Minutes Applause?

In memory of Sean Taylor. Please post all thoughts, well-wishes and prayers here.
piggie

Minutes Applause?

Postby please_remain_calm » Thu Nov 29, 2007 8:20 pm

I just watched the moment's silence for ST at the Cowboys game.

Some soccer teams have went to the minutes applause instead of the silence for these occasions. I believe it started in Italy but the most moving example I have seen is Celtic's for Jinky Johnstone.

Let the rest of the league do their moments silence but have OUR stadium applauding the man and celebrating his life.

I have not contributed much to the ST threads, I just have not known what to say :( I for one would love to see this happen.
Hail! Hail! The Celts are here!

HAIL to the REDSKINS!

Junior Hog

Re: Minutes Applause?

Postby Jake » Thu Nov 29, 2007 8:25 pm

please_remain_calm wrote:I just watched the moment's silence for ST at the Cowboys game.

Some soccer teams have went to the minutes applause instead of the silence for these occasions. I believe it started in Italy but the most moving example I have seen is Celtic's for Jinky Johnstone.

Let the rest of the league do their moments silence but have OUR stadium applauding the man and celebrating his life.

I have not contributed much to the ST threads, I just have not known what to say :( I for one would love to see this happen.

Why not do both? Applaud and cheer AFTER the moment of silence, like the Cowboys fans did.
RIP Sean Taylor 1983-2007
RIP Kevin Mitchell 1971-2007
RIP Justin Skaggs 1979-2007
RIP Sammy Baugh 1914-2008

RIP JPFair
RIP VetSkinsFan

#60 Chris Samuels: 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time Pro Bowl left tackle!

piggie

Postby please_remain_calm » Thu Nov 29, 2007 8:29 pm

Possibly. Have the entire stadium standing and cheering after the silence would really be something.

It would be nice to have the memory at our stadium be different from the rest of the NFL, he is OURS ya know?
Hail! Hail! The Celts are here!

HAIL to the REDSKINS!

Return to Sean Taylor Tribute