Nov 29, 2007 5:21 pm

Ken HOUSTON

For all you youngsters, here is maybe the greatest defense stop in Redskins history.

Houston tackle link

and the greatest game this 13 year old ever saw. Long time ago. :wink:

1972 NFC Championship Game
"Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son." - Dean Wormer

Hog

Postby GSPODS » Thu Nov 29, 2007 5:23 pm

NC43Hog wrote:Ken HOUSTON

For all you youngsters, here is maybe the greatest defense stop in Redskins history.

Houston tackle link

He's in my list back on page 1 of this thread. :lol:

Brown in the Hall

Postby NC43Hog » Thu Nov 29, 2007 5:24 pm

por-tiz2skins wrote:Ummmmm cause maybe I want to refer to his quote"kill those bammaz"as to I wanted to update in the murder.

Not related to this thread so stay on topic, or post that elsewhere.
Last edited by NC43Hog on Thu Nov 29, 2007 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Brown in the Hall

Postby NC43Hog » Thu Nov 29, 2007 5:26 pm

Ken Houston is in the HOF for making plays like that look routine.

swine

Postby Redskins913 » Thu Nov 29, 2007 6:20 pm

Don't let your emotion mix.

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Thu Nov 29, 2007 7:01 pm

NC43Hog wrote:Ken HOUSTON

Houston tackle link

Heck... maybe the greatest defensive stop EVER. No way Houston should have been able to make that tackle. Defied the laws of physics. Beautiful memory.

I have no doubt that Sean Taylor makes that stop... if not the pick. I have no doubt that he would go on to make many such imposible plays. But, thanks to some narcisistic, microcephalic, cowardly, criminal slime, it will never happen. Taylor will be remembered mostly for the incredible potential that he represented... not what he had actually done in football... This was going to be his first truly great year, with many more to follow.

Beautiful but sad, potential memories. Lost. :cry:

I'm still trying to figure out who Kenny Watson is... :hmm:
Last edited by Countertrey on Thu Nov 29, 2007 7:12 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

Return to Sean Taylor Tribute